Adsense Classic 1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WHAT INJURIES HAVE YOU HAD?

I was just wondering what injuries everyone has had working in the industry.
    I thought it might be a good list to show new employees.
    Myself I've had back injuries, crush injuries, broken foot, stabbed myself, lost finger and toenails and heaps of bumps and scratches, to name a few.
    SMILE! TOMORROW'S GOING TO BE WORSE

Let's see. I've banged my head on just about every part of a 70. Pulled a muscle in my back lifting the lane machine incorrectly. Had the lane machine fall on me when one of its transport wheels caught the carpet edge pinning me against the wall. A whole bunch of cuts, scratches and bruises. Still got all my fingers, and no broken bones, knock on wood.
    Necessity IS NOT the mother of invention. Laziness IS the mother of invention.

Comment

http://www.bowltech.com/forums/showt...4-worst-injury

Here is a pretty good list
      Sometimes we have to do stuff to get by....Just go back and do it right when the "by" has passed!!

Comment

Originally posted by smurtland View Post
        DANG!!!!!!!

Comment

This the worst in 28 years. All healed now.
          http://www.bowltech.com/forums/showt...y-luck-ran-out
          I'm going fishing and camping!

Comment

I was clearing an underground and got my middle finger smashed between 2 15lbs house balls. broke it in 3 places and recieved 8 stiches. I was adjusting the strike rod on a machines once had a costomer throw a ball down the lane i was working on and nailed the sweep that made me jump so hard i slammed the back of my head into the bottom of the shuttle and i put a bolt all the way to the bone. Another time i was rebuilding a bounce board and i was removing a vibration dampener and the bolt snapped and the ratchet cracked me right under my nose, im lucky to still have my front teeth. and of course the normal bumps, bruses, cut and spinters galore. twisted my ankle a few times coming down off a machine and stepped on a pin (I wear boots now!!!).

Comment

WOW PJ THAT MUST OF HURT LIKE HELL!
              HAS ANYONE MANAGED TO HIT THEMSELVES IN THE NUTS WITH A HAMMER? I HAVE
              SMILE! TOMORROW'S GOING TO BE WORSE

Comment

Originally posted by Disturbed1 View Post
                WOW PJ THAT MUST OF HURT LIKE HELL!
                HAS ANYONE MANAGED TO HIT THEMSELVES IN THE NUTS WITH A HAMMER? I HAVE
                LMFAO!!!!! No, but I watched a fellow do it when I was at Great Dane Trailers. He had a piece of steel chucked up in the vice, and with a mighty swing of a 24 oz ball peen hammer, missed and nutted himself. I HAVE NEVER, NEVER, IN MY LIFE SEEN ANY ONE GO THAT WHITE THAT QUICK. You know what happens next, so I won't go into detail; However, we did mess with him by making sure there was always a sledge hammer next to his box.

Comment

I had a pic of this one, so I will share:

I was putting a pulley on the main motor of an A2 from the back of the elevator. I was using a long pipe to drive the pulley onto the shaft. I was holding the pipe with one hand and swung with the other. Missed the pipe and wacked my hand pretty good. I was wearing some black gloves at the time. I was like ouch for a few secconds, and then I went back to work and thought nothing of it....

I worked through the rest of the night and forgot about it because my hand felt fine. At the end of the night I went to go take the gloves off and wash up and I saw this:

229429_6190654407_752614407_272924_3259_n.jpg

When I saw it I was like.....damn it, what the ****. I seriously had no idea that was under my glove. And as soon as I saw it, I then started to feel the pain from it. Nothing broke. Just was sore for a while, brusied up, and felt like I had a hard golf ball under my skin for a couple of weeks.
                  Nick

Comment

My history is pretty good only a few falls couple scratches and a few head bangs.. not bad for no safety training
                    "wiggle that wire see if it does anything"

Comment

I guess that I have not been lucky as pinfork or 1mechanic1, have been working on a/p,s since the 70's also, but have had broke ankles, ( two times ) from bowlers throwing balls after machine was off. I was stepping off light bar to get dead wood on pindeck and bam here comes 15 # ball at full speed. also had few stitches along the way. i do make sure that my feet are behind the rake now days as getting to old for the broke bones.

Thanks
                      Coby
                      ANYONE WHO HAS NEVER MADE A MISTAKE HAS NEVER TRIED ANYTHING NEW

Comment

This just happened to my night pinny as I am sitting in our lounge trying to relax, our snack bar manager comes running in saying the chaser just got hit with a ball so I jump up and run out of the lounge and all I can hear is him screaming in pain. I run down the gutter capping and see him laying in the pit holding his ribs. After quickly assessing that nothing is broken, 12 years combat medic experience, I get him calmed down enough where he could tell me what happened. There was a ball return call on lane 10 with 3 balls in the pit and the pbl belt off the pulleys so he turns off the switches, pulls the main power plug and climbs in to get the belt on the bottom pulley thru the ball door when a 15lb houseball cracks him in the left side. My first observation was the sweep was still up when I got to him as he lay in the pit and he said he should have put the sweep down before going in. He was taken to the ER and I just received word that he will be bruised and sore for a few days but nothing is cracked or broken. This is a stark reminder that there is no substitute for safety. ALWAYS make sure the sweep is down before entering the pit no matter what. Painful lesson learned.

Comment

Worst stupid injury was clipping an additional kicker spring on with the machine running. Caught the edge of my hand in the kicker pulley and ripped a little chunk off my finger. Nothing major but sore for awhile. Worst injury overall was stepping off the lanes onto the service aisle with a front roller over my shoulder and rolling my ankle.[
                          This was 2 days after the fact...another day brought a little more swelling and twice the bruise
                          Failed safety course.Question #1:In case of fire what steps do you take? Apparently 'Friggin long ones!" is the wrong answer.

Comment

First ever was back in the 70's when Dumb A... me was trying to punch out a broken bolt in an A-2 Turret..(without safety glasses) and a fragment flew into my eye. Wore glasses ever since!!!!! The next was 5 or 10 yrs later i went running out of shop and for whatever reason i jumped up going through door and hit my head on top of door jam. Landed on my A.. broke tailbone and needed several stitches in top of head. About 12 or so yrs ago I was rebuilding an 8270 back end gearbox. As I was testing it I forgot that the drive shaft housing weldment was still attached. Oh yeah.....I stuck a finger under there and you know the rest of the story. Still have the finger but it doesn't point too straight. Hopefully last....3 wks ago I took a step over an 8270 distributor...and as fast as I could blink my chest landed on the hand rail. OUCH!!! Only 2 minor cracks to rib cage. I chalked it up to a senior moment since i'm still such a world class athlete.

Comment

While installing a Qubica system, I had a ladder fail while running the overhead wires. Landed right on the lane divider across the middle of my back. I've had back problems ever sense. The inversion table is the best invention EVER!!

Just a couple years ago, had a socket slip off the bolt and punched myself right in the face.

I've never been injured by a pinsetter. I have ALWAYS unplugged the motors before entering the machine, worn safety glasses, gloves, proper PPE when and where needed. Yes, I've been shocked, smashed a finger now and then, taken a less than graceful exit off a machine, but nothing that's ever sent me home or lost me hours.

Safety first,
                              PinCup
                              We leave our greatest mark on this earth with the quality of our craftsmanship.

Comment

Topic Starter RibbonScript

Collapse

Adsense Classic 2

Collapse
                              widgetinstance 666 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.

Well this is a first.

We all from time to time have one of those “wow I’ve never seen THAT before” moments. Well today was one of those for me when my night tech texts me to say lane 16 is out...

Ball return wheel guide roller removal.

Hey guys, i could just use a bit of advice trying to get this part out, first time I've had to do one of these. I got it to move a few turns but its come to a point where it has...

Even old mechanics find something new.

All my years working on these things I never had this happen…… until last week. ...

82-90XL Frontend Gearbox Parts - Rebuild Woes

We have 5 of the 088000365 replacement gear kits on the shelf, and I pulled two gearboxes off machines earlier this week, so I thought I'd try my hand at rebuilding them and save...

Prolane damage

Can this be repaired?

LED Ball Lights

Made an LED conversion for A2's and Frameworx masks. It can also be modded for the Harmony masks to accept 2 x 5mm led's and/or a 12v supply. Once I'm happy with the performance/design...
                              Working...
                              X