Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 90 stops

Hello
    I have only been working on A-2 pinsetters for 4 years now and in the last month or so I have 2 machines that will 90 stop. I can press the reset button and this will clear the stop along with turning off the main breaker and waiting 10 sec. and turning the breaker back on. I have also changed time delay moduals. Nothing seems to work to resolve my problem. I have frameworks scoring and use centermaster at the counter.
    please help
    I C the mechanic. I B the mechanic. I am A mechanic.

Re: 90 stops

My guess:

Clutch lever is not being stopped at 0 degrees. First check clutch timing (rake crank aligned with center of 4:1 shaft). Make sure that the clutch lever is able to clear the top of the clutch stop lever. If it barely moves above it, then the clutch shoes and/or clutch disc facing is worn. Replace as needed.

I've also seen the small bearing on the end of the clutch lever worn with a flat spot. This will let it slip past the stop lever at 0 degrees.

Quick and easy way to determine if this is the problem: hook a light-tension spring from the pin on the clutch lever to the top of the cycle solenoid cover. This will hold the clutch lever up high enough for the stop lever to get under it.
    "I've got 3 boards to play... and they all have arrows on them."

Comment

You say it is stopping at 90 degrees...how did you determine this? Or are you seeing the rake down and assuming it is 90 degrees. Sounds like the rake trip latch is not staying locked and as the machine is trying to raise the rake at 360 degrees, it just isn't. I see quite a few people see a machine stopped with the rake down and just assume it is at 90 degrees...you may also be having fail to triggers due to a weak solenoid. The next time it stops, look on the side of the detector...there is a line scribed into the main shaft...it will be pointing at a number. Look to see what number the line is pointing at.
      TSM & TSM Training Development
      Main Event Entertainment
      480-620-6758 for help or information

Comment

Hello,

Make sure you're shotgun is working as it should. If the micro is too sensitive, it'll drop the rake, as well as a bad solenoid for the shotgun.

Just a thought,
        Phil
        Pay attention to what your doing, and always do a clean and neat job!

Comment

Is it a 90 stop? Or is the rake just down. Look at your cams. If the rake just drops and no trigger happens, check your cycle solenoid, and your rake switch in your elec box. Try to trigger the machine when you get the call, using the lever that contacts the rake swtich. You might want to check your cycle solenoid adjustmnets,and even binding in the trigger assembly.
          Hard work and determination is the answer to all problems.

Comment

Is it stopping at 90 AFTER a 0 degree stop and a trigger, or is it coasting past 0 to a 90 stop.

If it's triggering at 0 and stopping at 90 it would be something like the 180 link is just a hair to low or broken rollers or a bind in the banana tree.

If it's coasting past 0 with the clutch reset lever holding down the latch and set up for a stop, it could be the clutch backstop(A's) facing is gone, the worm shaft locknut is loose-letting the worm shaft move in and out slightly thowing the clutch backstop adjustment off, or the clutch is just miss adjusted/total worn out. If this is any where close to the problem, rebuild/convert the clutch to the new confiquration. And if the clutch lever just isn't getting up high enough to let the other lever under to block it and you need to spring it up for clearence, then it needs a rebuild and mod kit on the bottom of the yoke, plus shoes, plus facings,seals,gaskets, probable bearings on the shaft, a good cleaning, some TLC, and maybe a kiss. Be nice to your machines and tear down your clutches every year for servicing. their just like women, they like to be looked at.
            BEER: It's not just for breakfast anymore.

Comment

Thanks for all of the advice. I am not really sure if it is a true 90 stop. The problem will only happen a few times and the bowlers will push the reset button and then the machine will cycle,so I cant say yes this is a 90 stop because I am not able to see what position the machine is actually in. This problem happens on first or second ball at any given time. I will check all of the advice and let every one know.
              Thanks again Gaylon

Comment

Originally posted by jimlong:

If it's triggering at 0 and stopping at 90 it would be something like the 180 link is just a hair to low or broken rollers or a bind in the banana tree.

<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">OK...I'll bite...what is a bind in a banana tree??? Where is a banana tree???
                TSM & TSM Training Development
                Main Event Entertainment
                480-620-6758 for help or information

Comment

Problem Solved
                  Plunger was worn where the pin and the link on the plunger attach. Rake was down which looked like a 90 stop, but machine really not triggering.
                  Thanks for the help
                  Gaylon

Comment

IM gonna say thanx to guys it was driving gaylon nuts hahaha
                    What do you mean! There were spare parts?

Comment

GAYLON,
                      why were you calling it a 90 stop with only the rake down. the gearbox is still at zero right.
                      to me a 90 is the deck sitting on standing pins and the gearbox is at 90 too.
                      what do you call it when some idiot throws a ball down with the machine off.
                      if things aren't going right just use a bigger hammer! DIRT

Comment

Topic Starter RibbonScript

Collapse

Adsense Classic 2

Collapse
                      widgetinstance 666 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.

Rake sweeping out of time, and pin launching onto lane.

I work on some nice old Brunswick A-2 pin setters. Most issues I've come across haven't been to problematic to figure out. But being I can't seem to get it to recreate the issue...

Strange sweep problem

I’m a rookie mechanic and have been working on pinsetters for 2 years. One of my lanes has a problem with a sweep possibly coasting. I don’t know what could be causing it...

GSX Distributor shaft bearings

Two part topic:
                      1. Plastic bearing (#66) used in place of regular sealed bearing (#51) -- thoughts?

2. ANY of these bearings with the black support mount...

The Legacy of the A2

I was recently disheartened to learn that a bowling center that I once serviced was actively looking to replace their A2's. I understand that most military bases and educational...

Table turning on short stroke.

Hello dear Bowltech members.
                      First let me say thank you for your time. am plagued by a big issue for three weeks now.
                      our technician is working full time on another...

Another pivot bearing broke.

One and a half year old GSX machines. This will be the 5th pivot bearing that has broke. This one decided to take out a few things with it. Snapped the stroke limiter shock stud...
                      Working...
                      X