Adsense Classic 1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Quality pin wheels

I have a quality pin wheel with those pockets you can replace(i didn't order it,it was here from old guy),i get turn pan jams,pin head first due to bad pockets,the pins fall out of pockets alot too,all is aligned,speed is fine.
    Have you run into this problem with worn out pockets,i have at least 3 bad pockets.I'd like to change the p/w with and old one from a model a but it looks like a hassle so i'll get some pockets.Are those pockets softer so they don't last or ?
    Pinwheel doesn't look old at all,probably 2 years old.
    Use what you have to,to get it through the shift then fix it right.Do it right and live through the night...Safety first!

Re: Quality pin wheels

Got one. We installed it in 95 or 96. Still looks brand new.

Comment

If anyone needs pinpockets we have them. Suggest you try one or a few to make sure they work in your situation. Jim

Comment

These pinwheels aren't worth crap on old pins. We had a ton of jams on the 5 lanes worth we have until we got new pins. Since then we've had no problems at all.

The old pins will wedge themselves in the pockets due to the wood compressing inside them.
        <span style="font-style: italic">Sometimes it is best to use good advice from many individuals to achieve the ultimate result.</span>

Comment

I had a quality pin wheel which i installed the murrey pockets and have had no problems the pockets might be a little smaller but carry the pins up fine.

Bob
          http://i39.photobucket.com/albums/e1...WheelinBob.jpg

Comment

Quality makes the best pinwheel I've seen. If you have problems with some pockets...it has to be a fluke. Buy a few new pockets from Murrey and your problems will go away.
            TSM & TSM Training Development
            Main Event Entertainment
            480-620-6758 for help or information

Comment

I think that all molded plastic pockets are subject to some variation ... I bought 4 wheels from murrey this year, and we found issues with about 4 pockets. They replaced the pockets (at no charge, thanks), and now everything is looking good:

I tried the brunswick modular, the only good thing I can say is it was quiet, didn't work as well as the worn-out all steel 40+ year old A wheel it replaced.

One thing I found that helps is to switch the pin wiper spring from the bottom of the wiper where it bolts on to the top of the wiper. This gives more clearance near the turn pan (where you WANT the pin to let go) and at the same time moves the bottom of the wiper closer to the pinwheel where you want it to grab:

Kevin

Comment

I HAVE ALL THE USED SOLID STEEL PIN WHEELS YOU NEED IN GREAT SHAPE FOR $375 EACH, I SOLD JOE AT HOLIDAY BOWL IN HIXON TENN. 10 OR SO HE LOVES THEM [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/usflag.jpg[/img]
                STAN JCP SALES

Comment

Topic Starter RibbonScript

Collapse

Adsense Classic 2

Collapse
                widgetinstance 666 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.

Rake sweeping out of time, and pin launching onto lane.

I work on some nice old Brunswick A-2 pin setters. Most issues I've come across haven't been to problematic to figure out. But being I can't seem to get it to recreate the issue...

Strange sweep problem

I’m a rookie mechanic and have been working on pinsetters for 2 years. One of my lanes has a problem with a sweep possibly coasting. I don’t know what could be causing it...

GSX Distributor shaft bearings

Two part topic:
                1. Plastic bearing (#66) used in place of regular sealed bearing (#51) -- thoughts?

2. ANY of these bearings with the black support mount...

The Legacy of the A2

I was recently disheartened to learn that a bowling center that I once serviced was actively looking to replace their A2's. I understand that most military bases and educational...

Table turning on short stroke.

Hello dear Bowltech members.
                First let me say thank you for your time. am plagued by a big issue for three weeks now.
                our technician is working full time on another...

Another pivot bearing broke.

One and a half year old GSX machines. This will be the 5th pivot bearing that has broke. This one decided to take out a few things with it. Snapped the stroke limiter shock stud...
                Working...
                X