Adsense Classic 1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• thumb rolling

new in my pro shop and have 2 high 3/4 track bowlers, both roll over the thumb hole slightly. can i drill a hole to counter balance so no thumb roll?

Not really, you can drill one opposite of the bow tie if they clip the fingers but on the thumb it is mostly in their release. You can change the way they come out of it by pitching the thumb and fingers different and make sure you don't drill them any pin down balls.
    Drill

David Bolt
    Champaign, IL
    USBC Silver Coach
    IBPSIA BOD
    IBPSIA Advanced
    Technical Certified
    Pro Shops

Comment

I have a bowler at my center that for some reason he'll clip the thumb on pin up but not pin down? I don't understand it... I don't drill his stuff but is there a reason for it I'm not thinking of ???

Comment

I would look at tilt and see if I could change the way it was released.
        Drill

David Bolt
        Champaign, IL
        USBC Silver Coach
        IBPSIA BOD
        IBPSIA Advanced
        Technical Certified
        Pro Shops

Comment

I'm a high track player (5 1/4" > X 1" ^) and whenever I drill pin under I have to remove finger weight to keep from clipping the thumb and/or middle finger hole. Are the bowlers in question using a pin under drilling?
          GSX Noob

Comment

Topic Starter RibbonScript

Collapse

Adsense Classic 2

Collapse

Related Topics

Collapse

• tony0899
            315 degree drill layout
            by tony0899
            we used the 315 degree layout on "the one". which is the #4 layout for the ball. For some reason, it rolls over the thumb hole. I havent weighed it yet, but we didnt...
            12-30-2005, 03:48 PM
          • Striketech
            No thumb drilling
            by Striketech
            I have a bowler from out of town who is bowling with just his fingers and not his thumb, My question is in regarding to weighing the balls, does he have to have a thumb hole,...
            10-22-2010, 10:17 PM
          • DOUBLE D
            Pin in ring finger hole
            by DOUBLE D
            There's a pro shop in my area that is drilling almost everyone the same. The pin is drilled out on the ring finger. Doesn't seem to matter who it is for. Many different styles...
            03-26-2013, 03:29 PM
          • cub fan
            no thumb bowler
            by cub fan
            I have a customer who does not use his thumb but insists on layouts that require a balance hole. Any suggestions
            06-06-2015, 02:13 PM
          • Brinkster22
            drill specs
            by Brinkster22
            i was wondering if anyone might still have the drill specs on a battle zone? this is the older one not the more recent ones. its hard finding anything like that online
            04-02-2005, 10:30 PM

A2 1 to 1 Gear Box Cover Replacement Due to Crack

I am refurbishing two converted A2 machines that I will be installing in my home basement this fall. One of them has a leaking gear box and cracked 1:1 gear box cover. I have...

Blue A2 Rebuild

Here are photos of the A2 that I just finished rebuilding and installing. Every single part on the machine came apart to be cleaned, painted, or replaced. All new rubber,...

Streamlane Mask Halo Lights

With huge thanks to "Toby" for all his help & expertise...my old masks now have for-real halo lights again.

Hybrid (and EcoFriendly) Bumpers (2012)

It's been about 10 years since we first tried this - 46 lanes and still working fine, auto air bumper cylinders on the BankShot bumpers. Here are videos of a home install with...

Baddest Tool Chest In Town

Adios, motor boater!

Aluminum Repair and Welding

with our broken moving deck i have been asked to figure out if there is a way we can weld it back together in house for very little expense.
          http://aluminumrepair.com/...
          Working...
          X