Adsense Classic 1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Flag on Interlock Shaft

I went into work at the center a couple days ago, when I came across a note from the guy working the previous night. Turns out one of the pinsetters would not drop the pins from the turret.

So I go take a look and I notice the moving deck interlock blocking finger was in the down position. So I put the machine in 270 setting new pins to check the adjustment. When I take a look at the position of the flag on the interlock shaft in relationship to the hub on the moving deck cam follower. The flag was behind the hub instead of being in front of it. The flag was not flimsy in any way to allow it slide by the hub. The roll pins in the interlock shaft were all in place so the shaft could not slide around. I have no clue as to how the flag got behind the hub on that follower. Also, the 1st and 2nd ball light adjustment was way off.

I get the adjustments fixed and the machine ran fine during a tournament squad. So I figure I got the kinks worked out. A few things worry me. How did the flag get behind the hub and can it happen again soon?

So does anyone out there know what could have happened? Is there something else that I need to check? Even though the machine is running fine, you just never know.....

Thanks for your help,

Joey

Re: Flag on Interlock Shaft

I've had this happen before. There is a chance that the interlock shaft itself is bent. Or maybe someone just messed with it and didn't know what they were doing!

Comment

I seriously doubt that the night guy messed with because he's only been there for about 2 months. He knows very little and doesn't even know about the interlocks. He just knows the basic stuff get through little leagues and some nights. I've been paged and called a couple times for machine problem.

I will check for a bent shaft my next day in.

Thanks,

JOEY

Comment

I have seen this several times,usually it happens when a 1:1 is running retarded(bad keyway) when the correct adjustment is made at 0 degrees, the moving deck cam is still not on the high of the cam,so the adjustment is made even more to make flag bring finger up. in the end what happens is the flag is now in a too far rearword placement and the flag actully is too far rearward for hub to catch. Also if the "pin" project on the F.D.finger is bent or missing the Flag is able to fall too far rearward also.Hope that makes sence.
        Peanut

Comment

Did I read this right...

"So I put the machine in 270 setting new pins to check the adjustment. When I take a look at the position of the flag on the interlock shaft in relationship to the hub on the moving deck cam follower. The flag was behind the hub instead of being in front of it."

You stated at 270 degrees setting new pins, the flag was behind the hub? The hub would be like 6 inches away from it in that position...because the moving deck cam follower is all the way back towards the 1:1. [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/confused.gif[/img]
          TSM & TSM Training Development
          Main Event Entertainment
          480-620-6758 for help or information

Comment

Sorry Steve, I messed up on what I said I did....

When I adjusted the flag, I set the machine at 90 but I hold the deck lowering hook clear of the pin on the deck lift shaft. That way I would have room to work while made the adjustment with the moving deck cam follower in the most forward position. Of course, I made sure there were no pins on the pin deck. as this would defeat the purpose of hold the deck hold hook clear of the pin on the deck lift shaft.

Sorry for my goof on the description.

Thanks,

JOEY

Comment

Did the deck cable come off the previous night? Only way I can figure it is if the cable was off and the deck came up with the 7 pin bucket jamming into the flag before it could move forward of the hub. That would push it back enough.
              "I've got 3 boards to play... and they all have arrows on them."

Comment

Topic Starter RibbonScript

Collapse

Adsense Classic 2

Collapse
              widgetinstance 666 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.

Rake sweeping out of time, and pin launching onto lane.

I work on some nice old Brunswick A-2 pin setters. Most issues I've come across haven't been to problematic to figure out. But being I can't seem to get it to recreate the issue...

Strange sweep problem

I’m a rookie mechanic and have been working on pinsetters for 2 years. One of my lanes has a problem with a sweep possibly coasting. I don’t know what could be causing it...

GSX Distributor shaft bearings

Two part topic:
              1. Plastic bearing (#66) used in place of regular sealed bearing (#51) -- thoughts?

2. ANY of these bearings with the black support mount...

The Legacy of the A2

I was recently disheartened to learn that a bowling center that I once serviced was actively looking to replace their A2's. I understand that most military bases and educational...

Table turning on short stroke.

Hello dear Bowltech members.
              First let me say thank you for your time. am plagued by a big issue for three weeks now.
              our technician is working full time on another...

Another pivot bearing broke.

One and a half year old GSX machines. This will be the 5th pivot bearing that has broke. This one decided to take out a few things with it. Snapped the stroke limiter shock stud...
              Working...
              X