Adsense Classic 1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Turret interlock troubles

Having troubles with the full deck-moving deck interlock. The lever on the interlock cross shaft keeps jumping behind the hub. As starters it caused the turret frame to snap on the 7 pin side, got that fixed, next we put in a new interlock cross shaft, new lever, did the adjustments, still same thing lever jumps behind the hub. [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/mad.gif[/img] We have also done the moving deck-scissor latch adjustment, did not help. Has anyone run across this before? We can not seem to see why the lever goes behind the hub. Machine is running now with 19 pins but we have just enough tension on the lever to let the turret probe clear. Any help on this would be more then helpful.
    Thanks,
    J.D. [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/usflag.jpg[/img]

Re: Turret interlock troubles

J.D. , When you say " hub " I would assume that you are talking about the moving deck control cam follower . I would first check to make sure the turrett is level. Next , I would be checking the entire moving deck control cam follower , bearings , and the cam follower shaft that bolts into the gearbox. Have a second person shut off power to the machine before the deck returns to 0 degrees after setting pins. Stand in a spot where you can see the lever as it rides against the bearing on the moving deck control cam follower bearing. Have the other person turn the gearbox by hand and observe what happens when the deck reaches 0 degrees. Good luck , MARK
    There is light at the end of the tunnel - just be sure it is not a train.

Comment

HP:
      Sounds very much like the stop pin on the full deck blocking finger is broken off, not an unusual event.
      Roscoe.
      rfm

Comment

HP;
        Did'nt mean the stop pin the rubber goes on, my reference was to the stop pin welded to the finger that the spring block rests against.
        Roscoe
        rfm

Comment

Ok here is what I have checked so far. Entire moving deck control cam follower seems fine, bearing, shaft etc. Checked the the stop pin on the full deck blocking finger, it is still there, all springs attached. I will check for the turret being level in the morning to see where it is. Any other ideas just let me know and I will check those out to.

Thanks for the replies so far,

Comment

Your mounting plate on your 1to1 Is'nt bent causing your camfollower to sit crooked Is It?

Also your hub Is not adjusted In to far on the follower Is It? If you see a groove In the hub spin It to get a fresh surface for the lever to hit.
            Mike
            DO A NEAT CLEAN JOB, AND FIX IT RIGHT THE FIRST TIME. THE ONLY WAY TO WORK.

Comment

I have had this problem too.
              Once it turned out to be too much tension on the spring on the blocking finger, the other time I replaced just about everything and spent all day working on it. Finally I resorted to welding an extra piece of steel on it to make it longer. This took care of it but I know it's not right.
              John B
              ------------
              just fix it

Comment

Mounting plate on 1 to 1 does not appear to be bent as far as I can tell, but the cam follower pulley does appear to be sitting crooked. What would be the chance that the shaft that runs through and mounts to gear box could be bent. I may pull it apart just to see.
                Thanks,

Comment

Chances are the shaft is worn where it goes though the plate. It's caused from the plate being lose on the milk stool(1 to 1 cover) or the bolt that goes through the gear box snout that holds the shaft on the other end being loose or broken. Sometime's you can cheat this by turning the shaft 180 degrees till you can get a new shaft.
                  BEER: It's not just for breakfast anymore.

Comment

Took the shaft out, not bent nor is the bolt that goes into gearbox, (I use the stud type, much easier to replace) all I can think of is the mounting plate must be bent a shade, it does not look bent but without it being off you really can't tell. Shaft not wore, hole in plate just a bit wore but not much play, it is all tight when put back together. Machine is running so I will probably wait a few more weeks till league are over so I can tear it all down to see, will need to order a new plate anyway. What all is involved in changing out the plate? Easiest way to do it. Any other thoughts let me know.
                    Thank again for the post so far,

Comment

Is the milk stool busted(one of the support legs for the plate). I got to the point that I just pull the 1 to 1 and put in a rebuilt one. By the the time you pull all the hubs and cams to change the plate you find 5 other little problems in there.
                      BEER: It's not just for breakfast anymore.

Comment

Just s silly thought, make sure that you do the adjustment for the RH blocking finger with an empty deck, at 0 degrees. I had this problem once a long time ago and found out that one of my mechanics was making the adjustment with a full deck of pins. Also, if there is a groove where the flag rides on the hub (pin) of the md cam follower, loosen the bolt and turn it around so the groove is on the back side. That is all I can think of cause like I said, I have not had this problem in several years.

Comment

I forgot one other thing. When making the adjustment make sure not to apply too much spring pressure. I put a pair of vice grips on the interlock shaft, loosen the flag, slip my hand on top of the 8 pin bucket under the vice grips which raised the blocking finger up. Then when the blocking finger stops raising, I lift my hand slightly to apply a small amount of spring tension, move the flag against the hub and tighten the flag bolt.

Comment

Another bit of useful info...
                            Quality has a collar that fits over the md cam follower shaft. It is part number 12-1105. You put it on the shaft on the outside right up against the mounting plate and tightened it down. Then if you have a bolt/stud break on the shaft, it will help prevent the mounting plate from getting bent up by the shaft. This is one of the first things I installed in a center I worked at. Save a lot of grief from bent up plate. [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/wink.gif[/img]

Comment

I had a similar problem. It turned out that the bolts holding the 1 to 1 on had backed out. That let that whole assembly move toward the 7 pin enough that the flag was missing the shaft.

Comment

Topic Starter RibbonScript

Collapse

Adsense Classic 2

Collapse
                              widgetinstance 666 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.

Rake sweeping out of time, and pin launching onto lane.

I work on some nice old Brunswick A-2 pin setters. Most issues I've come across haven't been to problematic to figure out. But being I can't seem to get it to recreate the issue...

Strange sweep problem

I’m a rookie mechanic and have been working on pinsetters for 2 years. One of my lanes has a problem with a sweep possibly coasting. I don’t know what could be causing it...

GSX Distributor shaft bearings

Two part topic:
                              1. Plastic bearing (#66) used in place of regular sealed bearing (#51) -- thoughts?

2. ANY of these bearings with the black support mount...

The Legacy of the A2

I was recently disheartened to learn that a bowling center that I once serviced was actively looking to replace their A2's. I understand that most military bases and educational...

Table turning on short stroke.

Hello dear Bowltech members.
                              First let me say thank you for your time. am plagued by a big issue for three weeks now.
                              our technician is working full time on another...

Another pivot bearing broke.

One and a half year old GSX machines. This will be the 5th pivot bearing that has broke. This one decided to take out a few things with it. Snapped the stroke limiter shock stud...
                              Working...
                              X