Adsense Classic 1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Moving Deck question

While changing deck chutes i noticed that the moving deck moves left/right rather easily and quite a bit by hand,looking around i see nothing wrong,could the moving deck wheels and or the slide plates be worn out?
    Everything is on that should be like geneva cam plates etc.If i had to give a measurement of how much it moves left/right i'd say close to 9/16",needless to say the pins would then be off spot when it moves.
    Problem is left/right when i grab the deck at 270,not forward/reverse motion.Jap,A-2.,about 367,580 cycles on the lift shaft counter.,the only lane that has a cycle counter on it!
    Use what you have to,to get it through the shift then fix it right.Do it right and live through the night...Safety first!

Re: Moving Deck question

I am sitting here at home just guessing, but I am wondering if someone has changed the moving deck rollers and maybe mismatched the spacers that went between the rollers and the frame.. If I recall, they were kinda barrel shaped and I am thinking that the ones in front were different than the ones in the rear. Just a guess though. I have not had to rip into a jap deck in several years...
    41 years and still learning....
    lanedoctor@hotmail.com

Comment

Re: Moving Deck question

I inspected all the deck rollers on all machines last summer and lubed/replaced the bad ones,these machines do not use the spacers,every time i'm under a machine i check deck rollers/bolts to make sure all is well.
      Moving deck goes left/right way too much,i'll look at the deck wheels when i get back from Vegas,trying to get other things done before i leave like vacuum vents,change tired chutes,etc,etc,etc.
      Use what you have to,to get it through the shift then fix it right.Do it right and live through the night...Safety first!

Comment

Topic Starter RibbonScript

Collapse

Adsense Classic 2

Collapse
      widgetinstance 666 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.

Rake sweeping out of time, and pin launching onto lane.

I work on some nice old Brunswick A-2 pin setters. Most issues I've come across haven't been to problematic to figure out. But being I can't seem to get it to recreate the issue...

Strange sweep problem

I’m a rookie mechanic and have been working on pinsetters for 2 years. One of my lanes has a problem with a sweep possibly coasting. I don’t know what could be causing it...

GSX Distributor shaft bearings

Two part topic:
      1. Plastic bearing (#66) used in place of regular sealed bearing (#51) -- thoughts?

2. ANY of these bearings with the black support mount...

The Legacy of the A2

I was recently disheartened to learn that a bowling center that I once serviced was actively looking to replace their A2's. I understand that most military bases and educational...

Table turning on short stroke.

Hello dear Bowltech members.
      First let me say thank you for your time. am plagued by a big issue for three weeks now.
      our technician is working full time on another...

Another pivot bearing broke.

One and a half year old GSX machines. This will be the 5th pivot bearing that has broke. This one decided to take out a few things with it. Snapped the stroke limiter shock stud...
      Working...
      X