Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Breaking long turrett belts

So far I have changed and inspected all pulleys
    adjusted spring tension.And of course as long as I am sitting on it everything goes fine. But it still keeps breaking them about every week.Help!!!

Re: Breaking long turrett belts

Vendo

Are they breaking in two (clean break) or are they delaminating? If its a clean break I would say your tension is too tight. If they are new belts and they de-lam and then break your tension is too tight and you have a bad batch of belts. If there is a nick in a pulley you can usually see belt dust laying around that pulley. At the speed the long belt turns I would say that unless its a really bad nick in a pulley it would not necessarily break in one week. Ive found the best way to get the proper tension on the belt is to use the old style springs instead of the adjustable ones. But if you dont have the old style springs adjust the belt until the turret can carry the full load of pins and not stop indexing after the 4, 7, or 8 pin baskets. If you cant adjust it to achieve this then try changing the short belt as it may be stretched. After you get the adjustment tell the pinchasers not to mess with it. Hope this helps!

William

Comment

I don't know what has happened over the years, but it seems to me, long turret belts have gotten shorter. This forces you to tighten the spring more than you should have to, because the "belt tensioner" does not go over center. I solved this problem by drilling a hole in the bracket (sorry I don't have a part # ) That holds the 2 directional pulleys for the belt. This bracket is located directly blow the drive pulley for the long turret belt. I now hook my spring there. It puts a more direct - straight pull on the tensioner, and allows you to run with much less tension.
      I got it ! I got it ! Oh damn

Comment

Hello Vendo,
        I have seen where turrets run tight do that, Just grab your turret assembly while pinsetter Is Idling and no pins are cycling through. See If It feels tight while holding It you will have to turn It clockwise a little from top of pinsetter. If It feels tight you might have to check your short drive belt, or pulley, Or disassemble your turret clutch assembly, maybe you need a new upper pulley and a disc with carbon plugs. that usualy ends up being a clean snap In the belt. keep In mind I have only seen that happen twice In all the years of doing this.
        Hope this helps, Mike
        DO A NEAT CLEAN JOB, AND FIX IT RIGHT THE FIRST TIME. THE ONLY WAY TO WORK.

Comment

I got this tip from KLKevin...

Run an eye bolt through the hole where the long turret belt tension spring attaches to the elevator frame with a nut and washer on both sides of the hole. Now you can adjust the belt tension as loose as you want. Just not so loose as to where you get indexing problems. This also helps keep the short belts from squealing as bad.

If you run it loose, though, check for indexing problems at the 4, 7, 8, 5 and 9. Sometimes you don't get enough grip at the 5 for the timing gear to press down the indexing latch.
          <span style="font-style: italic">Sometimes it is best to use good advice from many individuals to achieve the ultimate result.</span>

Comment

Thanks Guys I adjusted the tension and so far so good. It didn't seem to be too tight but I backed off on it a little maybe this will take care of it.

Comment

Topic Starter RibbonScript

Collapse

Adsense Classic 2

Collapse
            widgetinstance 666 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.

Rake sweeping out of time, and pin launching onto lane.

I work on some nice old Brunswick A-2 pin setters. Most issues I've come across haven't been to problematic to figure out. But being I can't seem to get it to recreate the issue...

Strange sweep problem

I’m a rookie mechanic and have been working on pinsetters for 2 years. One of my lanes has a problem with a sweep possibly coasting. I don’t know what could be causing it...

GSX Distributor shaft bearings

Two part topic:
            1. Plastic bearing (#66) used in place of regular sealed bearing (#51) -- thoughts?

2. ANY of these bearings with the black support mount...

The Legacy of the A2

I was recently disheartened to learn that a bowling center that I once serviced was actively looking to replace their A2's. I understand that most military bases and educational...

Table turning on short stroke.

Hello dear Bowltech members.
            First let me say thank you for your time. am plagued by a big issue for three weeks now.
            our technician is working full time on another...

Another pivot bearing broke.

One and a half year old GSX machines. This will be the 5th pivot bearing that has broke. This one decided to take out a few things with it. Snapped the stroke limiter shock stud...
            Working...
            X