Adsense Classic 1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How hard to learn Bruns A machines?

I work on AMF 82-70s and I'm curious how long it would take to get used to working on brunswick A machines.... I know its two different worlds, but I'm just wondering how long it would take to get the hang of things.... How long to be able to work the back alone, how long to be able to *work on* them on your own, etc.... Also, what about A2 machines? Anybody transfer over from 70s that could shed some light? Thanks

Re: How hard to learn Bruns A machines?

I worked on 70's for 13 years before I bought an 18 laner with converted A's.

I started using drugs and drinking heavily. [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif[/img]

JK

Comment

Originally posted by 82/70 king:
      I worked on 70's for 13 years before I bought an 18 laner with converted A's.

I started using drugs and drinking heavily. [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif[/img]

JK
      <font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Hey King, now we know the real reason behind your poor bowling at the ABC tournament [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/eek.gif[/img]
      And to think that you tried to blame the conditions :p [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif[/img]
      There is light at the end of the tunnel - just be sure it is not a train.

Comment

WI ADAM,
        I started in 1974 working on 82-70 b pinspotters. I got my start on Brunswick A2 in 1984 , when I was asked to fix an electrical problem on an A2. I was fascinated by the operation of this pinsetter. Took a part time job with the center. Since the A2 is a mechanical beast, the time to learn the repairs will depend on your mechanical ability. Find someone that is willing to train you. There are several things on the machine ( such as the rake return spring ) that will hurt you bad if you do not know what you are doing. There are also more parts that need to be "timed " with each other,than on an AMF 82-70. If you have the opportunity to learn Brunswick , go for it !!
        I now work 4 days a week in a 28 lane A2 center, and free lance for 7 other centers ranging in size from 4 lanes - 38 lanes, Jetbacks, A2,
        82-70C .
        Good luck with your career, Mark
        There is light at the end of the tunnel - just be sure it is not a train.

Comment

HELLO
          IT DOES TAKE SOME TIME TO LEARN.........
          IF YOU KNOW A GOOD BRUNS MECHANIC THAT WILL TAKE SOME TIME WITH YOU, AND SHOW YOU SOME THINGS, KEEP HIS NUMBER REAL CLOSE INCASE YOU RUN IN TO SOME PROBLEMS, THAT IS THE BEST WAY TO LEARN.

I WORKED ON 82-70s FOR ALMOST 18YEARS, BUT IF YOU ARE ABLE TO TAKE YOUR TIME, YOU CAN FIGURE THINGS OUT FOR YOURSELF.

MY FRIEND HELPED ME DO A 1-1, AND POINTED TO EACH THING TO DO NEXT, AND IT TOOK ME 8 HOURS, HE LET ME DO EACH STEP BY MYSELF. THAT TAUGHT ME A LOT.

JEFF KUHNLE
          TWIN OAKS LANES
          TOLEDO OHIO
          WE ARE NOW REALLY TWIN OAKS LANES.

Comment

I was just going to ask - I've seen "A" machines, and they look somewhat dangerous... 82-70s you really cant get hurt too bad unless you do something stupid, but these seem to have a lot more that could hurt you. Any opinions on safety?

Comment

[img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif[/img] A GOOD RULE OF THUMB...
              ALWAY REACH AROUND PARTS OF MACHINE NEVER THROUGH PARTS.

JEFF KUHNLE
              TWIN OAKS LANES
              TOLEDO OHIO
              [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/wink.gif[/img]
              WE ARE NOW REALLY TWIN OAKS LANES.

Comment

Topic Starter RibbonScript

Collapse

Adsense Classic 2

Collapse
              widgetinstance 666 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.

Rake sweeping out of time, and pin launching onto lane.

I work on some nice old Brunswick A-2 pin setters. Most issues I've come across haven't been to problematic to figure out. But being I can't seem to get it to recreate the issue...

Strange sweep problem

I’m a rookie mechanic and have been working on pinsetters for 2 years. One of my lanes has a problem with a sweep possibly coasting. I don’t know what could be causing it...

GSX Distributor shaft bearings

Two part topic:
              1. Plastic bearing (#66) used in place of regular sealed bearing (#51) -- thoughts?

2. ANY of these bearings with the black support mount...

The Legacy of the A2

I was recently disheartened to learn that a bowling center that I once serviced was actively looking to replace their A2's. I understand that most military bases and educational...

Table turning on short stroke.

Hello dear Bowltech members.
              First let me say thank you for your time. am plagued by a big issue for three weeks now.
              our technician is working full time on another...

Another pivot bearing broke.

One and a half year old GSX machines. This will be the 5th pivot bearing that has broke. This one decided to take out a few things with it. Snapped the stroke limiter shock stud...
              Working...
              X