Adsense Classic 1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Repair Buckets

Just thought I would show you guys some pics on how I reair buckets. I even repair brand new bucket before installing them. 90% of my buckets have been repaired and on the machines for almost 20 plus years and many are original. Now thats bucket life!

Re: Repair Buckets

Originally posted by Kurt:
    Just thought I would show you guys some pics on how I reair buckets. I even repair brand new bucket before installing them.
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Not to nitpick, but since one usually can't fix what isn't broken, I'd call that reinforcing, not repairing. [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/wink.gif[/img]

I'd also like to see a bit more detail on what materials you're using to reinforce the chutes, and a detailed description on how they're applied.

Comment

Hey Mok, that top pic I would say is slightly damaged, in the trash around here.
      Marty - Liberty Lanes [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/usflag.jpg[/img]
      56 Jap A-2's Qubica VDB's
      2 Kustodian Walkers
      http://s1196.photobucket.com/albums/aa408/a2mechanic

Comment

Originally posted by Liberty Lanes:
        Hey Mok, that top pic I would say is slightly damaged, in the trash around here.
        <font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Well, he did say he was repairing buckets. (Or was it "reairing" them... did they go flat?)

Comment

Well I just consider with the quality of parts now, that they are broke before you even get them. But I will post a more detailed look of what I do and materials needed if your interested tonight.

Comment

OK, speaking of buckets, has anyone tried this one, running a multi postion bucket in the 5 pin spot?? Saw that on the Brunswick Teck site the other day. I tried one lane just for the hell of it, so far so good.
            Marty - Liberty Lanes [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/usflag.jpg[/img]
            56 Jap A-2's Qubica VDB's
            2 Kustodian Walkers
            http://s1196.photobucket.com/albums/aa408/a2mechanic

Comment

I still have some on that someone used rivots and leather and then some coating over crack and rivots and I know they have been on at least 10 years and never give me a problem. I would be interested in the material used for reinforcing them, I have had some new ones crack out in 2 years before.

Drill
              Drill

David Bolt
              Champaign, IL
              USBC Silver Coach
              IBPSIA BOD
              IBPSIA Advanced
              Technical Certified
              Pro Shops

Comment

I used boat repair apoxy with the nylon screen...worked well for me.

Charlie [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif[/img]
                Please buy MADE IN USA!

Comment

Yeah Marty, we have been doing that over here for a few months now. I have noticed a pretty big drop in the number of pins laying across the 5 pin chute since I started using the universals in place of the 5... They fit up in there real nice, too. I heard about it at a from a brunswick guy who was doing a seminar. I am not even gonna mention his name. He said he would probably get into trouble if all of a sudden they didn't sell any original 5 pin buckets anymore... hehehe
                  41 years and still learning....
                  lanedoctor@hotmail.com

Comment

Yeah Marty, we have been doing that over here for a few months now. I have noticed a pretty big drop in the number of pins laying across the 5 pin chute since I started using the universals in place of the 5... They fit up in there real nice, too. I heard about it at a seminar from the brunswick guy who was doing the seminar. I am not even gonna mention his name. He said he would probably get into trouble if all of a sudden they didn't sell any original 5 pin buckets anymore... All I know is that it seems to work better than the original hehehe
                    41 years and still learning....
                    lanedoctor@hotmail.com

Comment

That deck bucket is going to enter a sack race!

I bet Masternut does not "repair" deck buckets.

JK

Comment

Originally posted by 82/70 king:
                        That deck bucket is going to enter a sack race!

I bet Masternut does not "repair" deck buckets.

JK
                        <font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Maybe...just maybe....Masternut has not yet worked in a center that has duct tape holding every bucket together and no money to spend.....I have. [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/wink.gif[/img]

Charlie [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif[/img]

ps. They had the money...they just wouldnt pry their hand loose from it. [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/mad.gif[/img]
                        Please buy MADE IN USA!

Comment

Topic Starter RibbonScript

Collapse

Adsense Classic 2

Collapse
                        widgetinstance 666 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.

Rake sweeping out of time, and pin launching onto lane.

I work on some nice old Brunswick A-2 pin setters. Most issues I've come across haven't been to problematic to figure out. But being I can't seem to get it to recreate the issue...

Strange sweep problem

I’m a rookie mechanic and have been working on pinsetters for 2 years. One of my lanes has a problem with a sweep possibly coasting. I don’t know what could be causing it...

GSX Distributor shaft bearings

Two part topic:
                        1. Plastic bearing (#66) used in place of regular sealed bearing (#51) -- thoughts?

2. ANY of these bearings with the black support mount...

The Legacy of the A2

I was recently disheartened to learn that a bowling center that I once serviced was actively looking to replace their A2's. I understand that most military bases and educational...

Table turning on short stroke.

Hello dear Bowltech members.
                        First let me say thank you for your time. am plagued by a big issue for three weeks now.
                        our technician is working full time on another...

Another pivot bearing broke.

One and a half year old GSX machines. This will be the 5th pivot bearing that has broke. This one decided to take out a few things with it. Snapped the stroke limiter shock stud...
                        Working...
                        X