Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is there a guard for 82-70 masking unit leg to machine.

Collapse

Adsense Classic 1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is there a guard for 82-70 masking unit leg to machine.

Hi guys
    Looking at putting guards up in between pair of lanes using the masking unit legs and front of machines. Will sit up against the leg of masking unit, run along small capping and hug the wooden kickback up to machine. will be height of masking unit leg. Is there a guard available or has anyone made one up, if so what did you make it out of.
    cheers

What you're describing sounds like a wall or screen in between two pairs, running along the single division between the machine & the masking unit? I've never heard of such a thing, and this seems like a weird place to put guards since no one except a mechanic would be in that area, and there are no moving parts to guard against.

Comment

That would probably be a good idea for the end machines, but not really useful for all the others.
      I have seen it done using plywood, to keep customers from walking down the side aisle and entering from there.

Comment

We are getting MACHINE MINDER. It sits on masking panel legs . If the beam is broken across a pair of lanes ( say lanes 9 and 10) it will trip out the master circuit breakers on the B.E control boxes. The problem is if someone goes under lane 9 ( trips out 9 and 10) and moves over to lane 8 which could still have power to machine, this is the reason for the guard / barrier.

Comment

Have fun with that.

Comment

Maybe only need to install a couple metal tubes/rails, to keep people in thier own lanes.
            Only need to stop people from going to next pair, dont need to block it completely.

Comment

Honestly, if bowlers go that far down the lanes they get a very stern warning from me and a brief explanation why they can't go there. If they do it again I will eject them and they're blackballed(no longer welcome in the center). If desk managers are doing their jobs & watching what's going on then this stuff almost never happens.

Comment

Motivated that's why we are getting machine minder "almost never happens". prevention is better than injury. We have to protect the stupid ones these days.

Comment

Originally posted by down under mate View Post
                  Motivated that's why we are getting machine minder "almost never happens". prevention is better than injury. We have to protect the stupid ones these days.
                  It is an unfortunate thing we have to protect people from themselves but that is the nature of the beast.

I have heard horror stories of kids making it down lanes, and over the years there were many times I had to usher young kids and adults out of the side aisles and lanes.

Mike Wilson
                  Bowl-Tech Inc..

Comment

Yes it is Mike.
                    Its better to be safe than sorry these days.
                    If an incident happens and a prevention measure is available but not used, what do you think will happen then?
                    We can only be pro active to a point.

Comment

Just run some MDF either 10mm or 20mm run it from your masking unit leg back along your kickback. Make it high enough to make it difficult to hop over it. I worked in a place that didn’t run the panel all the way back and it’s made it even more dangerous as you could put your body through the gap. Yes unfortunately we need to prepare for the worse in this day and age. Try cutting some cardboard as a template to get the angles correct and then move on from that

Comment

Ausweegie yeah have a template cut out. just what to use MDF or mesh?

Comment

Topic Starter RibbonScript

Collapse

Adsense Classic 2

Collapse
                        widgetinstance 666 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.

Table cutting off before the end of the cycle

I have one lane that has been giving me trouble lately. It used to be every once in awhile but now it is happening every cycle. Start 1st ball cycle, sweep drops does the usual...

ETU diagnostic tool

I've posted before about wanting to try and figure out how to fix these trigger boards we have. I'm trying to map the thing out and create a schematic, but it's slow going, especially...

Gutter Straps

Hey everyone, I hope someone can direct me in the right direction. I'm looking to find either a part number or someone willing to part with some.gutter straps. I have plastic...

AMF 82-90XL BE Gearbox seals part number cross reference.

I have spent a few hours cross checking part numbers for my 82-90xl's Back end gearboxes. I have found that most auto part stores carry these seals for a fraction of the price...

Roller Clutch issue

Has anyone had to remove the plastic ring in the back side of the plate in order to achieve good indexing? I now have 2 roller clutches without the backing rings in service. Either...

Another pivot bearing broke.

One and a half year old GSX machines. This will be the 5th pivot bearing that has broke. This one decided to take out a few things with it. Snapped the stroke limiter shock stud...
                        Working...
                        X