Adsense Classic 1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• why buy a piece of the pie

ok i bought a center in 2000 ever since i hit a brick wall all hell brakes loose 2003 the biz seems to loose the touch maybe im loosin it dont know anymore ive been wrenchin since 93 you bust ass 6 days a week 12 hrs easy a day and nothing i love the bizzz but i feel like im loosing my edge the biz is up on the numbers and doing well but its more than # to me what do i do does anyone know what im thinking jb

Re: why buy a piece of the pie

Been there....done that. Bought a center in '87. Had it for 14 years. Between the "whinners" and ever increaing cost of doing business, I gave up. IN '98 the city re-assesed all properties to help fund the TIF district. They doubled my property taxes in one year. I think this was the straw that broke the camels back. If you really like working with the people though, you can survive. I don't think I liked them enough, or could it be that they didn't like me??? nah..
    Good Luck.....
    I got it ! I got it ! Oh damn

Comment

Jeremy:

It's called BURNOUT. It happens when you push yourself too hard for too long, and carry the business on your back. You can do it for a period of time, but after awhile, you get to where every little thing irritates you, you lose your edge, and your drive.

If the center is making you a decent living, then now's the time to pick someone you think is capable of making sound decisions when you aren't in the center, and give up some of the control to them. It won't be all love and roses, because no one will always do things exactly the way you'd want, but you need to get out and take some time for yourself. Grow that person into the role, when they don't do what you wanted, just review what you would have done different and why.

I hit that same wall, didn't take the time I needed to, and the results were disastrous. I'm not gonna hang out my entire personal life on the website, but nuff said that you need to take the time to re-charge your batteries. I wouldn't leave for a week a few years ago. Now I take two week vacations, and THE CENTER IS STILL STANDING when I get back. Rest assured that your center will be too.

I've made this mistake, and the other owners of small houses will probably amen my comments. One of my annual re-charge events is coming up, bowl-expo. While it's not really a vacation per se, you're out of the center for the best part of a week, you get to network with other owners, and you'll find out that you're NOT alone in the way you feel. Plus, you get to hear creative solutions to the issues we all face.

DON'T work every single day. None of your employees do, and neither should you. They know where to find me if something happens that REQUIRES my attention, but most days off are just quiet time with family or alone. And that's whats missing right now:

Kevin

Comment

yea thats what it feels like the season is almost over anyway summer is nice no stress thanks guys jb

Comment

Topic Starter RibbonScript

Collapse

Adsense Classic 2

Collapse
        widgetinstance 666 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.

Rake sweeping out of time, and pin launching onto lane.

I work on some nice old Brunswick A-2 pin setters. Most issues I've come across haven't been to problematic to figure out. But being I can't seem to get it to recreate the issue...

Strange sweep problem

I’m a rookie mechanic and have been working on pinsetters for 2 years. One of my lanes has a problem with a sweep possibly coasting. I don’t know what could be causing it...

GSX Distributor shaft bearings

Two part topic:
        1. Plastic bearing (#66) used in place of regular sealed bearing (#51) -- thoughts?

2. ANY of these bearings with the black support mount...

The Legacy of the A2

I was recently disheartened to learn that a bowling center that I once serviced was actively looking to replace their A2's. I understand that most military bases and educational...

Table turning on short stroke.

Hello dear Bowltech members.
        First let me say thank you for your time. am plagued by a big issue for three weeks now.
        our technician is working full time on another...

Another pivot bearing broke.

One and a half year old GSX machines. This will be the 5th pivot bearing that has broke. This one decided to take out a few things with it. Snapped the stroke limiter shock stud...
        Working...
        X