Adsense Classic 1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Don't try this at home!

Got a pinsetter motor back from the repair shop, and insallted it. The machine just about went bezerk! Damedest thing I ever saw. Running a pinsetter backwards, does NOT make it a pin-picker-upper....trust me. I couldn't believe it, but it did no lasting damage....Yet another lesson learned.
    I got it ! I got it ! Oh damn

Re: Don't try this at home!

If you look on the motor schematics it will tell you how to reverse it. not very hard

Comment

Most motors come wired to rotate cw while looking at the output shaft. We need them to rotate ccw. This usually requires the swapping of 2 wires. I am surprised that your motor shop didn't pay attention to how you had it wired when you took it to them...I'm sure if you give them a call, they will apologize for the mixup and will either ask you to take it back to them or instruct you how to make the change yourself.
      TSM & TSM Training Development
      Main Event Entertainment
      480-620-6758 for help or information

Comment

If I remember right switch the 5 and 8 wires around.

Sharpie

Comment

Be very careful before moving ANY wires. There are quite a few different types of motors driving Brunswick pinsetters these days. Each manufacturer tends to do things different. Consult the motor shop you had do the work BEFORE changing wires around. You may end up with a large chunk of copper and steel that the motor shop won't warranty because you made a mistake. (Talk about a large paper weight...LOL)
          TSM & TSM Training Development
          Main Event Entertainment
          480-620-6758 for help or information

Comment

Topic Starter RibbonScript

Collapse

Adsense Classic 2

Collapse
          widgetinstance 666 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.

Rake sweeping out of time, and pin launching onto lane.

I work on some nice old Brunswick A-2 pin setters. Most issues I've come across haven't been to problematic to figure out. But being I can't seem to get it to recreate the issue...

Strange sweep problem

I’m a rookie mechanic and have been working on pinsetters for 2 years. One of my lanes has a problem with a sweep possibly coasting. I don’t know what could be causing it...

GSX Distributor shaft bearings

Two part topic:
          1. Plastic bearing (#66) used in place of regular sealed bearing (#51) -- thoughts?

2. ANY of these bearings with the black support mount...

The Legacy of the A2

I was recently disheartened to learn that a bowling center that I once serviced was actively looking to replace their A2's. I understand that most military bases and educational...

Table turning on short stroke.

Hello dear Bowltech members.
          First let me say thank you for your time. am plagued by a big issue for three weeks now.
          our technician is working full time on another...

Another pivot bearing broke.

One and a half year old GSX machines. This will be the 5th pivot bearing that has broke. This one decided to take out a few things with it. Snapped the stroke limiter shock stud...
          Working...
          X