Adsense Classic 1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Strike Cycle LED

Though i'd share my design for any other poor bastards still running original chassis and a KL circuit.
    we used to loose X cycles for days or weeks before someone reported them. no we can just glance to see if the KL is intact

2012-09-06_19-05-06_0.jpg

i'm not electronics guru so i figured this out with some tinkering. it has two diodes because for some reason it sometimes caused weird behavior. anything around a 50k resistor will work.

these also are part of our upgraded control panel we are slowly rolling out
    2012-07-26_21-05-35_989.jpg

enjoy
    Duct Tape or a Sledge Hammer......such a hard choice

Wow, that's pretty awesome. Nicely done!

Comment

Very, very nice. Good job

Comment

I especially like the nice large buttons you used.

Comment

we still haven't worked out a use for the spare button or switch. can't think of anything useful that will go through the jbox so we can still swap chassis.

Comment

For those of us that don't work on these why don't you list they useful circuits that do run through it and maybe we can make a suggestion.

Comment

a couple of ideas thrown around were
              a Chassis Zero via the termials for the old foul cycle, but this would require rewiring all current and spare chassis
              a Pin Feed start, but this can easily be done by lifting the counter lever
              and maybe an emergency call button hooked to the front desk, but being on the top of the machine its probably not the best spot. i think we would be better off with large emergency stop buttons in better locations

Comment

i can also provide pinouts and instructions for anyone interested in doing these boxes

Comment

Originally posted by moonspud View Post
                  i can also provide pinouts and instructions for anyone interested in doing these boxes
                  I'd like to see the final design if possible. I might have a few suggestions. Incorporating a voltage regulator might be a plus vs. the diode/resistor design.

Jon
                  I've had enough of hope & chains.

Comment

for the x cycle led it's as i drew. for my temp ones till i do control boxes the components are just soldered in a line then heat shrunk and just hang them out the j box
                    in the final version its on a bread board

the xcycle seems to be ac but also if it connects to gnd the sweep will continuous run. i've seen it spike to 30v during a strike detection. the led is solid except during a stike. something strange goes on in the chassis. the design i discovered work, but i'd be lieing if i said i understood why!
                    maybe a chassis guru could explain it

for the controller boxes you just have to connect to the right pins in the jbox to make the machine do the various things
                    Last edited by moonspud; 09-08-2012, 12:39 AM.

Comment

Hi all

The K@L table wiring is power by the T1 transformer through a haft wave rectifier from each
                      side of T1 to coil on PR4. The center tap on T1 is connected to the frame with all of the 110
                      volt epuipment this makes the 24vdc very dirty there is a lot of AC mixed in with the DC and
                      make for big voltage spike as the motors start and stop. All of the 110 volt equipment in the
                      bilding is bonded togher on the same netural. LED do not like high or reverse voltage. If you
                      put a diodo in J26 to keep the ac spike from back feeding to your LED should help.

I installed ball 1 ball 2 switch on my chassis.

Dwight
                      Last edited by thunder_strikez; 09-11-2012, 10:58 PM.
                      split house8-8230kicker,4-8270pbl
                      surepick
                      wood
                      phoenix-s
                      As90
                      pins 2pair w/amf,2/bruns,2/linds

Comment

it seemed to do something wierd on some machines (out of cycles, late strikes) without the second diode. could have been the quality of the diodes too(ebay) or maybe the chassis is on the edge of having problems.

but the final design i drew has been working on the tester lane for probably over a year and on the rest for about six months. the only issues i've had were my poor soldering....

PS our machines are 240v in australia

Comment

The control box grew from the idea that we had no safe way of running the sweep or table.
                          You had to either push the contactor in the chassis(240v if you touch the wrong thing) or SA & TA levers (crush hazard)
                          With OH&S these days we decided to make something better

Comment

It look like a neat and handy control board.

do the 240v motors have sweep revrese.
                            I am going to try to sepperat the start and run winding on one of the 110v and see if I can make it run in revrese.
                            I have alrady setup my chassis so i have short cycle and ball 1 ball 2 switch's.
                            our scoring systeem switch the mechine on 9pin strike to ball 2 so it clears deck and set pins and fill ball 10th frame.

Dwight
                            split house8-8230kicker,4-8270pbl
                            surepick
                            wood
                            phoenix-s
                            As90
                            pins 2pair w/amf,2/bruns,2/linds

Comment

Originally posted by moonspud View Post
                              The control box grew from the idea that we had no safe way of running the sweep or table.
                              You had to either push the contactor in the chassis(240v if you touch the wrong thing) or SA & TA levers (crush hazard)
                              With OH&S these days we decided to make something better
                              I havent worked here in this center that long but it didn't take long to work out that you have to move quick or you're going to get caught. We haven't gone through too many safety upgrades for the last few years by the seems of things. Would it be easier to position your control box at the back of the machine? or perhaps somehow attach it to the table gear guards?
                              Last edited by decro14; 10-11-2012, 09:40 PM.

Comment

Topic Starter RibbonScript

Collapse

Adsense Classic 2

Collapse
                              widgetinstance 666 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.

Well this is a first.

We all from time to time have one of those “wow I’ve never seen THAT before” moments. Well today was one of those for me when my night tech texts me to say lane 16 is out...

Ball return wheel guide roller removal.

Hey guys, i could just use a bit of advice trying to get this part out, first time I've had to do one of these. I got it to move a few turns but its come to a point where it has...

Even old mechanics find something new.

All my years working on these things I never had this happen…… until last week. ...

82-90XL Frontend Gearbox Parts - Rebuild Woes

We have 5 of the 088000365 replacement gear kits on the shelf, and I pulled two gearboxes off machines earlier this week, so I thought I'd try my hand at rebuilding them and save...

Prolane damage

Can this be repaired?

LED Ball Lights

Made an LED conversion for A2's and Frameworx masks. It can also be modded for the Harmony masks to accept 2 x 5mm led's and/or a 12v supply. Once I'm happy with the performance/design...
                              Working...
                              X