Adsense Classic 1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Plug Color

I'm considering switching to a new brand of plug color. Certain colors are impossible to come close to (Red and anything bright). The plugs tend to darken too much (red almost looks black). Curious what some other drillers use and possible find a better manufacturer.
    GSX Noob

I used to use the Brunsplug, but sometimes that cuered too fast and cracked. Last year I switched to Motive plug and that works great.

Comment

You have to take into account how big the hole is your plugging so you can adjust for darkness, anytime I plug a larger hole I go a little lighter. I use a variety of different brands and get everything pretty close.
      Drill

David Bolt
      Champaign, IL
      USBC Silver Coach
      IBPSIA BOD
      IBPSIA Advanced
      Technical Certified
      Pro Shops

Comment

For lighter colors and balls that have little to no color depth, I add 1 - 2 drops of white and mix, then tint to match color. I'm using techline stuff as well, and the only time I ever have cracking is holes 1 1/8 and wider. For those I plug 1 inch to the top of the hole with whatever plug I have mixed, then tint and plug the last inch after the first plug has set. It helps with the cracking as well as plug darkening.

Comment

Topic Starter RibbonScript

Collapse

Adsense Classic 2

Collapse

Related Topics

Collapse

• SixBurghBowler
          Color Matching Plug
          by SixBurghBowler
          I may be out of my mind (OK I know I am ) but I was pretty sick of cost of the color for my ball plug. I came up with two alternatives that are much less expensive and will give...
          10-03-2008, 10:32 AM
        • twinsfan
          drain plug
          by twinsfan
          Does anyone have a tip to get worn drain plugs out. You know the kind that gets all chewed up because someone likes to over tighten them, then the next guy rounds off the inside...
          03-01-2010, 11:35 PM
        • KenF2-R
          Ball plug
          by KenF2-R
          Which brands of ball plug is everyone using out there,I have a ball work area that has high humidity and no air conditioning and a lot of our work cracks out within 6 months,...
          11-30-2000, 07:47 AM
        • dudstone
          plug separating from ball
          by dudstone
          Lately when i've plugged bowling balls but the plug keeps separating from the walls of the holes... We use the HD plug kit, which we haven't had many problems with so far... but...
          03-28-2008, 07:30 PM
        • allfam_guy76
          Stover Plug?
          by allfam_guy76
          I am just curious about this. But how did they come up with the name "Russell Stover" for a plug? I hope this isn't a silly question I am asking. But i'm trying to learn...
          02-07-2009, 11:43 AM

A2 1 to 1 Gear Box Cover Replacement Due to Crack

I am refurbishing two converted A2 machines that I will be installing in my home basement this fall. One of them has a leaking gear box and cracked 1:1 gear box cover. I have...

Streamlane Mask Halo Lights

With huge thanks to "Toby" for all his help & expertise...my old masks now have for-real halo lights again.

Hybrid (and EcoFriendly) Bumpers (2012)

It's been about 10 years since we first tried this - 46 lanes and still working fine, auto air bumper cylinders on the BankShot bumpers. Here are videos of a home install with...

Baddest Tool Chest In Town

Adios, motor boater!

Aluminum Repair and Welding

with our broken moving deck i have been asked to figure out if there is a way we can weld it back together in house for very little expense.
        http://aluminumrepair.com/...

Setting Table Harness Connections

Hi, guys.

We recently replaced our setting table harness and when the machine's run in diagnostic mode, we get 01, 02, 03, 04 + 09 errors, or when you place pins...
        Working...
        X