Adsense Classic 1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Deck Stabilizer Rod Post

I need some suggestions and advice on this problem.

I have a lane that has the posts/studs/pins where the REAR deck stablizer rods mount, are very worn out. I dont mean just the ends, where the retaining rings go. If that was the case, I could drill and tap the posts, and add the bolt/washer combo to hold them on.

The problem is the post diameter is alot smaller than the bearings in the stablizer rod ends. It has been this way for a long time, judging by the looks of the posts. The stablilzer rod bearings actually slop forward/rearward on the post it is so worn out.

These are welded into the pinsetter side frames. It looks as though its a complete weld around the post from the factory.

Is there anyway to modify these posts, without having to completely grind them out, or replace the sideframes?

I was thinking about cutting them off, and adding a regular shaft, then tapping and drilling into the original post, to hold both the new shaft and stablizer rod in place?

Is this feasable?

Re: Deck Stabilizer Rod Post

Wookie:
    This is a problem. I have found the easiest way for me, to deal with it in the field, is to establish the exact center of the original diameter of the post, then drill a 1/4" hole all the way through the post, paying attention to keep hole straight, both perpendicular and horizontal. Follow this up with a hole saw equipped with the closest size inner hole to eliminate all worn areas, but using a 1/4" rod, (installed instead of a bit). This will machine a round, true post, that can then have an a sleeve of the right size installed on it to accecpt the bearings. An alternative is to drill, tap, and bolt a new style arm on using spacers to lock the inside race of the bearing to the post, then predispose the weight of the deck to the rear. Hope of some help.
    Roscoe.
    rfm

Comment

Topic Starter RibbonScript

Collapse

Adsense Classic 2

Collapse
    widgetinstance 666 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.

Rake sweeping out of time, and pin launching onto lane.

I work on some nice old Brunswick A-2 pin setters. Most issues I've come across haven't been to problematic to figure out. But being I can't seem to get it to recreate the issue...

Strange sweep problem

I’m a rookie mechanic and have been working on pinsetters for 2 years. One of my lanes has a problem with a sweep possibly coasting. I don’t know what could be causing it...

GSX Distributor shaft bearings

Two part topic:
    1. Plastic bearing (#66) used in place of regular sealed bearing (#51) -- thoughts?

2. ANY of these bearings with the black support mount...

The Legacy of the A2

I was recently disheartened to learn that a bowling center that I once serviced was actively looking to replace their A2's. I understand that most military bases and educational...

Table turning on short stroke.

Hello dear Bowltech members.
    First let me say thank you for your time. am plagued by a big issue for three weeks now.
    our technician is working full time on another...

Another pivot bearing broke.

One and a half year old GSX machines. This will be the 5th pivot bearing that has broke. This one decided to take out a few things with it. Snapped the stroke limiter shock stud...
    Working...
    X