Adsense Classic 1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• cam follower bearings?

here's a stupid question. does anyone out there have a secret to getting the cam follower bearings off or on? for example the geneva rollers bearings and the spider release bearing? the bearings have a space for a slotted screwdriver then they put that pin thing right in the middle of the slot so it is impossible to tighten or remove them. i have a few that are loose and i feel they are causing my blackout problems but i can't seem to get them tightened. does anyone know of a manufacturer that allows you to use a hex key to install them with. just curious.

thanks
    alex
    Conditioner: Pantene Pro-V Brunette Expressions with Color Enhancer
    Cleaner: Fabuloso Spring Fresh with Bleach Alternative
    Cloth: ShamWow!
    Machine: Johnny 5
    Surface: Melamine-impregnated, phenolic-treated, high pressure pressed craft paper

Re: cam follower bearings?

I use one of my spring hook tools to pick those TINY plugs out then i can install the geneva rollers with no problem.I think that TINY piece is a dust plug of sorts and or a spot to where you can put a zerk grease fitting.
    I have a set of hook tools that have 5 various small/thin bent ends,got them from Ace hardware.,let me tell ya...those tools have saved me from pulling a detector when a spring breaks,a little working and i get some detector springs in too!!They come in handy for other stuff too.
    After you get that TINY part out,use a thin head screwdriver to hold it in and tighten it down.
    Use what you have to,to get it through the shift then fix it right.Do it right and live through the night...Safety first!

Comment

I"ve had luck with the spider bearing by using a pair of channel locks,,(gooseneck Pliers)clamping onto it at an angle agianst the tureet ring alot of times you can lock it from turning and get the nut off.Other fast way is get a very sharp chizel and heavy hammer and litterally shear it off above the nut chances are the threads are stripped off anyways from being loose.And yes loose spider stud bearings will cause blackouts and deckjams.

Comment

Grind a notch dead center in a large flat blade screw driver. Your dust cap stays in place and you can still get grippage.

Comment

Topic Starter RibbonScript

Collapse

Adsense Classic 2

Collapse
        widgetinstance 666 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.

Rake sweeping out of time, and pin launching onto lane.

I work on some nice old Brunswick A-2 pin setters. Most issues I've come across haven't been to problematic to figure out. But being I can't seem to get it to recreate the issue...

Strange sweep problem

I’m a rookie mechanic and have been working on pinsetters for 2 years. One of my lanes has a problem with a sweep possibly coasting. I don’t know what could be causing it...

GSX Distributor shaft bearings

Two part topic:
        1. Plastic bearing (#66) used in place of regular sealed bearing (#51) -- thoughts?

2. ANY of these bearings with the black support mount...

The Legacy of the A2

I was recently disheartened to learn that a bowling center that I once serviced was actively looking to replace their A2's. I understand that most military bases and educational...

Table turning on short stroke.

Hello dear Bowltech members.
        First let me say thank you for your time. am plagued by a big issue for three weeks now.
        our technician is working full time on another...

Another pivot bearing broke.

One and a half year old GSX machines. This will be the 5th pivot bearing that has broke. This one decided to take out a few things with it. Snapped the stroke limiter shock stud...
        Working...
        X