Adsense Classic 1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• off spot pins,need to move machine

Pins are off spot to the right(twords 10 side),i have to move machine over,no more room to shift via deck posts,i'm off about 1/2 inch or a bit less.Can i loosen the feet and whack the legs to shift it over or do i need to do more work like loosen something else or what.
    It had a broken lift shaft welded but i think it wasn't straightened good enough so i'm now off spot.Need to move it over.Looking at the legs,there seems to be enough room to shift it over and then be on spot.
    Use what you have to,to get it through the shift then fix it right.Do it right and live through the night...Safety first!

Re: off spot pins,need to move machine

Gearhead,
    you can move the front half of the machine side-to-side, forward, backward, even twist it. You need to make sure your booster assembly (unless you have accelerators) is loosened up or it will hinder you from moving your machine. Loosen up the 3/4" nuts on the feet, and you're pretty much able to slide the machine around, as much as the neighboring feet will allow. If you have an old pit jogger shaft, it might help pry the machine.
    Good luck. Adjusting spotting is such family fun.

Comment

Don't forget to loosen the motor mount and "J" bolts on the cross conveyor. A "come-along" is the easy way, more precise than the shove and hope method:

Kevin

Comment

hey gearhead
        On my A-2s I have cut 3 12"x12"x3/4" plywood and placed one under 1,7,&10 pins whith the machine at 270 resting on the plywood, if you have adjustable deck lift stabilizer's you can move the deck by adjusting the stabilizer on each side of the deck. This will rotate as well as raise and lower the front of the deck.that where the plywood comes into play. If all 3 pieces of plywood are moveable under the deck then all corners of the deck are the same and the pins should be setting correctly. only one turn at a time on either stabilizer.

hope this helps
        Gaylon
        I C the mechanic. I B the mechanic. I am A mechanic.

Comment

Look at your rake ?compared to the lane,and deck to see if you are able to slode frame over....if moving the frame over puts the rake hitting the side of lane,you may have to deal with your eck shaft.
          Peanut

Comment

Hi - I have done a lot of spotting on installation etc. Gaylon & Masternut are on the ball - you MUST make sure the front end of the machine is central to the lane before making any other spotting adjustments. If the rake board is central in both gutters you are on your way! Then you can spot the machine via the 3/4 bolts that mount the static (non moving) part of the deck, or the stabiliser arms, or slide the whole deck L - R on the deck post bearing clamps. Don't be afraid to play around & you will learn from this but make sure you get the machine central to the lane first of all. Also keep in mind your deck height & level. Good Luck. [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif[/img]

Comment

Topic Starter RibbonScript

Collapse

Adsense Classic 2

Collapse
            widgetinstance 666 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.

Rake sweeping out of time, and pin launching onto lane.

I work on some nice old Brunswick A-2 pin setters. Most issues I've come across haven't been to problematic to figure out. But being I can't seem to get it to recreate the issue...

Strange sweep problem

I’m a rookie mechanic and have been working on pinsetters for 2 years. One of my lanes has a problem with a sweep possibly coasting. I don’t know what could be causing it...

GSX Distributor shaft bearings

Two part topic:
            1. Plastic bearing (#66) used in place of regular sealed bearing (#51) -- thoughts?

2. ANY of these bearings with the black support mount...

The Legacy of the A2

I was recently disheartened to learn that a bowling center that I once serviced was actively looking to replace their A2's. I understand that most military bases and educational...

Table turning on short stroke.

Hello dear Bowltech members.
            First let me say thank you for your time. am plagued by a big issue for three weeks now.
            our technician is working full time on another...

Another pivot bearing broke.

One and a half year old GSX machines. This will be the 5th pivot bearing that has broke. This one decided to take out a few things with it. Snapped the stroke limiter shock stud...
            Working...
            X