Adsense Classic 1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• bent rake crank arm

i have a lane that has bent the rake crank arm 3 times in the past two years. i think that the rake is dropping behind the tail plank and getting caught as the deck comes down. but ive never seen it happen. i checked all of the rake adj every time it has happened and it looks like the rake lowering stop bracket adj is off. is that the only thing that keeps the rake board from dropping behind the tail plank if the shotgun unlatches ? or is there something else im missing. do you think i should install a collapsible rake crank rod? thanks for any ideas.

Re: bent rake crank arm

Jaysen, I would install a collapsable "pogo stick" on the machine. I would also rebuild or replace the "shotgun ". Another possible cause for the bent rod is that the rake is being hit with a bowling ball. You are correct in that the rake lowering stop function is to stop the rake from dropping behind the tailplank if the shotgun becomes unlatched . If the stop is constantly out of adjustment, I would conclude that the shotgun is becoming unlatched quite often, and over time is finally pushing the stop out of adjustment, or the force of a thrown ball , hitting the rake , is forcing the stop out of adjustment.
    There is light at the end of the tunnel - just be sure it is not a train.

Comment

Also dont use the book adjustment cycle about half way through the sweep 135 degress and make sure the rake is 1 inch above the deck little trick i was shown
      What do you mean! There were spare parts?

Comment

Originally posted by Spiderman:
        Also dont use the book adjustment cycle about half way through the sweep 135 degress and make sure the rake is 1 inch above the deck little trick i was shown
        <font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Are you sure you know your adjustments???? It is only 5/8 of an inch NOT 1 inch. If you were told it was aninch then someone told you wrong. it cant be more than 3/4 of an inch..

by the way I would rebuild my shotgun. it may be one of the bearings that are worn. I had that problem befor.

Comment

If you are bending crank rods, another thing to check is the transfer point from the flat gutters to the round gutters. If the woodwork is very old, you can get a notch or ledge that the rake can catch on if the shotgun releases while the rake is sweeping. If the rake board sticks, it can cause a bent hook as well as the crank.

Roger

Comment

Roger has a great point, I always Run a pinsetter to it has just past the transition area of the two gutters. I then unlock the shotgun and push the rake back and forward to test if the rake will transfer and not bind on the trasition block. If it binds you need to shim as requird. It is not uncommon for a shotgun to come unlocked if a ball hits it during a cycle.If it gets cault hte rke crank arm will bend up about 2-3".
            Peanut

Comment

Topic Starter RibbonScript

Collapse

Adsense Classic 2

Collapse
            widgetinstance 666 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.

Rake sweeping out of time, and pin launching onto lane.

I work on some nice old Brunswick A-2 pin setters. Most issues I've come across haven't been to problematic to figure out. But being I can't seem to get it to recreate the issue...

Strange sweep problem

I’m a rookie mechanic and have been working on pinsetters for 2 years. One of my lanes has a problem with a sweep possibly coasting. I don’t know what could be causing it...

GSX Distributor shaft bearings

Two part topic:
            1. Plastic bearing (#66) used in place of regular sealed bearing (#51) -- thoughts?

2. ANY of these bearings with the black support mount...

The Legacy of the A2

I was recently disheartened to learn that a bowling center that I once serviced was actively looking to replace their A2's. I understand that most military bases and educational...

Table turning on short stroke.

Hello dear Bowltech members.
            First let me say thank you for your time. am plagued by a big issue for three weeks now.
            our technician is working full time on another...

Another pivot bearing broke.

One and a half year old GSX machines. This will be the 5th pivot bearing that has broke. This one decided to take out a few things with it. Snapped the stroke limiter shock stud...
            Working...
            X