Adsense Classic 1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Deck plate bolts broken

We have several machines that have the front bolt broken off on the deck plate. They used the hard deck rollers and the constant banging of the pins as they drop in the deck chutes has broken the bolts off. My question is, how do you get the old bolt out or take out the piece that the bolt threads into since it is pressed into the stationary deck?

Re: Deck plate bolts broken

If just the head of the bolt broke off you can try a left twist drill bit to spin it out. If it broke up inside the post you need to remove the post. The best way I found is to put a pair of vise grips on it and whack it with a hammer, The post is just pressed into the casting about 1/2"
    BEER: It's not just for breakfast anymore.

Comment

Re: Deck plate bolts broken

If it is the very front bolt then it goes all the way through to the stationary deck and is 3 1/2" I believe. I think there is 18 total that hold the plate on and if you can loosen the first 4 or 5 enough to drop the front of the plate down then you can remove the spacer that slides over the bolt and just twist it out. The spacer has a spline on it so don't try turning it just move it back and forth until it comes out, to do this you will need the distance of the spacer plus the bolt to get it off. If you can't get the room then just cut the bolt off as far up the spacer as you can, it will turn out by hand once you get the spacer off. We are going through and rebuilding all the decks now and if I knew how to post pics on this site I would show you what they should look like.

Drill
      Drill

David Bolt
      Champaign, IL
      USBC Silver Coach
      IBPSIA BOD
      IBPSIA Advanced
      Technical Certified
      Pro Shops

Comment

Topic Starter RibbonScript

Collapse

Adsense Classic 2

Collapse
      widgetinstance 666 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.

Rake sweeping out of time, and pin launching onto lane.

I work on some nice old Brunswick A-2 pin setters. Most issues I've come across haven't been to problematic to figure out. But being I can't seem to get it to recreate the issue...

Strange sweep problem

I’m a rookie mechanic and have been working on pinsetters for 2 years. One of my lanes has a problem with a sweep possibly coasting. I don’t know what could be causing it...

GSX Distributor shaft bearings

Two part topic:
      1. Plastic bearing (#66) used in place of regular sealed bearing (#51) -- thoughts?

2. ANY of these bearings with the black support mount...

The Legacy of the A2

I was recently disheartened to learn that a bowling center that I once serviced was actively looking to replace their A2's. I understand that most military bases and educational...

Table turning on short stroke.

Hello dear Bowltech members.
      First let me say thank you for your time. am plagued by a big issue for three weeks now.
      our technician is working full time on another...

Another pivot bearing broke.

One and a half year old GSX machines. This will be the 5th pivot bearing that has broke. This one decided to take out a few things with it. Snapped the stroke limiter shock stud...
      Working...
      X