Adsense Classic 1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ball Buster Bearings

Has anyone come up with a replacement for the expensive and not well-greased bearings that are used on the ball booster shaft??

Since these puppies have metal shields in them, you can't pop the seal to put in the right amount of grease, and I have one that's going out that I just rebuilt a year ago.

I hate working on them anyway, but this is just an added annoyance when an expensive beraing isn't even supplied with the proper amount of grease for it to live:

Kevin

Re: Ball Buster Bearings

I use a stamped steel mount bearing that costs about $11.50 but I don't know what make of booster
    you have. McMaster-Carr or Grainger should have
    a diagram to determine the right dimensions and bearing #. I've been running about 5 years on these cheapies and so far so good.

Comment

Hey Kevin,
      I've come across those type also. If your good with a drill you can use a very sharp bit and punch a small hole in the side metal case of the bearing. Just big enough to get your vita-needle of your grease gun in it, should give you a little more life anyway and shut it up if its making noise. Be careful though cause you'll either fix it or ruin it, so I'd have another on hand just in case.

Jerrid
      and then he said, "on your death bed, you will receive total consciousness" so I got that going for me...... which is nice!

Comment

I also suggest using a good moly lube grease. This will prevent the bearing from drying out and will last longer. I pull my boosters about ever 5 years and find very few bearings to replace even in the motor. The moly grease is the best way to go on all bearings. But I do agree, these boosters are a pain!!

Comment

Sherlock:

Mine are the original brunswick models ... If you have them, a part # from grainger would save me some time ... Thanx:

Kevin

Comment

kevin,I've got 6 of those bearings,3 frames,shafts and motor pulleys and large pulley that goes for tire(all are used but in excellent condition)make me an offer for everything
            Bob

Comment

Kevin my ball boosters are labeled Speedy-Ball
              and use a surface mount pillow block 3.125" on mounting bolts with a .750" shaft. If yours are B part no. 11-413001 they are nothing like mine. I would try a bearing dist. locally. I have found on some bearings I can save a lot and on others B
              is the cheapest place in town.

Comment

Topic Starter RibbonScript

Collapse

Adsense Classic 2

Collapse
              widgetinstance 666 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.

Rake sweeping out of time, and pin launching onto lane.

I work on some nice old Brunswick A-2 pin setters. Most issues I've come across haven't been to problematic to figure out. But being I can't seem to get it to recreate the issue...

Strange sweep problem

I’m a rookie mechanic and have been working on pinsetters for 2 years. One of my lanes has a problem with a sweep possibly coasting. I don’t know what could be causing it...

GSX Distributor shaft bearings

Two part topic:
              1. Plastic bearing (#66) used in place of regular sealed bearing (#51) -- thoughts?

2. ANY of these bearings with the black support mount...

The Legacy of the A2

I was recently disheartened to learn that a bowling center that I once serviced was actively looking to replace their A2's. I understand that most military bases and educational...

Table turning on short stroke.

Hello dear Bowltech members.
              First let me say thank you for your time. am plagued by a big issue for three weeks now.
              our technician is working full time on another...

Another pivot bearing broke.

One and a half year old GSX machines. This will be the 5th pivot bearing that has broke. This one decided to take out a few things with it. Snapped the stroke limiter shock stud...
              Working...
              X