Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Never now win this is going to happen sweep stops.

Collapse

Adsense Classic 1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Never now win this is going to happen sweep stops.

MK30 converted 6525 chassis.
    Lane 2 sweep stops on a strick somewear after it clear pins and is going back to gard MK30 on step4 table stops to.
    to clear I turn off table swith if table is still at top lift table switch arm sweep go's to gard turn table back on it set pins
    sweep go's home MK30 back to 0.

I have moved the chassis it works fine on outher lanes. Replace sweep switch table switch I have run ground wires
    from switchs to chassis ck J strip k&l wiring.

This will happen 1 or 2 times a night if we have alot of strikes on this lane.

Help please
    Dwight
    split house8-8230kicker,4-8270pbl
    surepick
    wood
    phoenix-s
    As90
    pins 2pair w/amf,2/bruns,2/linds

Originally posted by thunder_strikez View Post
    MK30 converted 6525 chassis.
    to clear I turn off table swith if table is still at top lift table switch arm sweep go's to gard turn table back on it set pins
    sweep go's home MK30 back to 0.
    When you lift the table switch arm, does the MK30 then advance to step 10 before the sweep runs? (It will say "c" on the number display)

It is a weird problem. The sweep should only run through SA on step 4 and you say you already replaced the sweep switch and ground wire, so not sure exactly why the sweep would be stopping if the problem isn't in the chassis or why it only happens during a strike. Did you also put other chassis on this machine? And every chassis does the same thing?

Louie
    Experience: Currently Help Maintain 44 82-30s and 50 82-70s.

Comment

Sounds like an intermittent K&L problem. You have checked it but it can hard to find. What happens is the strike signal kicks in slightly late causing the machine to stop with the table up and the sweep at guard.

Comment

Hi all

It makes no difference what I do to this machine this problem come and gone for
        2 years. It mite go a week and not do it butt it is getting more often the last haft of league
        this year it would happen 2 or more times a night.

MK30 stays on step4 when I lift table switch arm sweep go’s to guard. When sweep
        make’s it to guard MK30 go’s to “C” and set pen’s MK30 go’s to “0”. I have learned to shut off table switch on back of machine because part of the time table will heat sweep before it gets to guard.

I have moved chassis from other machine to this one.
        I have done tests with people bowling.
        I have pulled K&L wires at J26-J27 hooked up ohm meter to K&L
        Put hand switch on J26-J27 so if they bowl a strike I could make machine go to
        Strikes cycle
        Ohm meter showed no open on strike as machine cycles.
        Ohm meter to K or L to ground shows no short to ground as machine cycles.
        I have replaced wires to sw1 removed pin indicator wiring on table replace table,
        sweep switch’s ran ground wires to sweep, table, sw4, switch’s and pin counter
        cleaned J strip. I Set up a tests chassis I remove the pr3, pr5 relays all extra wiring to the MK30 has made no difference.

This has to be a bad connection some wear in a wire because there are no switch’s
        moving when this happens.
        What wire would make the relays drop out on the MK30 on step4?

Thanks Dwight
        surepick
        wood
        phoenix-s
        As90

Comment

From the manual-

STRIKE SIGNAL
          When the stepper reaches step 4, the PR-4 relay is energized through the circuit TA2 (350 - 260), contact 4 of level 6, PR3 (NC) contact and the 10 SW 6 switches (still closed since no pins were standing) to the coil of PR-4.

Is the PR-4 relay being energized at the proper time?
          Regards,

Billy T
          bthompson@qubicaamf.us

Comment

Put the leads for the ohm meter at the wires from j26 and j27. Move all the feeder wires on the table and the table cable to find the intermitten open. Don't stop at the first open there can be more then one.

Comment

I found a bad connection in the wire to N/C contact on sweep switch.

I can make the machine stop by making a momentary open in this wire on a strike
              and the distributor has to be off home at #7 cup.

I need to write this down so next time I will now wear to look.

Thanks Dwight
              surepick
              wood
              phoenix-s
              As90

Comment

Topic Starter RibbonScript

Collapse

Adsense Classic 2

Collapse
              widgetinstance 666 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.

Well this is a first.

We all from time to time have one of those “wow I’ve never seen THAT before” moments. Well today was one of those for me when my night tech texts me to say lane 16 is out...

Ball return wheel guide roller removal.

Hey guys, i could just use a bit of advice trying to get this part out, first time I've had to do one of these. I got it to move a few turns but its come to a point where it has...

Even old mechanics find something new.

All my years working on these things I never had this happen…… until last week. ...

82-90XL Frontend Gearbox Parts - Rebuild Woes

We have 5 of the 088000365 replacement gear kits on the shelf, and I pulled two gearboxes off machines earlier this week, so I thought I'd try my hand at rebuilding them and save...

Prolane damage

Can this be repaired?

LED Ball Lights

Made an LED conversion for A2's and Frameworx masks. It can also be modded for the Harmony masks to accept 2 x 5mm led's and/or a 12v supply. Once I'm happy with the performance/design...
              Working...
              X