Adsense Classic 1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gearbox Tools

I've seen a lot of people asking which is the best and safest way to remove and handle a gearbox. While doing an overhaul on it. In the photos we have the overhead crane, and the gearbox holding fixture, (patent pending) from what I've been told. It has a small motor mounted on the fixture so we can run the gearbox BEFORE we install it! These tools make the job easier, safer, cleaner, and done the right way. We would not attempt to do this any other way. Our company always finds the best way to do the job right and bring cutting edge technology in our pinsetters from tooling to maintenance.

Check these out, and here's what you get with 6 hours of labor and the right tools! Last pic is lane 53 with a new gearbox purring like a kitten.
    Lifting Tool.
    Gearbox fixture.
    Gearbox fixture again.
    Lane 53 purrin'
    Pay attention to what your doing, and always do a clean and neat job!

Re: Gearbox Tools

Good pics Phil,thanks for sharing.

Hey guys,did someone out there use to rent a gearbox puller stand,you would pay a core charge and then get the refund when you returned it?
    Peanut

Comment

phil that is a great job gearbox looks nice and clean its nice to have the proper tools to make a job that this go easyer jb

Comment

Phil, nice pics. Could you get a pic of the overhead crane in operation? Thanks, Mark
        There is light at the end of the tunnel - just be sure it is not a train.

Comment

Phil:

Those mini-kit machines??? Unusual to see the cycle solenoid on a hockey-stick machine ... but people REALLY get a chuckle out of my cable triggers ... rube goldberg woulda been proud of the cable trigger

Kevin

Comment

Sweet Phil,
            Its funny because I have been trying to buil something to hold my gearboxes while I rebuild them.
            I do plan on trying the crane from harbor freight for removing and Installing gearboxes.
            Nice pictures!!!!
            Peanut,
            If you don't mind me asking how did you remove yours when you rebuilt your pinsetters.
            Mike
            DO A NEAT CLEAN JOB, AND FIX IT RIGHT THE FIRST TIME. THE ONLY WAY TO WORK.

Comment

Hi guys,

Thanks for the kind responses!!! I'll try to talk my boss Paul Moser, that's the guy holding up the stand, into setting the rig up so you all can see. I think he does have a pic of it. I seem to remember him taking a pic with the crane in action with the gearbox hanging from it. But he used a throw away camera, mines a digital!!! LOL.

The best part about the gearbox holding fixture is that we RUN the gearbox and test all the actions at different cycles to ensure proper operation before it goes into the machine.

I always try to get a picture of the question I'm posting to show what's going on in our busy center, and to get input from other mechanics as yourselves. More pics to come!

Thanks again guys,
              Phil

Comment

Hi Phil, is that the same PAUL MOSER that I watched on the PBA tour? If so, was he a Brunswick mechanic before he went on tour ?
                Thanks ,Mark
                There is light at the end of the tunnel - just be sure it is not a train.

Comment

ewen

Yea thats the same Paul ... Phil and i have both been trained by hime ..Thats one guy that knows his stuff !
                  DaveZ East Providence Lanes.
                  60 Brunswick "A" Lanes
                  "B" Mech./LaneMan

Comment

Ewen,

Yep, that's him. He's a great guy with a hot ticket personality. Great instructor/mentor. He loves bowling from both ends of the masking unit. He's been a pro bowler for a very long time and won a championship I believe. He was on the cover of a bowling magazine back in the 70's. He's also in the Guiness Book of World Records.

When Paul says he's been there and done that, he definitely did!!

Most of the posts I have with the pictures are ideas he has used in the bowling industry to make life easier, and machines last longer.

C-YA,
                    Phil

Comment

I spent close to an hour on the phone with Paul today. The man knows his stuff!

Charlie [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif[/img]
                      Please buy MADE IN USA!

Comment

Helo Mark I have been in and around bowling my whole life, pinsetters since 1966. I think Bowltech is Great site to get help. One time it was a train.
                        Thank you Mark

Comment

What happened to the pics from the original post? Can someone re-up them?

Thanks,

Rob

Comment

Rob,

I'll have more pics this week of the holding fixture, and the crane.

Thanks,
                            Phil

PS. If you'd like your own pic, send me your email address, and I'll send them to you.

Thanks,
                            Phil

Comment

Topic Starter RibbonScript

Collapse

Adsense Classic 2

Collapse
                            widgetinstance 666 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.

Rake sweeping out of time, and pin launching onto lane.

I work on some nice old Brunswick A-2 pin setters. Most issues I've come across haven't been to problematic to figure out. But being I can't seem to get it to recreate the issue...

Strange sweep problem

I’m a rookie mechanic and have been working on pinsetters for 2 years. One of my lanes has a problem with a sweep possibly coasting. I don’t know what could be causing it...

GSX Distributor shaft bearings

Two part topic:
                            1. Plastic bearing (#66) used in place of regular sealed bearing (#51) -- thoughts?

2. ANY of these bearings with the black support mount...

The Legacy of the A2

I was recently disheartened to learn that a bowling center that I once serviced was actively looking to replace their A2's. I understand that most military bases and educational...

Table turning on short stroke.

Hello dear Bowltech members.
                            First let me say thank you for your time. am plagued by a big issue for three weeks now.
                            our technician is working full time on another...

Another pivot bearing broke.

One and a half year old GSX machines. This will be the 5th pivot bearing that has broke. This one decided to take out a few things with it. Snapped the stroke limiter shock stud...
                            Working...
                            X