Adsense Classic 1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1-2 ball light out

i have a setter that the first ball light went out. the second ball light works just not the 1st light. ive checked voltage at the scocket some times has 22 v other times has nothing. 2nd light socket has 24 v any time machine is in 2nd ball. any ideas? looking at my elect box it seems like the wires are going to wrong place on low vol terminal strip compared to the 208 wiring diagram.but im not for sure.

Re: 1-2 ball light out

check your 1st-2nd ball light switch by the detector. The micro switch may be flakey. If 2nd ball light works then this is the first place to look. Also check wires from light socket to pinsetter, maybe an open wire. Follow wire diagram in grey service manual. Good Luck.

Comment

What kind of masking units do you have...does the masking unit call for the 1st ball light to be on all the time, or does it have a number facing for 1st and one for 2nd. If the light is to be on all the time the ball light wire (# 43) should be on TS2 # 4 or a jumper will run from 4 to TS2 #7.

If the ball lights alternate from 1st to 2nd ball check your voltage at TS2 #7 and TS2 #9 you should have 24 volts +/- 2volts. If not do as mentioned above and check you wires at the switch.

The normmally open terminal is the 1st ball light wire that goes to TS2 # 7.

Peanut
      Peanut

Comment

I'm hunting down one of these little gremlins right now myself.

If your 1 goes off when 2 goes on, check from terminal 1 to terminal 7, with bulb in socket, should be 0 volts first ball, 24 second. From 1 to 8 should be 24 first, 0 second.

If you suspect someone messed with stuff, (going from memory) C in the mask socket is common, D is first ball, E is second. If I messed this up, I'll re-post when I get to work tomorrow, where my prints are:

Kevin

Comment

hey i think i found it. i removed the cover from a good lane and traced all five wires. then i went back to the problem lane and when i went to test wires i found that the plug in the top of the box was loose. i had no continuity at terminal D. im in the process of replacing plug hopefuly thats it.

Comment

It's either that or you have a break in the wire that runs from D to the first ball socket.

If the new plug doesn't fix it, Identify color of wires going from C and D. Skin a small piece of the jacket halfway between machine and mask, then remove a small piece of insulation from those two wires. With machine off, check continuity between the two wires (be sure you check bulb continuity first). Then turn machine on and check AC voltage between the two wires.

If continuity and no voltage, break is in wire between test point and machine. If voltage and no continuity, break is between test point and mask. Then take the halfway point between the first test point and the problem, and perform same test. In three tries, you'll be down to a 2 foot piece of wire that you can cut out and be done with it ... divide and conquer:

Kevin

Comment

Topic Starter RibbonScript

Collapse

Adsense Classic 2

Collapse
            widgetinstance 666 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.

Rake sweeping out of time, and pin launching onto lane.

I work on some nice old Brunswick A-2 pin setters. Most issues I've come across haven't been to problematic to figure out. But being I can't seem to get it to recreate the issue...

Strange sweep problem

I’m a rookie mechanic and have been working on pinsetters for 2 years. One of my lanes has a problem with a sweep possibly coasting. I don’t know what could be causing it...

GSX Distributor shaft bearings

Two part topic:
            1. Plastic bearing (#66) used in place of regular sealed bearing (#51) -- thoughts?

2. ANY of these bearings with the black support mount...

The Legacy of the A2

I was recently disheartened to learn that a bowling center that I once serviced was actively looking to replace their A2's. I understand that most military bases and educational...

Table turning on short stroke.

Hello dear Bowltech members.
            First let me say thank you for your time. am plagued by a big issue for three weeks now.
            our technician is working full time on another...

Another pivot bearing broke.

One and a half year old GSX machines. This will be the 5th pivot bearing that has broke. This one decided to take out a few things with it. Snapped the stroke limiter shock stud...
            Working...
            X