Adsense Classic 1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• machine speeds

What's the difference in speeds from the A's, A-2's? also is a Jet Back a different machine? just wondering we have converted A's to A-2's and we recently slowed them down to reduce bad pin spots, it works on all but 7 & 8, the deck seems to shift good, new deck cables all around, new spotting fingers, new deck rollers, all adjustments on cables are good, very frustrated [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/mad.gif[/img]

soon to be great [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/usflag.jpg[/img]

Re: machine speeds

First noting the problem with pinspotting on first ball. Check your stablizer arms. Check to see if the arms/rods are bent or if the rod ends are sloppy. Sloppy rod ends can cause the deck assembly to do the hula with the moving deck shifts. You can check for worn rod ends by trying to push the front of the deck assembly up and down, if it moves too much, that's prolly the culprit.

Now the speed question, I THINK (but not certain) that the A2 speed is the fastest....Jet back being the slowest, but I know if I am wrong I will be soon corrected. Many mechanics swear to the slower speed for smoother pinspotting, moving deck movement and overall gearbox performance. I understand their logic. I wish we were smooth and steady. What's the point of having a fast gearbox speed, if we have booster wheels returning the balls. After all, the machine is done with the cycle and the bowler is still waiting for the ball to return. Then I have to fetch a "phantom call".....Hooray for me....finally i can lose wieght. LOL.

In fact I have a gearbox here that you can hear the snap of the moving deck scissor cam down the street, but head mechanic wants to wait till it fails, I guess I may have overtime coming soon [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif[/img] .

Ta Ta for now

Joey

Comment

A2 = fastest
      Jetback = medium
      A = slowest = best

I switched mine from Jetback to A and no one notice that i slowed the machines down...they thought i speed my ball returns up. Don't be suckered by "B" prices. I've been trying to figure out why an "A" pulley is $90+ and an "A2" pulley is $50 or so. Get the pulleys from grainger and save yourself a ton.

Alex
      Conditioner: Pantene Pro-V Brunette Expressions with Color Enhancer
      Cleaner: Fabuloso Spring Fresh with Bleach Alternative
      Cloth: ShamWow!
      Machine: Johnny 5
      Surface: Melamine-impregnated, phenolic-treated, high pressure pressed craft paper

Comment

Hello, On 7&8 check out your gearboxes. Look for slop in the 1:1. Is the machine stopping at 0? Watch moving deck. Does it jump forward when the machine starts it's first ball cycle? If it does adjust gearbox yoke assy until that movement stops. Good luck, Jack

Comment

Can someone post the number for the model a pulley from Grainger,i slowed down 2 machines when i got this place and since then i really don't get ANY problems as i do with the j/b pulley speed.Me tinks these machines like and want the model a pullies,i know i do,it's sooo much smoother all around,besides...ya can't speed up the bowlers so why have the machines go fast.
          The slower puley seems to allow things to shall i say,"fall into place better"like index latches etc.All i know is i need the number.
          Use what you have to,to get it through the shift then fix it right.Do it right and live through the night...Safety first!

Comment

Thanks guy's, that's cleared up. I'll post part #"s later tonight when I get home. We get too busy on friday night's to use computer. We got parts from Grainger and the best part of it is cost, only like $25.

Comment

@ $25 a pully i might be able to talk the boss into slowing are's down.
              hows about a post from some of U that use granger parts and numbers. a list so us poor folks..
              you know pullys, belts, exc....kind of a bowl-tec parts book.. ??
              ~~(__)8>
              ~~(__)B>

Comment

Originally posted by shamefowjze:
                A2 = fastest
                Jetback = medium
                A = slowest = best

I switched mine from Jetback to A and no one notice that i slowed the machines down...they thought i speed my ball returns up. Don't be suckered by "B" prices. I've been trying to figure out why an "A" pulley is $90+ and an "A2" pulley is $50 or so. Get the pulleys from grainger and save yourself a ton.

Alex
                <font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">I think William has one slower...he calls it "creepy speed"

Charlie [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif[/img]
                Please buy MADE IN USA!

Comment

I think if you charge by the hour, slow the machines down, If by the game speed them bad boys up and get them outa there. [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

Originally posted by Kurt:
                    I think if you charge by the hour, slow the machines down, If by the game speed them bad boys up and get them outa there. [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif[/img]
                    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">When I explain to newbies about the speed difference in machines...they always want to know why "B" sped up the machines. I tell them to think of bowlers as cattle...head em up...head em out. Get the next ones in and out. The more cattle you can move through your center...the more money you make. And in the early to mid 60's, you couldn't move them fast enough...so "B" sold faster machines.

moo [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/wink.gif[/img]
                    TSM & TSM Training Development
                    Main Event Entertainment
                    480-620-6758 for help or information

Comment

I apologize I forgot Grainger #'s at work, anyways I ran a test, and the machine running at A-2 speed was 2 min faster than the A speed, big whoop I said to the boss, besides the machine running faster has more problems, when I tested, pins had more time to load in the turrett, and bowlers didn't have to wait for pins. the average bowler in our center waits for the machine to cycle completely before they throw another ball (thank god). it took a while to get it through open bowlers heads that rake hits cost the consumer more to bowl, after some teen-agers broke a rake board, and bent rake arm I showed them what a rake assembly and board costs and told them they were going to pay for them, well they listened very well and they don't screw around anymore in our place.

Comment

Originally posted by pwrstroker:
                        I apologize I forgot Grainger #'s at work, anyways I ran a test, and the machine running at A-2 speed was 2 min faster than the A speed
                        <font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">2 minutes faster across how much time?
                        TSM & TSM Training Development
                        Main Event Entertainment
                        480-620-6758 for help or information

Comment

pwrstroker what was that part number for granger ??
                          would the Granger #1l842 3-step pully work.?
                          5-4-3. or do i need to get two pullys at 5 /14 and 3/14. thanks.
                          ~~(__)B&gt;

Comment

'm posting te part numbers off he top f my head so fogive me if I'm off.
                            4HZ76...G/box
                            4HZ79...Elevator

I think to purchase the two together is in the $30.00 range. William does indeed run a slower speed, which he refershto as "creepy". I don'tkow the specifics of it but he did get the pulley from Grainger. This is by far one of the best investments you can makefor your pinsetters. I'm running "A2" speed on my neew machines but I'm going to "A" as soon as I can afford it.

Alex
                            Conditioner: Pantene Pro-V Brunette Expressions with Color Enhancer
                            Cleaner: Fabuloso Spring Fresh with Bleach Alternative
                            Cloth: ShamWow!
                            Machine: Johnny 5
                            Surface: Melamine-impregnated, phenolic-treated, high pressure pressed craft paper

Comment

Just thought I'd throw this into the mix...If you're going to slow down the machine speed, why not slow down the ball wheel speed while you're there?

Just curious.
                              Pay attention to what your doing, and always do a clean and neat job!

Comment

Topic Starter RibbonScript

Collapse

Adsense Classic 2

Collapse
                              widgetinstance 666 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.

Rake sweeping out of time, and pin launching onto lane.

I work on some nice old Brunswick A-2 pin setters. Most issues I've come across haven't been to problematic to figure out. But being I can't seem to get it to recreate the issue...

Strange sweep problem

I’m a rookie mechanic and have been working on pinsetters for 2 years. One of my lanes has a problem with a sweep possibly coasting. I don’t know what could be causing it...

GSX Distributor shaft bearings

Two part topic:
                              1. Plastic bearing (#66) used in place of regular sealed bearing (#51) -- thoughts?

2. ANY of these bearings with the black support mount...

The Legacy of the A2

I was recently disheartened to learn that a bowling center that I once serviced was actively looking to replace their A2's. I understand that most military bases and educational...

Table turning on short stroke.

Hello dear Bowltech members.
                              First let me say thank you for your time. am plagued by a big issue for three weeks now.
                              our technician is working full time on another...

Another pivot bearing broke.

One and a half year old GSX machines. This will be the 5th pivot bearing that has broke. This one decided to take out a few things with it. Snapped the stroke limiter shock stud...
                              Working...
                              X