Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• carpet covers

Hi Guys,
    I have been using carpet covers from Tress-Up in Metairie Louisiana. I am getting ready to order a new set as these are shot. Does anyone have a strong opinion as to which covers are the best? I do not want to use the hard covers. I like being able to throw them into the washer...
    41 years and still learning....
    lanedoctor@hotmail.com

Re: carpet covers

How much are you paying for your carpet covers?. I recently tried out a thing from Pin Movers, its no clothe and its urethan and man it was a good deal 49.00 for one and man does it require NO Maint. not only that but the pins are clusterd at the pin wheel so fast its great you could run your machine with 18 pins and bearly no the difference.

Tony

Comment

Those are just belting material like the carpet belts off an AMF 82-70. They will get dirty unless you get under there and scrub them. Get used to cleaning pins by hand.
      "I've got 3 boards to play... and they all have arrows on them."

Comment

oh no they are not, they are the best thing i have ever seen. im going on six months with no cleaning of pins or anthing , the only thing i have done is use my lane stripper and wiped them down once a month and thats about it

Comment

I use to use the original whites brom Brunswick, then I switched to the grey from Quality. Now I swear by ed fox's Covers...can't beat the price $8 each.

Alex
          Conditioner: Pantene Pro-V Brunette Expressions with Color Enhancer
          Cleaner: Fabuloso Spring Fresh with Bleach Alternative
          Cloth: ShamWow!
          Machine: Johnny 5
          Surface: Melamine-impregnated, phenolic-treated, high pressure pressed craft paper

Comment

$8.00 a piece ???? ED !!!!
            Marty- Liberty Lanes
            56 Jap A-2's Qubica VDB's
            2 Kustodian Walkers
            http://s1196.photobucket.com/albums/aa408/a2mechanic

Comment

We have the cotton ones, some black ones from Quality or Brunswick. And, the last ones we got were the pin pushers from EBN services. I personally like the ones from EBN services. They have the wide velcro and really do push the pins toward the pin elevator wheel. For whatever it is worth.
              Howard

Comment

Originally posted by shamefowjze:
                I use to use the original whites brom Brunswick, then I switched to the grey from Quality. Now I swear by ed fox's Covers...can't beat the price $8 each.

Alex
                <font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Hey...I take it your going to make good on the other $14.00????? [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/eek.gif[/img]

Nice try though [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/wink.gif[/img]

Charlie [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif[/img]
                Please buy MADE IN USA!

Comment

Sexual favors included for all orders of more than 10 carpet covers from EBN services.

JK

Comment

Originally posted by 82/70 king:
                    Sexual favors included for all orders of more than 10 carpet covers from EBN services.

JK
                    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Hey Jerry, this is the B R U N S W I C K
                    board . Whadda ya doin on here? :p
                    I would bet that you are trying to figure a way to put the carpet covers on your plows. Since you have 16 machines , you would certainly qualify for the more than 10 order [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif[/img]
                    Or, are you trying to say that if you place an order of more than 10 covers, you get "screwed" [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/eek.gif[/img] by EBN ? [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/wink.gif[/img] [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif[/img]
                    There is light at the end of the tunnel - just be sure it is not a train.

Comment

Originally posted by E&amp;O Bowl Mechanic:
                      oh no they are not, they are the best thing i have ever seen. im going on six months with no cleaning of pins or anthing , the only thing i have done is use my lane stripper and wiped them down once a month and thats about it
                      <font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">I must be thinking of something else. One center I briefly worked at had this belting material from Pin Movers out of Arkansas, I think. We had to use screws and fender washers to hold it down to the board. They worked fine, but cleaning them was virtually impossible once the dirt caked up on the rear. And this place was dirty.
                      &quot;I've got 3 boards to play... and they all have arrows on them.&quot;

Comment

I also tried a Pin Mover. Really hard to keep clean, and scratched the pins. Had to hand clean the pins in that lane once a week. It was a black belt like material, that was screwed to the pit board. I pulled it off!! Went back to just plain pit carpet cover on that lane.

billman
                        let me be myself

Comment

I installed Quality urethane HD carpet covers about 6 years ago and I like them. They do require cleaning several times a week , but any cover will need cleaning, its just faster with the urethane covers because you don't have to change them out and wash that set. Just spray and wipe away dirt and grime. Also, for easier install and removal I installed 2 inch velcro along the sides and center of the covers. We do have to clean pins ocassionally.

Comment

[/qb][/QUOTE]Hey...I take it your going to make good on the other $14.00????? [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/eek.gif[/img]

Nice try though [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/wink.gif[/img]

Charlie [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif[/img] [/QB][/QUOTE]

That would explain why I was over budget

Alex
                            Conditioner: Pantene Pro-V Brunette Expressions with Color Enhancer
                            Cleaner: Fabuloso Spring Fresh with Bleach Alternative
                            Cloth: ShamWow!
                            Machine: Johnny 5
                            Surface: Melamine-impregnated, phenolic-treated, high pressure pressed craft paper

Comment

well, I e-mailed a guy about sending me a sample of his "wonder cover. He didn't even bother to respond, so I can assume he is not interested... It's a pity since our chain has almost 900 lane beds. I guess I will try the Quality cover.
                              41 years and still learning....
                              lanedoctor@hotmail.com

Comment

Topic Starter RibbonScript

Collapse

Adsense Classic 2

Collapse
                              widgetinstance 666 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.

Rake sweeping out of time, and pin launching onto lane.

I work on some nice old Brunswick A-2 pin setters. Most issues I've come across haven't been to problematic to figure out. But being I can't seem to get it to recreate the issue...

Strange sweep problem

I’m a rookie mechanic and have been working on pinsetters for 2 years. One of my lanes has a problem with a sweep possibly coasting. I don’t know what could be causing it...

GSX Distributor shaft bearings

Two part topic:
                              1. Plastic bearing (#66) used in place of regular sealed bearing (#51) -- thoughts?

2. ANY of these bearings with the black support mount...

The Legacy of the A2

I was recently disheartened to learn that a bowling center that I once serviced was actively looking to replace their A2's. I understand that most military bases and educational...

Table turning on short stroke.

Hello dear Bowltech members.
                              First let me say thank you for your time. am plagued by a big issue for three weeks now.
                              our technician is working full time on another...

Another pivot bearing broke.

One and a half year old GSX machines. This will be the 5th pivot bearing that has broke. This one decided to take out a few things with it. Snapped the stroke limiter shock stud...
                              Working...
                              X