Adsense Classic 1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• And yet another post on carpet covers

(Didn't want to hijack the other thread.)

We're having trouble with out carpet covers not wanting to latch onto some of our pit carpets -- namely, the ones that look like they need a shave. Any ideas on how to go about this? Scissors don't seem to work too well, and don't get as close to the surface as I'd like.

I don't suppose anybody has a set of those electric barbers' clippers floating around...

Re: And yet another post on carpet covers

Some of our pit carpets are in the condition you describe, but I don't have a problem with the carpet covers staying in place.....

Here's a little trick I do with carpet covers to get them to stay in place. Most pit boards have carpet that curls over the edge of the front of the board right behind the pin deck. I simply put the long velcro piece of the carpet cover on this part of the pit carpet. Then you velcro the rest of the cover as you normally would. Of course, this can only be done this way if you have a quick release design pit frame. The three bolt design covers this part of the carpet. I hope you figure out what I am saying, I know that I can be very confusing. Lemme know if you need me to clarify.

JOEY

Comment

The main thing I learned was to fold the covers in half, velcro to velcro before washing them. also never wask them with anything that has nap... like towels or dustmops
      41 years and still learning....
      lanedoctor@hotmail.com

Comment

Originally posted by lanedoctor:
        The main thing I learned was to fold the covers in half, velcro to velcro before washing them. also never wask them with anything that has nap... like towels or dustmops
        <font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">I agree with Lanedoctor...We do the same exact thing, and we have had no problems with the carpet covers, except when some one decides not to fold them first. This also makes them last longer.

Phil
        Pay attention to what your doing, and always do a clean and neat job!

Comment

Originally posted by lanedoctor:
          <font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Standard practice here. I don't think the velcro is the issue, although on the affected pit carpets I make sure and use the newest covers available, with the best velcro on them. (And we're getting more.) On the other pit carpets, even the covers with the not-so-good velcro on them hold like iron -- that's why I'm looking to "shave" or trim the ones I'm having trouble with.

Houseball: if you're referring to the pit boards that can be removed by opening two clamps, then yes, we have those. Maybe I'll give your idea a try, but I still want to see if I can get my hippie pit carpets to get a haircut. [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/wink.gif[/img] Now, if the carpet covers were wide enough to allow the clamps to hold them in place...

Comment

MOK...

Comment

MOK...

I do not clamp the carpet covers in place....I use just the velcro. Just put the long velcro piece on the part of the carpet that is over the front edge of the board. Doing it this way will actually put the carpet cover over clamping levers. I know, I know, velcro does not stick to metal, but I have had no problems with it. The carpet covers stay in place for me.

JOEY

Comment

If you have OEM carpet or some high quality after-market carpet, just take the boards out and pressure wash them using Tide to get out the dirt. This will "freshen up" the pile of the carpet and allow the velcro to stick. If you have scrap carpet or some thin crap, rip it out and put the good stuff in there.

When I came back to my center, the previous guy had put some thin junk carpet on 18 of 24 pit boards. The stuff would not hold the covers and was actually pulverized in the center of the pit boards. I now have all of them with the correct carpet and use the gray polyester type covers from Quality.

I don't bother folding them, but I only wash them 4 or 5 at a time by themselves. If you have the cotton type, then definitely fold those or they will hang up on themselves in the dryer.
                &quot;I've got 3 boards to play... and they all have arrows on them.&quot;

Comment

Mok,
                  Try pulling the pit board out of the machine and use a propane torch to "shorten" the nap in that area. I would NOT do that while in a machine. Just a thought.

Alex
                  Conditioner: Pantene Pro-V Brunette Expressions with Color Enhancer
                  Cleaner: Fabuloso Spring Fresh with Bleach Alternative
                  Cloth: ShamWow!
                  Machine: Johnny 5
                  Surface: Melamine-impregnated, phenolic-treated, high pressure pressed craft paper

Comment

Topic Starter RibbonScript

Collapse

Adsense Classic 2

Collapse
                  widgetinstance 666 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.

Rake sweeping out of time, and pin launching onto lane.

I work on some nice old Brunswick A-2 pin setters. Most issues I've come across haven't been to problematic to figure out. But being I can't seem to get it to recreate the issue...

Strange sweep problem

I’m a rookie mechanic and have been working on pinsetters for 2 years. One of my lanes has a problem with a sweep possibly coasting. I don’t know what could be causing it...

GSX Distributor shaft bearings

Two part topic:
                  1. Plastic bearing (#66) used in place of regular sealed bearing (#51) -- thoughts?

2. ANY of these bearings with the black support mount...

The Legacy of the A2

I was recently disheartened to learn that a bowling center that I once serviced was actively looking to replace their A2's. I understand that most military bases and educational...

Table turning on short stroke.

Hello dear Bowltech members.
                  First let me say thank you for your time. am plagued by a big issue for three weeks now.
                  our technician is working full time on another...

Another pivot bearing broke.

One and a half year old GSX machines. This will be the 5th pivot bearing that has broke. This one decided to take out a few things with it. Snapped the stroke limiter shock stud...
                  Working...
                  X