Adsense Classic 1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• fail to trigger

This is giving me a headache. Jap A-2 no cycle. Have power to TDM, all wires and connections are tight. Switched out 100v contactor (PN-J-100), Time delay module, and cycle solenoid ass'y with machine next door (that works) with no sucess. If you drop the rake, use mechanic's or bowlers reset, the TDM will energize but there is no pull of the solenoid. Went as far as checking wires from A & D on TS1 for continuity All OK. Any help will be greatly appreciated
    Mark
    (919) 757-1789

Re: fail to trigger

Did you check to see if there are any breaks in the wires leading from the TDM to the receptacle for the Cycle Solenoid? Or, from the plug from said receptacle to the cycle solenoid? I would check that using a meter for continuity all the way from the TDM to the cycle solenoid itself and isolate from there, with power off of course.
    "Where are we going, and why are we in a hand basket?"

--Kat

Comment

The Take Data Relay kit will cause the same problem you described. Replaced one for the same thing about a week ago, after confirming that the cycle solenoid and time delay module was good. A bad trigger switch or worn\ bent trigger switch actuator contacting\binding the back of the electrical box is other item to check.

Comment

Japanese machines seem to have this neccesity to drive mechanics up the wall with electrical channel problems. The receptacles in the channel have wires that are soldered into the pins that make the connections. Over time, those wires tend to overheat and create more resistance at the connection. This added resistance causes more heat which in turn causes more resistance. Well...you get the idea...it just gets worse and worse. Finally, the wire breaks and you have no connection. This problem usually shows up at the motor receptacle, but I have seen it at the solenoid receptacle also...just not as often. (Actually...only twice)

Good luck...
        TSM & TSM Training Development
        Main Event Entertainment
        480-620-6758 for help or information

Comment

Hey Rachet,

Make sure someone didn't run a bolt through the solenoid and into the winding. Pull the connector from the wire channel and see If you have a ground path on more than one wire(there is a ground wire on the solenoid cable). If thats OK then ckeck voltage at TDM terminals 19 and 20, should have 208-240 when the machine is on. If you have high voltage at TDM 19-20 terminals then short these two terminals(19-20) together, it should trigger, If it does then the relay in the TDM is bad.

The jap A-2's TDM have a double pole relay in them and you can wire up the other set of contacts in the TDM to use, or just swap it with a known good one.
          BEER: It's not just for breakfast anymore.

Comment

looked over machine tonight. Checked voltages at respective points and ruled out internal components. Found out that I was not the only one to troubleshoot machine. So far I have determined that its one of the dual capacitors on the motor. (here's the theorie) 1- Sluggish start at Zero. 2-Rake drop and trigger fine 3-standing pins to be lifted and rake sweep--motor stops.
            4- Followed the diagram on another motor for High voltage and feel that it's wired correctly. Once again, any help is greatly appreciated.

Mark
            Mark
            (919) 757-1789

Comment

Your original post stated that the solenoid does NOT pull in. Now, your most recent post states that the triggering of the solenoid is fine...but now your motor kicks out at ?180? according to your description...3-standing pins to be lifted and rake sweep--motor stops....does the motor stop at 180? You stated a sluggish start at zero? Can you turn the worm shaft by hand at zero? Does it turn as easy as the machine next to it?

You said you swapped parts with the machine next to it. They worked fine there. Have you changed the motor to the lane next to it. You changed the other parts...why not change the motor also? It would rule out the motor if it works on another machine. Or it may help you actually determine if the motor is bad.
              TSM & TSM Training Development
              Main Event Entertainment
              480-620-6758 for help or information

Comment

You stated that when it starts to sweep the motor stops. Does it completely shut off?, or does it want to go but simply can't. If it wants to go, but simply can't pull the rake back, puy oil in the gear box....don't laugh, Iv'e seen it happen b-4
                I got it ! I got it ! Oh damn

Comment

Sounds like the motor is running on 120 volt instead of 208-240 or what ever you have in your house. Check the motor connector and make sure someone didn't replace the motor connector and wire it up wrong. In the motor end of the connector the pin cloesest to the Index is ground. Drop the connector out of the wire channel and see if it's burnt on one leg. This is typical of jap machines, they burn connectors like babies eat candy.
                  BEER: It's not just for breakfast anymore.

Comment

Topic Starter RibbonScript

Collapse

Adsense Classic 2

Collapse
                  widgetinstance 666 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.

Rake sweeping out of time, and pin launching onto lane.

I work on some nice old Brunswick A-2 pin setters. Most issues I've come across haven't been to problematic to figure out. But being I can't seem to get it to recreate the issue...

Strange sweep problem

I’m a rookie mechanic and have been working on pinsetters for 2 years. One of my lanes has a problem with a sweep possibly coasting. I don’t know what could be causing it...

GSX Distributor shaft bearings

Two part topic:
                  1. Plastic bearing (#66) used in place of regular sealed bearing (#51) -- thoughts?

2. ANY of these bearings with the black support mount...

The Legacy of the A2

I was recently disheartened to learn that a bowling center that I once serviced was actively looking to replace their A2's. I understand that most military bases and educational...

Table turning on short stroke.

Hello dear Bowltech members.
                  First let me say thank you for your time. am plagued by a big issue for three weeks now.
                  our technician is working full time on another...

Another pivot bearing broke.

One and a half year old GSX machines. This will be the 5th pivot bearing that has broke. This one decided to take out a few things with it. Snapped the stroke limiter shock stud...
                  Working...
                  X