Adsense Classic 1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• turret microswitch

turret microswitch doesnt lock out machine.. replaced microswitch. but it still doesnt work..

Re: turret microswitch

I'd start this way:

Be sure turret is LEVEL, both front/back and side/side. You can put a level on the bottom of the turret indexing pulley/cam to verify this.

Once you know the turret is level, undo the jam nut at the back of the turret frame and run the bolt that touches the microswitch into the frame until the machine blacks out, then bring it out till she turns back on, and add about 1 turn. I look for about 1/2" lift up on the front of the turret frame before the machine blacks out. If there's a consensus on a better adjustment, great, but I'd want the switch as touchy as possible without the machine flickering during normal operation:

Kevin

Comment

The microswitch doesnt do anything itself.. Even off of the nut it doesnt black the machine out.. Neither does the Deck Jam Microswitch. We just finished replacing the scissor latch, and deck holding hook, due to a deck jam. Machine didnt lock out, just kept running .. causing some damage..

Comment

REPLACE BOTH THE TURRET AND DECK JAM MICROSWITCHES.

Comment

If neither jam switch will shut off machine, get out a wiring diagram and see if they've been bypassed.

Comment

*Deleted comments about the TJS dust boot.*

I missed the deal about the Deck Jam switch.

My bad.

Comment

Here's the relevant part of the print:

On the low voltage strip, the control circuit should run in series all the way from transformer lead to low voltage strip terminal 6, through the rear switch to terminal 5,through TJ switch to terminal 3, through DJ switch to terminal 2. Then through mask, managers switches, MSR coil, terminal 9, Low voltage fuse, and back to transformer. ANY break in this circuit should shut the pinsetter off cold ... if you take one of the DJ wires off the terminal, machine should not run, same for TJ, rear switch, anything.

Post again if you need more:

Kevin

Comment

It is most unusual that both the deck jam and turret jam switches started malfunctioning at the same time. I would also look at your motor contactor and motor start relay. Maybe sticking. I have seen machines run with all the switches turned off, except the breaker.
                John B
                ------------
                just fix it

Comment

it is all hooked up correct.. brand new microswitches . still a no go..

Comment

Ken:

Does this machine have the Deck jam interlock relay kit (would have a clear plastic cased relay, about 2"x2"x2" inside the electrical box), and normally a lever that hooked to the deck jam tube that disengages the gearbox clutch in the event of a deck jam. If so, they wire differently, and if the coil of the relay is burnt out or disconnected, would cause those symptoms.

I'm ass-u-me-ing that the machine will turn off with managers, masking, and rear switches ... that would rule out the sticking Motor start relay and contactor.

let us know:

Kevin

Comment

it does have a clear plastic cased relay, about 2"x2"x2" inside the electrical box.. I will check it out..

Comment

The Plastic relay as long as it is "not"energized
                        will keep the the 24 volt control circuit closed(as far as jam switches go)

When the relay is energized the circiut is open and cuts off the pinsetter.

Now what energizes the relay is the either/or jam switches.
                        These switches have to be wired N/C (nommally closed).the wires going to the switches one will be on the common and the other will be on the N/C
                        terminal.Both the jam switch wires will go to TS2 # 3 and TS2 # 9.....I hope this is the correct locations,(someone jump in if not) i am working off memory.

Peanut
                        Peanut

Comment

replaced relay... same prob

Comment

Ken:

If all your machines have the relay installed, follow the machine next door for the correct switch and relay wiring ... the print I posted is not correct for the "modified" system ... can someone else post the right print for the machines equipped with the interlock relay??

Kevin

Comment

I'm just fishing here since the posts are all solid advice but,
                              is the deck jam switch aligned properly?,i had to add a shim to one of mine to get it to sit correctly.
                              Is there by some ODD chance that both switches are tied in together on the same line and not operating on their own line?I know i'm fishing but i've seen some strange things done on machines.
                              Am i wrong but it seem's as if there is constant power going to these switches,could it all be hooked on the wrong terminal strips?Yes.....follow the machine next to it and trace each line from start to finish.
                              Use what you have to,to get it through the shift then fix it right.Do it right and live through the night...Safety first!

Comment

Topic Starter RibbonScript

Collapse

Adsense Classic 2

Collapse
                              widgetinstance 666 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.

Rake sweeping out of time, and pin launching onto lane.

I work on some nice old Brunswick A-2 pin setters. Most issues I've come across haven't been to problematic to figure out. But being I can't seem to get it to recreate the issue...

Strange sweep problem

I’m a rookie mechanic and have been working on pinsetters for 2 years. One of my lanes has a problem with a sweep possibly coasting. I don’t know what could be causing it...

GSX Distributor shaft bearings

Two part topic:
                              1. Plastic bearing (#66) used in place of regular sealed bearing (#51) -- thoughts?

2. ANY of these bearings with the black support mount...

The Legacy of the A2

I was recently disheartened to learn that a bowling center that I once serviced was actively looking to replace their A2's. I understand that most military bases and educational...

Table turning on short stroke.

Hello dear Bowltech members.
                              First let me say thank you for your time. am plagued by a big issue for three weeks now.
                              our technician is working full time on another...

Another pivot bearing broke.

One and a half year old GSX machines. This will be the 5th pivot bearing that has broke. This one decided to take out a few things with it. Snapped the stroke limiter shock stud...
                              Working...
                              X