Adsense Classic 1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• pro shop training

I might be getting into the proshop business. I am looking for some good options for training courses. If I take the shop at my center, i will be recieving all the knowledge and literature from the current owner, but I still would like to take a course.
    Nick

www.IBPSIA.com is the best as far as I am concerned but if your not going to go directly through them make sure the credits count towards their certification. Regardless of who you choose experience is the key to anyone that is good so listen to the guy in your shop and learn as much as you can then take a few classes and everything will come together.

best of luck as it is a great job and you get to meet some very interesting people along the way
    Drill

David Bolt
    Champaign, IL
    USBC Silver Coach
    IBPSIA BOD
    IBPSIA Advanced
    Technical Certified
    Pro Shops

Comment

I did a course offered by Ace Mitchell located in Ohio... but that was years ago.

Comment

Try Here

Comment

Ok...so the opportiunity to take the proshop at my center has now come. There is nobody there. We have had a couple of other people interested in it but the owner would like me to have it if I want it.

....now this is my concern. I am not much of a bowler at the moment. I don't bowl very much. I bowled in league a couple of times and I didn't have the greatest average. Learning what I have to know to run the proshop I am not so much worried about, i am moreso concerned about the level of bowler I am and how this will affect how well I do in the pro shop. Im sure I can learn how to talk the talk....give good advice on which balls to buy or not buy bases on the type of bowler they are....but if i don't bowl much, I guess a lot of the bowlers might not buy from me because I am not walking the walk. I could be be a great proshop operator, but I guess some bowlers might not give me the time of day.

Opinions please. How important is it to be a good bowler to operate a proshop. Can a proshop do fine by the quality of workmanship alone(not the greatest bowler, or don't bowl at all), or is this unrealistic.
          Nick

Comment

Traditionally, Pro shops are usually staffed by one of the best bowlers in the center. But there is so much to the sale of a bowling ball, that this one aspect can be a small hurdle, and not an obstacle. Most bowlers will do repeat business because of a great fit and service. I would keep that in mind. For the record, i am not a pro shop operator, but I do make frequent visits to ours, for social time and chewing the fat.

Comment

I tried to put a Pro Shop in our center but the owner let someone else put one in. I started my Pro Shop in my garage and getting the buisness that our center Pro Shop screws up. If you have the know how and the means to make the customer happy and they give you a good report to other bowlers you can do the job no matter how good a bowler you are.

Comment

I have not been able to bowl much at all this season so far. I have been really busy in the shop. Between working days as the mechanic and working nights for the leagues and in the end i really dont have much opertunity to bowl. I have been consistently busy on the weeknights and figued that it would have cooled off by now from the start of the season, but it has not. I figued that by now I would have got a bit of dead time sitting in the shop where I could either be here on Bowl tech or out on the lanes practicing, but I have been consistently busy playing catch up on drilling new balls and plugging and drilling. Sales are better than i expected. The customers have been really happy with my work thus far. I like this biz!
                Nick

Comment

Topic Starter RibbonScript

Collapse

Adsense Classic 2

Collapse
                widgetinstance 666 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.

Well this is a first.

We all from time to time have one of those “wow I’ve never seen THAT before” moments. Well today was one of those for me when my night tech texts me to say lane 16 is out...

Ball return wheel guide roller removal.

Hey guys, i could just use a bit of advice trying to get this part out, first time I've had to do one of these. I got it to move a few turns but its come to a point where it has...

Even old mechanics find something new.

All my years working on these things I never had this happen…… until last week. ...

82-90XL Frontend Gearbox Parts - Rebuild Woes

We have 5 of the 088000365 replacement gear kits on the shelf, and I pulled two gearboxes off machines earlier this week, so I thought I'd try my hand at rebuilding them and save...

Prolane damage

Can this be repaired?

LED Ball Lights

Made an LED conversion for A2's and Frameworx masks. It can also be modded for the Harmony masks to accept 2 x 5mm led's and/or a 12v supply. Once I'm happy with the performance/design...
                Working...
                X