Adsense Classic 1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Combo motor start switch

What are you using when the obsolete start switch no longer work - have seen posts on box attached but not good reviews causes coasting problems - any info appreciated

Originally posted by poplarguy View Post
    What are you using when the obsolete start switch no longer work - have seen posts on box attached but not good reviews causes coasting problems - any info appreciated
    The solid state switches are it as far as I know.

We cannot use them on the table motors as they drift too much. I was told by zot that they only drift on certain chassis and are working on a fix. Well it's been Atleast 10 years since we started using those switches and still no fix?

Comment

The strip of carpet belt through the vent slots putting drag on shaft does work. I never had much issue with the table as it stops just before Top Dead Center. If needed I would adjust the TA cam so the weight of table would stop a few degrees before TDC. The sweep was more of an issue as it would coast hitting the cam and drop sweep and ball hit sweep, no fun..There are posts on how to install the strips. I think they are still available, the one's made in Australia by Cybernetic Solutions worked the best for me.
      Later Chief

Comment

Originally posted by 8230chief View Post
        The strip of carpet belt through the vent slots putting drag on shaft does work. I never had much issue with the table as it stops just before Top Dead Center. If needed I would adjust the TA cam so the weight of table would stop a few degrees before TDC. The sweep was more of an issue as it would coast hitting the cam and drop sweep and ball hit sweep, no fun..There are posts on how to install the strips. I think they are still available, the one's made in Australia by Cybernetic Solutions worked the best for me.
        Later Chief
        Yah we have the strips installed, some actually have 2 and they still drift.

Comment

When I rebuilt the combo motors, I would first spin the armature shaft by hand and if it spun more then 1 revolution [free wheel] I would remove a shim from the wheel shaft outside race plate. Putting more drag. Yes you have to rebuild the motor. You can test the table motor on the machine, you have to disconnect the collars of course. Are you using the Australia made start switches? also does changing chassis help? Later Chief
          PS there is a side to side tolerance for the wheel shaft, I would have to pull out my AMF motor manual to get the exact measurement but as long as you have some end to end play you will be OK.

Comment

Originally posted by 8230chief View Post
            When I rebuilt the combo motors, I would first spin the armature shaft by hand and if it spun more then 1 revolution [free wheel] I would remove a shim from the wheel shaft outside race plate. Putting more drag. Yes you have to rebuild the motor. You can test the table motor on the machine, you have to disconnect the collars of course. Are you using the Australia made start switches? also does changing chassis help? Later Chief
            PS there is a side to side tolerance for the wheel shaft, I would have to pull out my AMF motor manual to get the exact measurement but as long as you have some end to end play you will be OK.
            I honestly have no idea if they are australian switches.

So taking the side shaft shims out make it tighter? I was under the impression from the previous mechanic more made it tighter. Summer is coming up so I'll take off the drifting sweep motors we have and try taking out the shims. Once we get some more of the liquid gasket. I know for sure that a couple if I took the stator off and spun by hand it would for sure do 2-3 spins.

Comment

Just don't over do it with the preload on the side bearings. I've found some that were over done and had broken side castings.

Comment

I recommend using " aviation form-A-gasket" by permatex. it seals well and used it for decades. Found at most auto supply stores. Once I had to replace the race hub plate due to a crack on it. When I tightened it you could tell right away it was to tight, removed and added a shim took care of it. Later Chief

Comment

Topic Starter RibbonScript

Collapse

Adsense Classic 2

Collapse