• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 8210 Pinspotter

For those who have never seen this

Mike Wilson
    Bowl-Tech Inc.

Those were always fun to watch but I never worked on one. I just go back to the 4400 days. LOL

Comment

My guess is that not many were built
      Mike Wilson
      Bowl-Tech Inc.

Comment

Very cool!

Comment

I'd be interested in seeing its immediate successor -- I thought I'd read somewhere that an 82-20 was built, but either my google-fu is weak, or there aren't any references to it online.

Something else that caught my eye was how the pin cups slid forward to create the triangle -- kinda reminds me of the Mendes machine.

Comment

IIRC I believe this was just a prototype and the first commercial pinspotter was the 82-30. Really freakin' cool though.

Comment

How many people would have gotten eaten by those chains lol

Comment

Originally posted by Artwebb1986 View Post
                How many people would have gotten eaten by those chains lol
                I have to agree, pretty scary stuff
                Mike Wilson
                Bowl-Tech Inc.

Comment

Bowl Mor machines had a ton of chain too!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

pretty cool....the whole table flips over....I wonder if there is less pin damage....

Comment

...the story I got on these 8210s is that they were introduced at an event attended by bowling proprietors. The machines were in a garage across the street from where the convention was being held. Supposedly there were orders placed but these machines were never made other than the two prototypes. Can you imagine the noise from the vacuum motor having to have enough pull to keep the pins in the cups? The 8230 with the chain between the table and the chassis was supposedly the first pinspotter that went into production, 3900 chassis? I'm only saying what I heard and understood. Anyone chime it with additions or corrections.
                      Howard

Comment

Topic Starter RibbonScript

Collapse

Adsense Classic 2

Collapse