Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gearbox Eccentric Upgrade (A) Pinsetters

It's me again,

We have noticed that many of our eccentrics are starting to become very worn and sloppy due to a lot of clearance between the bronze eccentric ring and the deck lowering hook assembly. We have the bronze ring machined to make it true and clean up. My boss and a close relative who is an engineer for ROLLS ROYCE&reg got together and came up with a solution to the cleareance problem. He suggested to use a strip of DELRIN between the bronze and the assembly, to take up the slack and restore proper cleareance between them. Delrin&reg is used in ROLLS ROYCE&reg engines in critical wear areas. We have done a few with this including the new gearbox on 53 and it works like a charm. I know these are very expensive and hard to come by, so this is why we decided to try this route and so far so good!

What do you guys think?

Here are the pics:

Pay attention to what your doing, and always do a clean and neat job!

Re: Gearbox Eccentric Upgrade (A) Pinsetters

How long have you been using this? Looks like an interesting idea.
    TSM & TSM Training Development
    Main Event Entertainment
    480-620-6758 for help or information

Comment

VERY, VERY, INTERESTING!! :p
      Respectfully,
      A2-Ace

Comment

JBEES,

We have been using this for a couple of years, and so far it's stood the test of time. We have a very busy house, with 43 year old pinsetters (60 of them). This is a great way to keep the old parts lasting longer and with Delrin&reg, it might outlast me and I'm only 31!!

As the old saying goes, there's nothing like brand new parts, but these cost about $200 +/- not counting labor. I'd stick with the Delrin&reg!

Comment

Wow....neato idea

Couldn't help notice how clean the gearbox was.....do you have any other machines pics like that.....maybe they can be posted in the gallery. I know this is off topic....sorry.

By the way, I would compliment the masculine hands, but you know...... [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif[/img]

Joey

Comment

I spoke to Paul about it this afternoon. I wold like to try to produce the material out of the ENVRO material.

I will be in touch.

Charlie [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif[/img]
            Please buy MADE IN USA!

Comment

Hey Houseball,

Checkout the pics on the gearbox tools. There'll be more to come.

C-YA,
              Phil

Comment

paul to Joey My hands got like this because I work

on Brunswick pinsetters this is on reason why I can not bowl.

Comment

paul to Joey My hands got like this because I work

on Brunswick pinsetters this is one reason why I can not bowl.

Comment

Hi Mr. Moser, welcome to bowltech. I did not know that you could turn a wrench as well as you throw a bowling ball. [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif[/img] I used to watch you on the televised finals of the PBA tour on Saturdays. Were you a tech before you were on tour ?

Mark Ewen
                    There is light at the end of the tunnel - just be sure it is not a train.

Comment

Topic Starter RibbonScript

Collapse

Adsense Classic 2

Collapse
                    widgetinstance 666 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.

Rake sweeping out of time, and pin launching onto lane.

I work on some nice old Brunswick A-2 pin setters. Most issues I've come across haven't been to problematic to figure out. But being I can't seem to get it to recreate the issue...

Strange sweep problem

I’m a rookie mechanic and have been working on pinsetters for 2 years. One of my lanes has a problem with a sweep possibly coasting. I don’t know what could be causing it...

GSX Distributor shaft bearings

Two part topic:
                    1. Plastic bearing (#66) used in place of regular sealed bearing (#51) -- thoughts?

2. ANY of these bearings with the black support mount...

The Legacy of the A2

I was recently disheartened to learn that a bowling center that I once serviced was actively looking to replace their A2's. I understand that most military bases and educational...

Table turning on short stroke.

Hello dear Bowltech members.
                    First let me say thank you for your time. am plagued by a big issue for three weeks now.
                    our technician is working full time on another...

Another pivot bearing broke.

One and a half year old GSX machines. This will be the 5th pivot bearing that has broke. This one decided to take out a few things with it. Snapped the stroke limiter shock stud...
                    Working...
                    X