Adsense Classic 1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• respot cell issue

i have 8230s and one machine had a pair of respot cells damaged in different incidents...one i swapped from another working machine, the other i straightened and made to run smoothly...both move like butter...however, one picks up the pin every other cycle, fails the others...the other one sometimes fails to set the pin down...other times fails to pick it up....seems like alternating cycles, but that might be a coincidence...both seem to work perfectly when operated by hand...i bet i am missing something simple...what might that be? thanks again!

There's a little latch piece that rotates that latches it up. We call it the "star latch" (#7 in the top photo below). Make sure that doesn't turn too hard and lube it up with some light oil or WD-40. Also, when it comes up, there is a spring loaded piece that hits the star latch (#7 in the bottom photo below). Make sure the little tip on that hits the star latch around 1/16" from the edge of the star. You want it pretty far out towards the edge. You don't want it hitting it close to the center. If it needs to move out, bend the little tip out with some pliers. This is a good start. If it still doesn't work after that, then you may have a problem with the bracket (#4 in the bottom photo below), but we'll wait and see what happens first before getting into that.

2021-11-19 17_52_22-Window.jpg
    Experience: Currently Help Maintain 44 82-30s and 50 82-70s.

Comment

To add to that. The main bracket #4 in the bottom picture. Many of our machines have numerous pieces of cardboard under the right side of it to just keep the tip the star latch sits on out just a little bit. I used a small Budweiser coaster cut into strips. Usually just loosen the top screw just a little and can slip the piece under and tighten back up. Unfortunately not in until Monday but I'll get a picture then.

Comment

For What its worth, Louie and Art are right on the money lol
        "I'm a businessman Tom, blood is a big expense"
        Name that Flick

Comment

This was the so called trick I was taught by the mechanic before me.

You do not have permission to view this gallery.
          This gallery has 1 photos.

Comment

thats some awesome pictures and drawings....all keepers for future reference...i am familiar with star and the tab...had some trouble getting them perfect sometimes...lubing seems to help alot...the odd part for me was that they worked fine on another machine(currently not in use), but after swapping had issues...i noticed the pad thickness to be different that on the smashed cell, so i added a thin pad to make it thicker, and that one worked thru league...the other one is not letting go of the pin until lifting a bit, then drops and falls over...lubed and cleaned all...maybe it needs a pad too...never saw the paper trick....will look into that...thanks again for all the great input!

Comment

I think I have a box of those latches and brackets somewhere here.

Comment

Topic Starter RibbonScript

Collapse

Adsense Classic 2

Collapse
              widgetinstance 666 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.

Well this is a first.

We all from time to time have one of those “wow I’ve never seen THAT before” moments. Well today was one of those for me when my night tech texts me to say lane 16 is out...

Ball return wheel guide roller removal.

Hey guys, i could just use a bit of advice trying to get this part out, first time I've had to do one of these. I got it to move a few turns but its come to a point where it has...

Even old mechanics find something new.

All my years working on these things I never had this happen…… until last week. ...

82-90XL Frontend Gearbox Parts - Rebuild Woes

We have 5 of the 088000365 replacement gear kits on the shelf, and I pulled two gearboxes off machines earlier this week, so I thought I'd try my hand at rebuilding them and save...

Prolane damage

Can this be repaired?

LED Ball Lights

Made an LED conversion for A2's and Frameworx masks. It can also be modded for the Harmony masks to accept 2 x 5mm led's and/or a 12v supply. Once I'm happy with the performance/design...
              Working...
              X