Adsense Classic 1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by riverview scott View Post
    i was able to get the carpet belt out last night...cut rectangle flaps out of the side of the belt, giving me full access under the board and brackets...an "angle" was bent down, and cracked, blocking access, so i had to remove it...had a friend help me lift the carpet/board out onto the lane...all is cleaned up and repaired...going back in tonight with the new belt install...not sure how i will get to the nuts and bolts in the board, with a new belt....maybe it will be more flexable...will let you know....thanks as always!
    Your new carpet belt will be anything BUT flexible. But you should be able to pull it out of the way to secure your bounce plate as long as you haven't installed the rollers. Do the bounce plate first inside your new carpet, then rear roller, then front roller is last. That's how I was taught.

This guy's videos are pretty good as far as techniques and order of operation. Pay close attention to the 2nd video, particularly how he's got the carpet folded over the bounce plate. Doing that will save you a huge headache and wrestling match during installation. Ask me how I know, lol.

Comment

i was referring to the nuts and bolts that hold the bounce plate on....today i installed a new bearing support on one side...the other was in okay condition...i noticed a lot of slop between the hole in the support and the "stud"? that they rotate on...takes almost nothing to knock them off the stud...my book shows a support with a built in center stud/bushing, but mine have only a hole, with the stud being welded to the sidewall...both sides....also, my book shows a spring, labeled as "field use only", that appears to fit between the roller and the support...seems like it would be just the thing to prevent this slop...however, none of my machines have this...that said, i am ready to move the carpet and board back into place, and struggle to get those nuts and bolts in...also hoping the reinstall tool and flag help with their jobs, need to get this done....time is becoming my enemy....thanks again!

Comment

Yah most of our machines the stud is welded on. A few have the replacements, I did one a few years ago, kind of a pain but just used an angle grinder and cut it off. Grinded it down to expose the hole then slipped the new one in and put the 2 nuts on the backside.

In my 22 years or so I've never actually seen the spring that went on the end of the front rollers.

Just take your time. Hardest part I have now since I'm not 20 anymore and not as skinny as I once was is getting the back roller to feed thru the wall, while inside the carpet with the bounce board. I always get it stuck.

Comment

Originally posted by Artwebb1986 View Post
          Yah most of our machines the stud is welded on. A few have the replacements, I did one a few years ago, kind of a pain but just used an angle grinder and cut it off. Grinded it down to expose the hole then slipped the new one in and put the 2 nuts on the backside.

In my 22 years or so I've never actually seen the spring that went on the end of the front rollers.

Just take your time. Hardest part I have now since I'm not 20 anymore and not as skinny as I once was is getting the back roller to feed thru the wall, while inside the carpet with the bounce board. I always get it stuck.
          Haha, I rebuilt our lane #1 a few months ago, and there's only 3" between the wall of the machine & the raised catwalk on the 7 pin side. Jockeying the rear roller in & out through different holes at various angles was not fun.

Comment

what i am seeing is theres nothing to hold the bearing support on the stud...maybe once the roller is in, the location of the roller hold things in place...hmmm...watched the video...some things are different, but i got the idea....unfortunately, he didnt show how to get the bolts in the board, because his board isnt the same....but the order of things are the same...going back in soon...

Comment

There is a washer and then a retainer ring that holds the bearing support on the stud here. Also make sure the sleeve bearing in the bearing support isn't too worn out either.

Retainer ring part number is 919 005 800 in my book.
              Replacement stud is 000 029 015
              Sleeve bearing 900 112 203

Comment

One side has a tiny hole through the stud with a tiny cotter pin...the other has nothing...and that's what i saw in the last pit I worked in...

Comment

Originally posted by Motivated View Post

Your new carpet belt will be anything BUT flexible. But you should be able to pull it out of the way to secure your bounce plate as long as you haven't installed the rollers. Do the bounce plate first inside your new carpet, then rear roller, then front roller is last. That's how I was taught.

This guy's videos are pretty good as far as techniques and order of operation. Pay close attention to the 2nd video, particularly how he's got the carpet folded over the bounce plate. Doing that will save you a huge headache and wrestling match during installation. Ask me how I know, lol.

Man do I wish I could slide the back roller over to the machine beside it. I have to turn slightly and bring out the front roller out the front with the board and carpet. I also do it without taking out the backstop.

Unfortunately Only have 1 machine I could get the roller in from the side and that's lane 12 since there is a wider walkway before the 5pin lanes start.

Comment

well...after a couple days off, and some business getting in the way(good problem), i have finally installed the carpet...the video was helpful...so was getting a younger guy in there to install the bolts in the bounce plate...only hang up was the front roller bearing and holder was jammed too far, into the wall...pry bar and screw driver got things to spring into place, and all looked good...i was excited about firing her up, and the first issue was the rear roller not spinning...the tapered-fit drive pulley was slipping..had to swap it out(original stop was for a pin, head first in the hole in the carpet, causing the slipping). once changed out, the roller spun, but the carpet did not...while tight, i can hear the carpet drag in places. i can hand assist the belt rotation, but after a rotation or so, it comes to a stop...guessing the creases are still dragging in the tight places...i left in out on the carpet up front, rotating twice a day, for 4 days, before i could get to it...the front roller rolled easily by hand...my gut says that if i can get it to rotate a few times, it will keep going, and i would leave it on for a while to smooth it out...i saw one guy said to spray belt dressing on it, but i forgot that one...i noticed the guy in the video can sit on the back of the pindeck...not on my machines! all work is done on my chest...i am lucky too, that i have holes on both sides of all machines, so the roller in and out is easy....anyhoo...any tips for this last bit is greatly appreciated, thanks again!

Comment

Turns out that a tool or bolt got inside the carpet
                      ...pleasing...I've taken the front roller back out...was hoping to access whatever it is...got both arms up to the elbow, but can't touch it...in the process, one of the springs came unhooked. Now I'm pretty sure I am going all the way back...rear roller out, and bounce plate bolts out...argh...

Comment

Many times I've dropped the nuts for the bounce board into the carpet as well. We have a long extendable magnet that I can usually get them out with.

Why can't you sit on the pin deck to do all this work? I'm not crazy tall being 6ft but I'm sure not skinny anymore.

Almost all the time with the orange carpets I have to let it run a good 30-60 mins before it rolls good. A few times I just grab some hot water in a bucket and a couple towels and just use that to make that belt warm enough it starts getting into proper shape.

Comment

Woohoo! shes back together....much more difficult than it should have been...following the proper order of things makes all the difference...i had a stripped drive pulley/sheave, which was the easy part to overcome...leaving it running for an hour or more, prior to testing it...then league! big sigh of relief...serious thanks for the help and patience is in order!

Comment

Topic Starter RibbonScript

Collapse

Adsense Classic 2

Collapse
                          widgetinstance 666 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.

Well this is a first.

We all from time to time have one of those “wow I’ve never seen THAT before” moments. Well today was one of those for me when my night tech texts me to say lane 16 is out...

Ball return wheel guide roller removal.

Hey guys, i could just use a bit of advice trying to get this part out, first time I've had to do one of these. I got it to move a few turns but its come to a point where it has...

Even old mechanics find something new.

All my years working on these things I never had this happen…… until last week. ...

82-90XL Frontend Gearbox Parts - Rebuild Woes

We have 5 of the 088000365 replacement gear kits on the shelf, and I pulled two gearboxes off machines earlier this week, so I thought I'd try my hand at rebuilding them and save...

Prolane damage

Can this be repaired?

LED Ball Lights

Made an LED conversion for A2's and Frameworx masks. It can also be modded for the Harmony masks to accept 2 x 5mm led's and/or a 12v supply. Once I'm happy with the performance/design...
                          Working...
                          X