Adsense Classic 1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Turret Clutch

I am having a problem with a turret clutch where if it is left with not pins loading into the turret for about 5 seconds it starts to squeel really loudly..

I have taken it apart and cleaned everything. Brand new bolt, bearings, middle spacer, and bottom pulley. All parts are the correct ones..

Any Ideas..???...???...???

Thank You
    Ken

Re: Turret Clutch

Ken...if you have put a new belt and lower pulley on, you may have the long turret drive belt too tight. You should have just tight enough to index past the 5...any tighter is just wearing parts out for no reason. If you don't have the adjustable spring for that belt, you can use a 6" eye bolt and use the eye bolt to control the tension on the belt.
    TSM & TSM Training Development
    Main Event Entertainment
    480-620-6758 for help or information

Comment

OK.. there might be something else wrong, because the belt has to be super tight or else it wont drive the clutch..

Any Ideas

Comment

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Ken Moonen:

I have taken it apart and cleaned everything. Brand new bolt, bearings, middle spacer, and bottom pulley. All parts are the correct ones..

KEN, Is that bottom pulley one piece , or 2 piece ?? if it is 2 piece ,make sure the spacer is installed between the pulley and the bottom bearing. Do you need extra belt tension to index every time, or just when the time delay gear is rotating ? Have you tried a new short turret belt ?

Mark
        There is light at the end of the tunnel - just be sure it is not a train.

Comment

Bottom Pulley is a one piece.. Both Belts are brand new..

Comment

Ken...along the same line as the one piece pulley versus two piece pulley...the one piece has a built in "spacer" on only one side...is this "spacer" up against the bottom bearing? (it should be) You may have installed the pulley upside down...if you did, the pulley would be scraping the outer race of the bearing and could be causing your noise...but I would believe you would hear it all the time. That is why I would lean towards the belt being too tight. Way too tight.
            Main Event Entertainment

Comment

Ken, after reading your original post again, I do not see a mention of a new friction disc ( or new facings ) or a new top pulley. If you did not change the friction disc, the top pulley may have worn into the facing rivets.

Mark
              There is light at the end of the tunnel - just be sure it is not a train.

Comment

Mark...if it were the facing/pulley combination, then he wouldn't here it while the time delay gear is turning and then would hear it after the gear stops. He would also still hear it while the turret is indexing on the other pins.

Ken...is this a possible scenario?
                Main Event Entertainment

Comment

Sorry.. left that out as well

The facings are brand new.. Do they need to be lubricated with something??..

Comment

NO...definetly not.

What I asked is which scenario do you have. Is the squeal happening while the turret is just sitting there and no pins are being delivered into it, and the squeal disappears as each pin falls in...or do you hear the squeal most of the time until the 5 pin drops through the turret and it goes away for a few seconds and then comes back until the next 5 pin falls through?
                    Main Event Entertainment

Comment

It is there all the time, and dissapears as each pin falls in, and then dissapears for 5 seconds when the 5 pin goes in...

How do I fix this???
                      Thank You
                      Ken Moonen

Comment

This is the Brunswick trademark,squeel. I had a pair of lanes 19-20 that no matter what i did they squeeled. I even took the new one piece pulley off on put the two piece on since the squeel is usually from the belt riding low in the drive pulley and rubbing the bottom of the v-groove.

Make sure the turret ring bearings are well lubed and the entire turret spins free with the belt off and the front cam follower released. Check the stud bearing up front for proper operation, not binding. Put an adjustable tension spring on the long drive. Make sure all idlers are good and spin free. Grease the slides on the turret clutch plate so it doesn't bind and can move freely. tension the belt so that it smoothly drives the turret past the 4,7,8 and onto the five pin position. The least amount of tension neccessary is best. If it still squeels, test with a damp towel with cleaner on it and wipe the short belt clean, if it shuts up, try a different belt(new for sure) or another pulley. After this, if it squeels your just stuck with the trademark.......
                        BEER: It's not just for breakfast anymore.

Comment

Clean the short turret drive belt with liquid hand soap. Not the waterless style hand cleaners...something like Dove would do. Dry it off real good when done cleaning. You will notice that the squeal will disappear for awhile...but it will come back until you remove some pressure from the long turret drive belt.(Assuming you have changed the lower pulley and the short turret drive belt with new ones)
                          Main Event Entertainment

Comment

Hello,

We have had a noise problem with the 1 piece facings on our clutches. We switched to the plastic facings, and the noise went away...Far away! If the belt and pulleys are in good condition as well as the tension, you can diagnose the problem by spraying no flash contact cleaner between the facing and the top drive pulley. If the noise goes away, the problem is the facings. The contact cleaner dries and won't leave a film or stuff like that.

Just like brake pads, when you get a light dust between the rotor and pad, you get a squeal.
                            Pay attention to what your doing, and always do a clean and neat job!

Comment

If the turret clutch facing is causing your squealing...a test for this is to hold the torsion latch in an open position and listen. If the squeal goes away at the moment you move the latch, it is the facings. If there is a delay from the time you move the torsion latch until the squeal disappears, in other words, as the turret starts to move...then it is the belt/pulley combination causing the problem. And you didn't have to spray anything anywhere to find this out...
                              Main Event Entertainment

Comment

Topic Starter RibbonScript

Collapse

Adsense Classic 2

Collapse
                              widgetinstance 666 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.

Rake sweeping out of time, and pin launching onto lane.

I work on some nice old Brunswick A-2 pin setters. Most issues I've come across haven't been to problematic to figure out. But being I can't seem to get it to recreate the issue...

Strange sweep problem

I’m a rookie mechanic and have been working on pinsetters for 2 years. One of my lanes has a problem with a sweep possibly coasting. I don’t know what could be causing it...

GSX Distributor shaft bearings

Two part topic:
                              1. Plastic bearing (#66) used in place of regular sealed bearing (#51) -- thoughts?

2. ANY of these bearings with the black support mount...

The Legacy of the A2

I was recently disheartened to learn that a bowling center that I once serviced was actively looking to replace their A2's. I understand that most military bases and educational...

Table turning on short stroke.

Hello dear Bowltech members.
                              First let me say thank you for your time. am plagued by a big issue for three weeks now.
                              our technician is working full time on another...

Another pivot bearing broke.

One and a half year old GSX machines. This will be the 5th pivot bearing that has broke. This one decided to take out a few things with it. Snapped the stroke limiter shock stud...
                              Working...
                              X