Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pinsetter Lifting

Hello everyone,
    Here Is an Interesting topic that has been on my mind for a couple of days now!
    I know how to lift pinsetters after lane overlays are Installed, have done a few. I'm the kind of person thats I guess picky, Pinsetter should be set 32-5/8 +or-1/16 from deck lift shaft to lane surface, and what gets me Is thats always different when you measure them, I have seen some work out fine and others like a friend of mine I was helping some his were at 33 almost 34" before raising, they are converted A2's Now I would Imagine that changes after years of cutting lanes, but that measurement was crazy. now of course It would be higher after lifting them and his links are up a bit as It Is and ofcourse you have to becarefull with that because you do not need your pinrelease lever hitting pins or any other trouble. what do you think about that measurement?
    I mean Imagine taking out those pinsetters and Installing others at the correct height, That would give you trouble right from the start. Is'nt there a certain measurement from top of kickback to lane or from top of lane to mounting surface under It. I guess It would always be very Important to take those measurements before doing any other Installs and not take for granted that they were right.
    Thanks, Mike
    DO A NEAT CLEAN JOB, AND FIX IT RIGHT THE FIRST TIME. THE ONLY WAY TO WORK.

Re: Pinsetter Lifting

After some hell the first few weeks after raising mine, everything's good now. The lift shaft measurement is only half the story though. If one were lowering the machines properly every few sands, you'd drop the machine "square" (the rake shaft height has a spec also).

Yet what I found is that the rear of the machine had to come up a ton (maxed out the jackscrews on a few lanes), and we barely touched the front leg adjustments at all.

Not insignificant also is that during the conversion, the original A kickbacks were cut down and plated on the top of the cut, which makes for more variables.

It's a tribute to the machine that you can see them in all sorts of different settings and they will stiil work OK (note I didn't say perfect)

Kevin

Comment

Yeah,
      My buddies Kickbacks were also cut and plated, I figured that would have had something to do with It.
      Mike

Comment

I used to install machines through out the south and a good part of the east. I had a manual from Brunswick that gave ALL the measurements you would ever need. But that was 25 years ago. If I can find the manual, I will try to post all the facts and figures here.
        I got it ! I got it ! Oh damn

Comment

I have an A-2 conversion manual that states to cut the old kickback at 16 11/16" (+ or - 1/16") above the lane surface. Then a wood adapter strip is added onto the top of that which is 1 1/4" thick. This gives the surface required to mount the metal adapter strip that the pinsetter will set on. It is 5/16" thick. These dimensions put the top of the kickback at 18 1/4" above the lane surface. I checked my machines here and after adding a spacer between the metal adapter strip and the wood adapter strip when we installed HPL...I am 18 1/2" above the lane surface. Pretty close for not knowing that dimension before hand. Very interesting book I came across. Gives all kinds of dimensions for converting A's to A-2's.

Hope this helps some...
          TSM & TSM Training Development
          Main Event Entertainment
          480-620-6758 for help or information

Comment

1mechanic1,
            Those figures would be very Interesting If you could ever find them.

Jbees,
            Do you know what your deck lift shaft to lane surface measurment ended up being?
            Thanks, Mike

Comment

Mike...we set all of our deck lift shafts and rake sweep shafts to specs...there was plenty of adjustment in the set screws. They look a little low on the kickbacks...but the measurements are right on...+- a 1/16th or so...LOL

Measurements in case someone wants to know:

Deck lift shaft - 32 5/8 +- 1/16th from bottom of shaft to top of lane. 15 13/16th +0-1/8 from rear of the shaft to the middle of the 7-10 row.

Rake sweep shaft - 63 7/16 +- 1/8th from bottom of shaft to lane surface.
              TSM & TSM Training Development
              Main Event Entertainment
              480-620-6758 for help or information

Comment

Thanks Jbees,
                I also got mine back to specs when we Installed our anvyl lane.

I told my friend to measure his kickbacks to the lane, but you know what, It still makes know scense to me, even If he had to add spacers his decklift shaft height would be even higher then what It Is now, It seems like he would have to lower them but I don't see that working well. then he would have to raise his link and then It would be to high. the funny thing though Is he can set the rake shaft height correctly.

Thanks, Mike

Comment

Topic Starter RibbonScript

Collapse

Adsense Classic 2

Collapse
                widgetinstance 666 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.

Rake sweeping out of time, and pin launching onto lane.

I work on some nice old Brunswick A-2 pin setters. Most issues I've come across haven't been to problematic to figure out. But being I can't seem to get it to recreate the issue...

Strange sweep problem

I’m a rookie mechanic and have been working on pinsetters for 2 years. One of my lanes has a problem with a sweep possibly coasting. I don’t know what could be causing it...

GSX Distributor shaft bearings

Two part topic:
                1. Plastic bearing (#66) used in place of regular sealed bearing (#51) -- thoughts?

2. ANY of these bearings with the black support mount...

The Legacy of the A2

I was recently disheartened to learn that a bowling center that I once serviced was actively looking to replace their A2's. I understand that most military bases and educational...

Table turning on short stroke.

Hello dear Bowltech members.
                First let me say thank you for your time. am plagued by a big issue for three weeks now.
                our technician is working full time on another...

Another pivot bearing broke.

One and a half year old GSX machines. This will be the 5th pivot bearing that has broke. This one decided to take out a few things with it. Snapped the stroke limiter shock stud...
                Working...
                X