Adsense Classic 1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Turret Quirk

Lane 11,normally once a night i find a pin on the moving deck around the 6/9 chute area.Indexes smoothly.Replaced a worn out drop link bumper but quirk is still there.,watch pins drop into chutes and the all drop in great,blocking fingers level,probe might be up just a tad but doesn't appear to be a problem.NO double 5 pins but if i'm up front i see the 6 pin missing,cycle machine and POOF,6 pin now there,but go in back and the lil bugger is around the 6/9 area.,kinda like around the 5/8/9 in the space,between chutes.Replaced the index roller too.Index trip spring is good,all springs good, even changed the drop link spring.Bolts for turret all there even the underside,spoon bolts all good/tight,wires clean and good,snubber good.WHAT am i missing?
    Now this lane has had the deck lift shaft repaired
    a few months ago but quirk started about a week ago.Ideas?Latch good,short link old but runs fine.
    Stop lever good,did change a cracked helmet,short link not rubbing anywhere,pin release lever assy in gooood shape.,all lubed up.Newer long belt and i think short belt,have to look at my log for that lane.Full deck signal just dandy.Long post,wanted to give as much info as possible.Tension for long belt good,turret doesn't seem to slam after the 5 drops.I'm lost. [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/confused.gif[/img]
    Use what you have to,to get it through the shift then fix it right.Do it right and live through the night...Safety first!

Re: Turret Quirk

Here's a little test for you to see what happens. Set the lane up with an OOR and the moving deck empty, let the turret fill with all ten pins, shut the lane off and reach down and lift the blocking fingers for the five pin chute.

See where the pins go when they drop to the moving deck. "B" says that all pins should hit their buckets (right). Your interlock for the deckup signal is a little over adjusted, OR,

Your deck shaft is failing again and bending upwards!.........

Wouldn't happen to be a Jap machine would it?
    BEER: It's not just for breakfast anymore.

Comment

could be a miss adj bucket jb

Comment

Yup,Jap A-2.Deck lift shaft cracked at the welds for the lift brace and that part became twisted,the scotch yolk plate(where deck height adj.bolt is) rubs a bit on the left side of the lift shaft where the roller gearings go.Was that way when i installed it,local shop forgot to try to straighten it out.Had to use shaft since i had no spare.
        I was thinking bucket(s)BUT,pins drop straight into them.Will try ideas though!
        OH,pin when it goes into quirt mode is in the area of the 6/9,like behind 5 chute a bit just laying there.
        Use what you have to,to get it through the shift then fix it right.Do it right and live through the night...Safety first!

Comment

The Jap deck shafts are a real bad sore subject. The steel they used wasn't low grade, just metric and it ended up that they opted for a thinner metal to save $$$$.

Tell the manager/owner that you need to have a spare and spend the bucks.

This is what I've had to resort to repair them.

1. Clean the dirt off and inspect them around the lever assemblies for cracks.

2. If you can't pull the shaft then and if you have a welder, drill a small hole at the end of the crack and hit it with the welder(just the drill hole) to stop any more cracking till you can pull the shaft.

3. Make an outline of the levers on paper and use as a pattern, make or have a shop make steel reinforcement plates that you can weld onto the factory lever. they have to fit tight from the pin roller bearings to the body of the main shaft.

4. Grind the factory weld on the out sides of the levers square so that the reinforcment plate seat flat up against the outside surface of the levers.

5. The shaft has to be straight or it will kill the main bearing holes on either end if it's bent. To straighten the shaft you neen a oxy/acet torch(with a rose bud tip) to heat entire area where it's bent and a press that you jig it into to get it straight. If you don't have the equipment find a machine shop that will work with you on this. Communication is the point here.

6. Once the shaft is straight, weld a 1/4 X 2" X 2' piece of flat steel on the bottom side of the deck shaft, spaced evenly on either side of the levers. This piece of steel is welded on standing on edge with 2 notches to go around the factory levers.

7. Find some large size steel pipe that has the same ID as the OD of the deck shaft. Have this pipe cut in lenghts as wide as the space between the levers. Split these lenghts in half so that you end up with two clam shells that you can wrap around the shaft on either side of the levers and in between the levers.

8. Make sure everything is straight and square and weld it all together. You now have a bullet proof deck shaft. Polish and paint.

The thing is you have to get to them before they self destruct.

I gave up buying new "Factory" shafts and prefer to buy good used one's that are off the green machines (tough as H3LL). If you use these and have only one spring tube attached, CUT THE ARM OFF THE TEN PIN SIDE BEFORE INSTALLING. Yes, I had my foot crushed on a A-2 that had a green shaft because it didn't have the guard where you stand in the machine.

Make sure the scotch yoke is properly adjusted so that the deck doesn't bounce when the machine starts from 0 degree's. This is what starts the whole cracking problem.

Tell the boss you just saved him $600.00 and down lane time.

Rake shafts are next,..............

Comment

Run that test, dropping pins from the turret to the deck with the deck at 90 degree standing pins, when you release the pins from the turret If the wires and spoons are adjusted correctly you will be able to land all the pins In there buckets, do It several times. do not forget to unplug pinsetter.
            Mike
            DO A NEAT CLEAN JOB, AND FIX IT RIGHT THE FIRST TIME. THE ONLY WAY TO WORK.

Comment

I would not suggest trying any tests on top of an out-of-range pin. Do as Mike stated...put the deck on top of standing pins to perform this test. It is safer...
              TSM & TSM Training Development
              Main Event Entertainment
              480-620-6758 for help or information

Comment

If you were to look in the green adjustment manual "B" states "at Out Of Range Level" all pins should hit there buckets....Now you can lower the deck to this level with no pin under it or set an OOR pin up, anyways you should be on top of the machine doing this test not on the pin deck!!!!!!!!!!!

GearHead, also make sure that the buckets are in the right position and not turned the wrong way or the wrong bucket on the wrong position. The parts manual has a good drawing of the buckets in their correct position.

Comment

An easy way of knowing if your deck chutes are installed properly is that the high point of the deck chute should be as far away as possible from the #5 deck chute.
                  TSM & TSM Training Development
                  Main Event Entertainment
                  480-620-6758 for help or information

Comment

Just to let ya's know,i adjusted the drop link downwards just a little bit,maybe 1/8 inch but no more pin laying on the deck.It's been trouble free for a while now.Thanks for all the info.
                    Oh-pins fall into buckets as per suggestions,thanks!!

Comment

Topic Starter RibbonScript

Collapse

Adsense Classic 2

Collapse
                    widgetinstance 666 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.

Rake sweeping out of time, and pin launching onto lane.

I work on some nice old Brunswick A-2 pin setters. Most issues I've come across haven't been to problematic to figure out. But being I can't seem to get it to recreate the issue...

Strange sweep problem

I’m a rookie mechanic and have been working on pinsetters for 2 years. One of my lanes has a problem with a sweep possibly coasting. I don’t know what could be causing it...

GSX Distributor shaft bearings

Two part topic:
                    1. Plastic bearing (#66) used in place of regular sealed bearing (#51) -- thoughts?

2. ANY of these bearings with the black support mount...

The Legacy of the A2

I was recently disheartened to learn that a bowling center that I once serviced was actively looking to replace their A2's. I understand that most military bases and educational...

Table turning on short stroke.

Hello dear Bowltech members.
                    First let me say thank you for your time. am plagued by a big issue for three weeks now.
                    our technician is working full time on another...

Another pivot bearing broke.

One and a half year old GSX machines. This will be the 5th pivot bearing that has broke. This one decided to take out a few things with it. Snapped the stroke limiter shock stud...
                    Working...
                    X