Adsense Classic 1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• spider does not release

i have a lane that the spider does not spin to release pins to the deck.it does not do this all the time just once and a while. i took the top of the turret off and found that the shaft that holds the 5-pin probe was loose. i also found a broken turret wire.i cleaned and lubbed entire turret.i checked all turret adjustments also. it ran 1 game and started doing the same thing again. does anyone have any clues as to what might cause this?

Re: spider does not release

Is this the call you are talking about?

IF so here is a past thread. If not this call try to explain exactlly which call it is.

5 fell and didn\'t release pins_stop

Peanut
    Peanut

Comment

might be a bind in the time delay gear

Comment

If it is not dropping any pins to, including the 5, you are having an interlock bind. Find the which finger it is binding with. An underlubed interlock probe can cause a lot of problems. So try lubing that first.

Let the turret fill up while the deck is in the down position so that way when the deck comes up you will clearly be able to see which finger is binding. You can then make the adjustments accordingly.

If only the 5 pin is released, then you have a bind in your turret wires, spoons, or maybe even halo ring. Also want to check the bearing, or the whole are for that matter, that rides on the spider release cam.
        Hard work and determination is the answer to all problems.

Comment

hey guys thanks for the info. i will recheck some of the things you mentioned. i should of added in my first post that the 5-pin goes down into the deck and unlocks the spider but the spider does not spin to release the other pins. to get pins to drop all i have to do is nudge one of the spoons to force the spider to rotate and the pins drop into the deck. i dont think it has anything to do with torsion latch because the trip arm does not make it to the latch the spider does not spin at all. i will recheck the inner turret wires to see if they are hiting the spoons. could a bad ball bearing in the turret cause this? i will post when i find the cause. jaysen

Comment

in front of the turret just below the spoons you will see a "pin release lever" with a needle bearing.(pg113 t136-grn bk) this bearing if bad will cause your problem. also check the trip lever (pg135 t234) to see if there is a gap between this lever and the torsion latch (pg122 87c) if not you might change the short turret belt or, loosen bolts on spider ring to adjust the lever away from torsion latch. If there is a gap just lube the probe under the time delay gear, or change the time delay gear and torsion latch.

Comment

Check to see if you have a turret wire hitting a spoon,interfearing.

Check the spider cam follower bearing at the front of turret to make sure it is not froze up.

Let the turret stop in front of the cross conveyor,ready to recieve a 5 pin and remove power before the 5 falls in....now, feel each pin to make sure it is not wedged in suck a way to bind against the halo ring. THis and the above are commom causes for the stop you are having.

Peanut
              Peanut

Comment

Recently, one of my guys put on a repair kit to replace the arms. After that, at least once a day I had that same call(Thankfully, I track all my calls or it could have slipped under the radar). Checked it out and found he mounted the kit too low on the chute. Raised the kit and all is well.
                Idiocracy

Comment

Had this problem last week on two lanes...right next to each other...go figure...found one of the problems by letting the turret fill, then locked the pin gate. I then rotated each pin in the turret to see if any of them were tight. I couldn't move the 9. The halo ring had been bent down and causing the pin to be forced against the spoon and the halo ring. The other lane was the roller on the spider release lever. The needles had froze up and wouldn't allow the spider to move freely. Replaced the roller bearing and no more problem.
                  TSM & TSM Training Development
                  Main Event Entertainment
                  480-620-6758 for help or information

Comment

Topic Starter RibbonScript

Collapse

Adsense Classic 2

Collapse
                  widgetinstance 666 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.

Rake sweeping out of time, and pin launching onto lane.

I work on some nice old Brunswick A-2 pin setters. Most issues I've come across haven't been to problematic to figure out. But being I can't seem to get it to recreate the issue...

Strange sweep problem

I’m a rookie mechanic and have been working on pinsetters for 2 years. One of my lanes has a problem with a sweep possibly coasting. I don’t know what could be causing it...

GSX Distributor shaft bearings

Two part topic:
                  1. Plastic bearing (#66) used in place of regular sealed bearing (#51) -- thoughts?

2. ANY of these bearings with the black support mount...

The Legacy of the A2

I was recently disheartened to learn that a bowling center that I once serviced was actively looking to replace their A2's. I understand that most military bases and educational...

Table turning on short stroke.

Hello dear Bowltech members.
                  First let me say thank you for your time. am plagued by a big issue for three weeks now.
                  our technician is working full time on another...

Another pivot bearing broke.

One and a half year old GSX machines. This will be the 5th pivot bearing that has broke. This one decided to take out a few things with it. Snapped the stroke limiter shock stud...
                  Working...
                  X