Adsense Classic 1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kind Words of Advice for New Proprietors

With all of the new proprietors joining Bowl-Tech lately, We need to do our part and bring up the most important responsibility you have to your employees.

Equipment safety MUST be FIRST priority.

Some are bringing on new technicians or possibly bringing on seasoned vets, either way, New Techs or Experienced everybody should review safety procedures for your particular equipment.

The equipment can be very dangerous or kill when improperly operated or when safety procedures are not followed.

After their shift, make sure your people go home to their loved ones happy and healthy.

Mike Wilson
    Bowl-Tech Inc..

Very good point. Also, proprietors MUST be trained in equipment safety too and should be forbidden from trying to "help" with machines until they have been trained. Being the owner doesn't protect them from risk of serious injury or death. Just ask the Cake Boss.

Comment

Amen, Mike. Safety is job one.

Comment

My experience has been, that the implementation of machine safety training and procedures has been delegated to the head mechanic/technician.
        Proprietors are focused on customer service and the day to day running of the business as a whole.
        The last thing I need as a head tech is someone with less experience telling me and my subordinates how to do our job safely
        Yes. Safety is of paramount importance but, unless you have prior and extensive experience or see something that is obviously unsafe. You, as a proprieter should leave the machinery safety protocols to those that you have employed to safe keep your machines and maintenance personnel.
        Just saying.

Comment

Safety first as mentioned. Hire people that are going to be in the higher positions of power that have been in the bowling business.

The bowling business is like no other. Many new owners make the mistake of hiring former restaurant or bar managers to run a bowling center, which is just asking for your business to fail IMHO.

A bowling center may have a restaurant and or a bar in it but the business of a bowling center can’t be run like either of those if you want to be successful.
          * this space left blank intentionally *

Comment

Have to agree with Headpin and Toomany10pins, I have seen a lot of folks with a degree in Hotel/Restaurant Management try to run a house like a restaurant/bar and fail. You have to have people who have been in the business if you want to get it right. And safe.
            Always remember rule #3,(Don't forget rule #1).Rule #1,see rule #3......

Comment

Topic Starter RibbonScript

Collapse

Adsense Classic 2

Collapse
            widgetinstance 666 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.

Approach Wear - DBA IQ/Anvilane

Our approach panels have a lot of wear at the joint between the first approach panel and the approach/heads panel. Nearly every one has the printed image worn through to various...

Rake sweeping out of time, and pin launching onto lane.

I work on some nice old Brunswick A-2 pin setters. Most issues I've come across haven't been to problematic to figure out. But being I can't seem to get it to recreate the issue...

Strange sweep problem

I’m a rookie mechanic and have been working on pinsetters for 2 years. One of my lanes has a problem with a sweep possibly coasting. I don’t know what could be causing it...

GSX Distributor shaft bearings

Two part topic:
            1. Plastic bearing (#66) used in place of regular sealed bearing (#51) -- thoughts?

2. ANY of these bearings with the black support mount...

The Legacy of the A2

I was recently disheartened to learn that a bowling center that I once serviced was actively looking to replace their A2's. I understand that most military bases and educational...

Table turning on short stroke.

Hello dear Bowltech members.
            First let me say thank you for your time. am plagued by a big issue for three weeks now.
            our technician is working full time on another...
            Working...
            X