Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• won't go into 2nd ball occasionally

Oh Great Ones! [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif[/img]

Im calling upon your wisdom to help me solve this one.

Ive got 1 machine that will occasionally not go into 2nd ball. I can never catch it but on the stop sheets about once a week there is a stop written down on that machine "stuck in 1st ball" confronted all the pin-techs, they say the machine will just keep respotting pins until they manually push in the new pins solenoid and trigger machine, then all is okay for another week. On initial inspection, I found the bearing on standing pins cam follower in BAD! shape, so I replaced the detector with a rebuilt one from the shop. That did not solve the problem, I also found the deck holding hook control link slots had some burrs in them, I ended up replacing them and the x-pins. It happened again last night. It's just one of those annoying problems along with about 10 others that are driving me crazy. Maybe im overlooking something simple here. Where should I look next?

TIA
    Jerrid
    and then he said, "on your death bed, you will receive total consciousness" so I got that going for me...... which is nice!

Re: won't go into 2nd ball occasionally

Intermitent problems...the worst kind of problem to solve...we feel your pain. I see you stated you have new pins solenoids...I would start there. Is it possible the link/x-washer pin/solenoid plunger is getting wedged and forcing the link towards the rear of the machine causing the standing pins selector to be frozen in place not allowing the detector to switch to second ball? Then your pin techs push on it and it frees up from whatever is holding it in place...Just an idea to try...
    TSM & TSM Training Development
    Main Event Entertainment
    480-620-6758 for help or information

Comment

Re: won't go into 2nd ball occasionally

check the deck height positions, detector rods adjsutments. I that is ok when I would check the detector rod for a small burr or bad oil lite bearings, or try lowering the detector rod 1/16th of an in. Sounds like you are very close to solving this problem. also check the bracket under the detector the roll pins of the detector rod contact, maybe loose.
      good luck Larry

Comment

Topic Starter RibbonScript

Collapse

Adsense Classic 2

Collapse
      widgetinstance 666 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.

Rake sweeping out of time, and pin launching onto lane.

I work on some nice old Brunswick A-2 pin setters. Most issues I've come across haven't been to problematic to figure out. But being I can't seem to get it to recreate the issue...

Strange sweep problem

I’m a rookie mechanic and have been working on pinsetters for 2 years. One of my lanes has a problem with a sweep possibly coasting. I don’t know what could be causing it...

GSX Distributor shaft bearings

Two part topic:
      1. Plastic bearing (#66) used in place of regular sealed bearing (#51) -- thoughts?

2. ANY of these bearings with the black support mount...

The Legacy of the A2

I was recently disheartened to learn that a bowling center that I once serviced was actively looking to replace their A2's. I understand that most military bases and educational...

Table turning on short stroke.

Hello dear Bowltech members.
      First let me say thank you for your time. am plagued by a big issue for three weeks now.
      our technician is working full time on another...

Another pivot bearing broke.

One and a half year old GSX machines. This will be the 5th pivot bearing that has broke. This one decided to take out a few things with it. Snapped the stroke limiter shock stud...
      Working...
      X