Adsense Classic 1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rake board contacting deck surface

Rake sweep link sweeped and rake board under deck pinchaser trying to unjam good thing i came in when i did would of been shot out to the masking unit.Put new rake link,4 to 1 rod,rake assy was tweaked changed,rake not sweeping good.thought maybe the shotgun was bad exchanged but still not sweeping the right motion the rake sweeps to ground after comming out of 180 do i need to change the shotgun again.The machine is A-2 japs the link above the sweep link i flipped it up when it is down will not sweep does not catch on the sweep link i have had this problem before but forgot how i fix it.
    http://i39.photobucket.com/albums/e1...WheelinBob.jpg

Re: Rake board contacting deck surface

Sounds like the rake cam slipped when she jammed. Readjust the cam and she should be fine. Use Masternuts method. It is awesome and really makes the rake adjustment easy.

billman
    let me be myself

Comment

i thought so i moved a little need to double check it thanks Bob

Comment

Robert, Billman is correct about the rake cam being out of adjustment. When the rake dropped behind the pindeck, the rake cam was urged "out of time " or not "in balance" . The rake should never drop behind the pindeck. The rake lowering stop ( part# 12-252362 ) should be adjusted to prevent the rake from dropping behind the pindeck if the "shotgun" becomes unlatched during the rake cycle.
        You must determine why the shot gun is coming unlatched during raking. Check the rake shock adjustment. Do not rule out the shotgun unless you have either used a new one, or completely rebuilt a used one.
        Until someone posts the link for Masternuts' rake cam "balancing " link, use the book method to set the rake cam in time: Stop the gearbox at 180 degrees, by turning off the breaker. With the gearbox clutch engaged, rotate the gearbox 2 full turns in the reverse direction. Loosen the six bolts on the rake cam, you might have to gently tap the rake cam until it moves into its low dwell. Tighten the bolts.
        I would check the rake lowering stop ( also called the safety stop) on everyone of your machines.
        Mark
        There is light at the end of the tunnel - just be sure it is not a train.

Comment

On my Japs i marked all of my rake cams with a permanent marker so if one does slip or slowly changes i see it and put it back to where it belongs,i mark the cam and hub.I also mark other things too just in case something happens,makes a swap job/alignment faster.Marking works on any machine.
          Just a tip for ya's.
          Use what you have to,to get it through the shift then fix it right.Do it right and live through the night...Safety first!

Comment

Here is Masternuts' method

Sounds like rake cam is not "balanced".Here is the way I have been doing it for years.
            The sweep pattern is different sweeping forward than sweeping back...

Take the first measurment between the 2,3_4,5,6 pin spots as the rake is going back(towards Pit).
            Take second measurment at 1" behind head pin as rake is comming forward.

These are the two lowest points in the cycle.You want to balance the cam until these measurment are the same(Within an 1/8).

If measurment 1 is lower than measurment 2 then you need to retard rake cam ,if measurment 1 is higher than measurment 2 then you need to advance rake cam.

Hope this makes sense its hard to write,but it works. It allows us to adjust our rakes to within 1/4 inch to the lane.

Thanks again to Masternut!

billman
            let me be myself

Comment

I rechecked it and was way off put back in place sweeping normal again thanks for the info

Bob

Comment

Topic Starter RibbonScript

Collapse

Adsense Classic 2

Collapse
              widgetinstance 666 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.

Rake sweeping out of time, and pin launching onto lane.

I work on some nice old Brunswick A-2 pin setters. Most issues I've come across haven't been to problematic to figure out. But being I can't seem to get it to recreate the issue...

Strange sweep problem

I’m a rookie mechanic and have been working on pinsetters for 2 years. One of my lanes has a problem with a sweep possibly coasting. I don’t know what could be causing it...

GSX Distributor shaft bearings

Two part topic:
              1. Plastic bearing (#66) used in place of regular sealed bearing (#51) -- thoughts?

2. ANY of these bearings with the black support mount...

The Legacy of the A2

I was recently disheartened to learn that a bowling center that I once serviced was actively looking to replace their A2's. I understand that most military bases and educational...

Table turning on short stroke.

Hello dear Bowltech members.
              First let me say thank you for your time. am plagued by a big issue for three weeks now.
              our technician is working full time on another...

Another pivot bearing broke.

One and a half year old GSX machines. This will be the 5th pivot bearing that has broke. This one decided to take out a few things with it. Snapped the stroke limiter shock stud...
              Working...
              X