Adsense Classic 1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• sticky torsion latch

i have a torsion latch that is hard to move. ive replaced the slide plate, the latch and the delay gear. but when i install its hard to move. once or twice a game 180 stop. any ideas.

Re: sticky torsion latch

The torsion latch rests on a rubber stop. You can adjust this stop simply by slicing a chunck off, or turing it to a new surface, If it is very hard to trip, I would check to see how much tension you have on your long turret belt, and try to get by with less. Also the trip arm for the torsion latch,is somewhat adjustable. With the turret sitting at 5 pin,the trip arm may be too close to the torsion to hit it with enough "bang" to trip it. You can adjust this by loosening the 2 bolts that hold the trip arm on, and moving it to the extreme counter clock-wise position. This will give you the maximum "bang".
    I got it ! I got it ! Oh damn

Comment

check the alignment of the block on the bottom of the time delay gear with the leg of the torsion latch. they should meet squarely. The alignment is controlled by a rubber stop just to the rear of the latch on the turret frame. the rubber stops on newer machines are round with a flat side. The leg should be stopped by the flat edge of the rubber stop. If the stop has turned, the leg of the torsion latch will actually be riding to the inside of the block on the time delay gear and make it much more difficult to move.
      41 years and still learning....
      lanedoctor@hotmail.com

Comment

I'm really glad to see that you are still learning also lane doctor. Some guys have been doing this for 3 or 4 years and know everything. Guess I am just slow......real slow.

Comment

If I ever get to the point where I think I know it all, someone please just shoot me and put me out of my misery. I will stop learning when it is time to die.
          41 years and still learning....
          lanedoctor@hotmail.com

Comment

Amen, Doc

On the torsion latch it sounds like you have a "hard locking" latch. this can come fromthe friction disc having a lot of pull and also as mentioned above too much latch blocking under the gear.

I always put grease on my Time delay gear "block"
            too help with this problem. times a year is always enough. then i look deeper.

The tortion latch needs a smooth release when you check it with you finger.
            Peanut

Comment

After re-reading what I said earlier, I see I made a mistake. The trip arm for the torsion latch should be moved to the extreme CLOCK-WISE position. Away from the torsion latch. Not counter clock-wise. Sometimes I type faster than I think....And I don't type too good!!

Comment

you might check to see if torsion latch rubs against the turret frame or the bottom of the time delay gear. It's possible you may need to raise the latch or the whole slide plate assy., if it rubs the frame. I've also put a thin washer under the latch to raise the latch, but make sure it does not rub the underside the time delay gear.
                good luck!

Comment

Hi,

Another thing that you can do to make the time delay torsion latch operate smoother is to face off the the flat where it stops the gear underneath. I have a jig set up to just tickle the latch, and make it square again. Also, I give it a highly polished finish which will keep it very smooth and help it to release easily. Also, make sure there aren't any burrs on the stop on the gear itself.

Just a couple of cents worth!!
                  Pay attention to what your doing, and always do a clean and neat job!

Comment

Its not uncommon to see the older torsion latches hitting the turret frame. I used to remove them and grind at the bottom to Increase the gap between there and the frame.
                    The newer torsion latches are smaller In that area.
                    Mike
                    DO A NEAT CLEAN JOB, AND FIX IT RIGHT THE FIRST TIME. THE ONLY WAY TO WORK.

Comment

thanks for the help. after taking the turret clutch apart i found that there was some play (up and down) with the torsion latch. that caused the latch to hit the bottom of the time delay gear and wear a groove in the latch. if the latch stayed down it worked. if it rose up it would not spin to let the time delay gear turn. thanks again.

Comment

Topic Starter RibbonScript

Collapse

Adsense Classic 2

Collapse
                      widgetinstance 666 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.

Rake sweeping out of time, and pin launching onto lane.

I work on some nice old Brunswick A-2 pin setters. Most issues I've come across haven't been to problematic to figure out. But being I can't seem to get it to recreate the issue...

Strange sweep problem

I’m a rookie mechanic and have been working on pinsetters for 2 years. One of my lanes has a problem with a sweep possibly coasting. I don’t know what could be causing it...

GSX Distributor shaft bearings

Two part topic:
                      1. Plastic bearing (#66) used in place of regular sealed bearing (#51) -- thoughts?

2. ANY of these bearings with the black support mount...

The Legacy of the A2

I was recently disheartened to learn that a bowling center that I once serviced was actively looking to replace their A2's. I understand that most military bases and educational...

Table turning on short stroke.

Hello dear Bowltech members.
                      First let me say thank you for your time. am plagued by a big issue for three weeks now.
                      our technician is working full time on another...

Another pivot bearing broke.

One and a half year old GSX machines. This will be the 5th pivot bearing that has broke. This one decided to take out a few things with it. Snapped the stroke limiter shock stud...
                      Working...
                      X