Adsense Classic 1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Random Hanging Pin with SES String Pin Setter

I'm new to the bowling world, so apologies if I don't use the right technical terms.

The center has SES String pin setters. On one machine we have a random problem.
    A pin will just hang halfway instead of being set down, or it won't be set down at all. This will happen for 2 cycles (one player turn) then it will go back to working normally. Then it will randomly happen again. Frequency rate is around 5 times an hour.

I have tried: adjusting the string tension, checked the magnet positions, oiled the brake, checked the cam connections, checked the ohm resistance on all the spic switches. But I cannot find the problem.

Does anyone know what I should check next? Could it be a solenoid on the CPU PCB, or do I need to replace the actual spic unit?

Would really appreciate any suggestions. Many thanks

I don't work with SES yet. On other machines, if a rope hangs up I check the brake. Because it occurs often, try to spend time watching that machine and catch it happen -- maybe string is catching on something as it cycles........

Comment

Thanks for your suggestion. The string is definitely not catching on anything. The brake is engaged when the pin is hanging halfway down. To reset the pin correctly I have to manually disengage the brake. I have checked the string, there's no damage or fraying to it....

Comment

Im only familiar with Highway 66 mini bowling lanes.
        As far as that goes, I would replace the string sensor for that pin, and see if that gets rid of it.

Comment

Thanks for your suggestion. I think the systems are pretty similar. Do you know where the string sensor is located?

Comment

try changing the high voltage power board, (the top board) with another lane. usually its the board that has become weak. I've had this issue many times over the last 2 years of dealing with it and pulled my hair out. Changing that top board always seems to fix the issue. I saw that you said you checked your omhs at the spic break itself. were they withing resonable parameters? should be 34-38 ohms. let me know what ya find
            If its still broken, guess it wasnt in the parts budget.

Z

Comment

Thanks for your reply.
              I don't have a spare high voltage power board. Do you mean just swap it with another lane? Would that transfer the problem to the other lane?
              Yes I checked the ohms at every spic brake and they all read 35 ohms.
              Do you think I need to purchase a replacement top board? Thanks

Comment

swap the hvpbc with a known working lane to see if the issue persists. Its best to swap from odd to odd or even to even the configuration on the jumpers is a little bit different. The usual pint of failure is the power supply itself on the board. On mine it looks like a little blue box. It is always a good idea to have at least two spare hvpcb. Something that i had to learn the hard way as im in the states and the boards were coming from Turkey. Having a lane down for 5 days or more because of customs is rather annoying. let me know what you find out. Oh P.S. take a picture of the board before you disconnect anything. This will give you a referance point when you replace the board. it's the upper board not the lower. only had one lower go so far and that was on install.
                If its still broken, guess it wasnt in the parts budget.

Z

Comment

Please get in touch direct with manufacturer > info@ses-stockach.de
                  ses-stockach.de
                  Own replacement of components mostly failed because of wrong replacement...

Comment

Topic Starter RibbonScript

Collapse

Adsense Classic 2

Collapse
                  widgetinstance 666 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.

Rake sweeping out of time, and pin launching onto lane.

I work on some nice old Brunswick A-2 pin setters. Most issues I've come across haven't been to problematic to figure out. But being I can't seem to get it to recreate the issue...

Strange sweep problem

I’m a rookie mechanic and have been working on pinsetters for 2 years. One of my lanes has a problem with a sweep possibly coasting. I don’t know what could be causing it...

GSX Distributor shaft bearings

Two part topic:
                  1. Plastic bearing (#66) used in place of regular sealed bearing (#51) -- thoughts?

2. ANY of these bearings with the black support mount...

The Legacy of the A2

I was recently disheartened to learn that a bowling center that I once serviced was actively looking to replace their A2's. I understand that most military bases and educational...

Table turning on short stroke.

Hello dear Bowltech members.
                  First let me say thank you for your time. am plagued by a big issue for three weeks now.
                  our technician is working full time on another...

Another pivot bearing broke.

One and a half year old GSX machines. This will be the 5th pivot bearing that has broke. This one decided to take out a few things with it. Snapped the stroke limiter shock stud...
                  Working...
                  X