Adsense Classic 1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Detector Timing

How can I go about correcting the timing on a detector that was pulled and now the timing is all screwed up......I pulled it and didn't make sure of "where it was"......bet I only make that mistake once [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif[/img]

Re: Detector Timing

There are 2 ways. One is at 0 degrees using the timing pin, and the other way is at 90 degrees. I think the better one is at 90 degrees. Make sure your 40 inch rod is dead center of the 4 to 1 at 0 degrees. Cycle the pinsetter to 90 strike, no pins on the lane, and lock the machine down so the deck stays there. Then look at the strike cam follower through the "hole" in the right side of the detector. ( 10 pin side). That roller should be sitting perfectly in the low of the cam. Not above the low, or past it. If its off, take off the detector and simply move the gear whichever way it needs to go. Remember, the pinsetter must be at 90 degrees strike, no pins on the lane because the deck will be at a different level than with 1 st ball standing pins.

Good luck.

Comment

Re: Detector Timing

I agree with Sal on the 90 degree strike method. The roller nests in the low of the strike cam. You can't miss!
      Mark
      (919) 757-1789

Comment

Topic Starter RibbonScript

Collapse

Adsense Classic 2

Collapse
      widgetinstance 666 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.

Rake sweeping out of time, and pin launching onto lane.

I work on some nice old Brunswick A-2 pin setters. Most issues I've come across haven't been to problematic to figure out. But being I can't seem to get it to recreate the issue...

Strange sweep problem

I’m a rookie mechanic and have been working on pinsetters for 2 years. One of my lanes has a problem with a sweep possibly coasting. I don’t know what could be causing it...

GSX Distributor shaft bearings

Two part topic:
      1. Plastic bearing (#66) used in place of regular sealed bearing (#51) -- thoughts?

2. ANY of these bearings with the black support mount...

The Legacy of the A2

I was recently disheartened to learn that a bowling center that I once serviced was actively looking to replace their A2's. I understand that most military bases and educational...

Table turning on short stroke.

Hello dear Bowltech members.
      First let me say thank you for your time. am plagued by a big issue for three weeks now.
      our technician is working full time on another...

Another pivot bearing broke.

One and a half year old GSX machines. This will be the 5th pivot bearing that has broke. This one decided to take out a few things with it. Snapped the stroke limiter shock stud...
      Working...
      X