Adsense Classic 1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• chassis trouble #2

I am still fighting a couple of my chassis, Omega Teks, both doing the same thing. Cycle machine, sweep drops, time delay occurs, board jumps to step 3, table does nothing, no voltage at the table contactor. My manual says to clean points on PR 3, did that, still nothing. Changed boards, nothing. GGRRRRRR, what isn't happening??
    Where does power for the table contactor come from? I traced the 2 wires (low voltage) and one connects to J20 and one to J28. Help me understand why I have no voltage here.
    Gene Simmons for president!!!

Have you physically tested the voltage at the table contactor coil to confirm there is no voltage? Maybe it's the contactor itself? (Though unlikely) The only 2 things in the circuit other than the board are PR3 and the back-end Table switch. You have cleaned PR3 and have moved chassis, so those are essentially eliminated. Hmmm, I can understand the frustration. It's a weird problem.

Try testing voltage on the coil with a meter (if you haven't) when it's on step 3 just to make sure there is no voltage getting there. That is what I would do next.

Also, it's a long shot, but you could try this:

http://www.bowltech.com/forums/showt...ega-Tek-(info)

(I also posted this link to your other thread)

Louie
    Experience: Currently Help Maintain 44 82-30s and 50 82-70s.

Comment

Thanks Louie, I'll give the rectifiers a shot. I have tested the table contactor on step 3, no voltage at all. If it did have something, but not enough, I would susspect the rectifier too. Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by toon30s View Post
        If it did have something, but not enough, I would susspect the rectifier too.
        Well, the table contactor runs on AC so its power does not come through the rectifier so the rectifier being weak would never affect the voltage at the coil directly. However, the board controls the voltage signals to the contactor and it needs a certain (DC) voltage level to be able to function correctly. So a weak rectifier could affect the operation of the board which could cause weird problems such as this one.

Louie

Comment

Thank you for the explanation Louie. I will change the rectifier today and post back tonight.

Comment

The trouble is probably in PR2.Clean the contacts with burnishing tool then flush out with electrical cleaner.Over the years I had trouble with using a meter as 1 strand of wire would give me a reading.To solve this I took a old trouble bell transformer hooked a bell and leads to it whenI test PR contacts and leads this puts a load on them making sure what is being tested works.when I work on chassis I clean and test all of the PR Relays.I also use a dremel tool and clean the J strip terminals J15 thru 37 as these are low voltage and have 50 years of corosion. I hope this helps Jom W.

Comment

Louie nailed this one! I swapped the rectifier today and that chassis is now working. Thanks buddy!!!

Comment

No Problem! I'm glad you got it working!

Louie

Comment

If you need any mk 30 chassis I have 4 working and 2 spare boards contact russ at [email protected]

Comment

Topic Starter RibbonScript

Collapse

Adsense Classic 2

Collapse