Adsense Classic 1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 82-30 Pictures?

Hi guys! I work with 70's. I was at a tournament yesterday, and for the first time, I got to see some 30's run in person. They had closed pinwheels. and kicker lifts. Their serial #'s were in the 35,000 range. I thought that was neat! It was really odd being able to see so much of the pindeck from the top of the machine... I was wondering, if you guys had some pictures of your machines because 30's are becoming so few and far between...
    You know, if my dog was as ugly as you. I'd shave his butt and tell him to walk backwards

I have 12 30s, open pinwheels, PBLs,etc. What do you want to see in particualr? I also hace access to a house that has machines with the chassis mounted over the table motor as well as the back end motor.
    Gene Simmons for president!!!

Comment

Just the machines in general.. I don't know much about them at all. How do the pins stay in the pinwheel when the table is full? The center I saw had the chassis over the table motor.
      You know, if my dog was as ugly as you. I'd shave his butt and tell him to walk backwards

Comment

The pins are held in the wheel when the table is full by "toggltes". They are a lever that flips out from the backside of the wheel. The assembly is a seperate casting that is bolted to the wheel and if lubed propperly, is the dirtiest, nastiest part of the machine. I hate messing with toggles!! They are spring loaded and hold the pin until the pin cam gate opens after the machine spots new pins on the lane. Some 30 houses have removed the toggle mechanisms and added a clutch on the BE motor to only drive the wheel when the table needs pins. Then the pins are held in the wheel by a kidney just like on a 70. The clutch is controled by the same circuit in the chassis as the pin gate solenoid when toggles are used, which is where the pin counter comes in. The toggle housing castings also carry the weight of the pinwheel. They are expensive and a royal pain to change when they break.

Comment

Also, just thought I would add that the pinwheels he said he saw are closed pinwheels. Closed pinweels don't use Toggles but rather Pin-Clamping rods. These open and close by a large cam on the back of the pinwheel (you can't miss it).

Louie
          Experience: Currently Help Maintain 44 82-30s and 50 82-70s.

Comment

Originally posted by Louie_IV View Post
            Also, just thought I would add that the pinwheels he said he saw are closed pinwheels. Closed pinweels don't use Toggles but rather Pin-Clamping rods. These open and close by a large cam on the back of the pinwheel (you can't miss it).

Louie
            But, you sure would like to!!!!!

Comment

100_1574.JPGDSCF0461.JPGJust thought i'd share a couple of photos of my 30's
              Attached Files
              "Smokey, this is not 'Nam. This is bowling. There are rules."

Comment

I think this one has closed pinwheels and a nice rack...uh...rake...uh...sweep......

Comment

Now Tablejam, you know a real table jam would not be the same as a stacked table. And 82-30 are not bodice proportions, but a mechanical model number. So let the Clorox pseudo-mechanic be, and concentrate on providing a suggestion to the issue, rather than issuing a suggestion to the poster.
                  This post is not an unpaid promotion of my business.

Comment

Lol...

Comment

Originally posted by Ted View Post
                      Now Tablejam, you know a real table jam would not be the same as a stacked table. And 82-30 are not bodice proportions, but a mechanical model number. So let the Clorox pseudo-mechanic be, and concentrate on providing a suggestion to the issue, rather than issuing a suggestion to the poster.
                      Ted... I'll be 18 in June
                      Thanks guys! Hopefully I'll be seeing some again soon!

Comment

Mcgolf, if you can, you should sign up for the QubicaAmf customer portal. There, you can download the 8230 manual, which has some neat pictures in it, and it should answer any questions you have about the machine. I always liked the 82/30, I think it is a really neat design and fascinating to watch. And if you haven't already, KenCliff on here has a thread chronicalling the installation of 82/30 machines in his center including pics and videos, if you can't find the thread you can check out his site here:
                        http://www.kenclifflanes.com/

This amazing machine is still running in places today, some 60 years after it was designed....that's pretty amazing if you ask me.

Comment

while mostly pics about the newest AMF design, you can find some pics of closed pinwheel 30s and their removal here: http://s427.photobucket.com/profile/AMFDOCTOR
                          In search of the C2B plug

Comment

Mcgolf, if you ever get to southeastern Illinois, stop by my center, you can take all of the pics of 30s that you want and you can pick my brain about how they work.

Comment

http://s920.photobucket.com/albums/a...-30 pinsetter/

some photos and vids of our ageing 30s with vertical lifts and original chassis
                              Last edited by moonspud; 08-02-2012, 03:39 AM. Reason: broken links
                              Duct Tape or a Sledge Hammer......such a hard choice

Comment

Topic Starter RibbonScript

Collapse

Adsense Classic 2

Collapse