Adsense Classic 1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OSHA Inspection today

Just had our OSHA inspection to qualify for VPP star status. All went great! The inspectors were very happy with what they saw in regards to training and the little extras we did to ensure safety for both employees and customers!

Originally posted by airlanes View Post
    and the little extras we did to ensure safety for both employees and customers!

Care to share any of your policies?

PinCup
    We leave our greatest mark on this earth with the quality of our craftsmanship.

Comment

Did you show then how you cleaned the cross conveyor belts

Jusskidn.
      This post is not an unpaid promotion of my business.

Comment

Ted, I do have PJ's pic hanging on my "WALL OF PAIN"
        Some of the other things we did.

Put plywood across the machines so you cant reach anywhere without taking off the guard.
        Plywood has line attached to shut off switch so you have to shut machine down when you have to reach in.
        Created a training log book to show that all staff has been trained in pinsetter operations, and understanding of MSDS, PPE, Job hazard analysis.
        Put MSDS book page numbers on all chemicals, so anyone can find the MSDS easily.
        Keep extra copies of MSDS sheets in the corresponding area ( flam locker, janitor locker, front desk)
        Put safety caps on all unused electrical outlets
        Stickers on foul light covers about dangers of crossing foul lines
        All open bowlers receive a rules of safety and bowling ettiquete sheet with a bounce back coupon hidden in the wording, so if they do read it they can get free games.

At the OSHA outbrief today my center was signaled out as doing things excepionally well

Comment

At the OSHA outbrief today my center was signaled out as doing things excepionally well

PC
          We leave our greatest mark on this earth with the quality of our craftsmanship.

Comment

WOW! Good job on the preventative safety features.

I do think it almost takes a 'Before You Bowl' safety class to prevent bowler claims once they pass the foul line.

And, I wager your center has the foul units on for all bowling? If so - way to go.
            This post is not an unpaid promotion of my business.

Comment

OSHA Inspection today

What a relief,,,Thats Over!
              If at first you don't succeed, try, try, again. Then quit. There's no use being a damn fool about it." -W.C.Fields

Comment

That's a cool idea with the free games in the safety sheet. willing to share it?
                When you know what to do, everything is easy.

Comment

Put MSDS book page numbers on all chemicals, so anyone can find the MSDS easily.
                  I like that idea...I will be doing that next week. Thanks for the input.
                  TSM & TSM Training Development
                  Main Event Entertainment
                  480-620-6758 for help or information

Comment

My etiquette sheet reads like this

All bowlers must wear approved bowling shoes
                    No bowlers are allowed past safety line (foul line)
                    Only one person on the approach at any time
                    No food or drink past scoring console
                    Return this sheet to front counter for a free game
                    No running in building
                    Bumpers are for children under 10 years old only
                    One lane courtesy is to be obseved at all times
                    Wait until pinsetter has stopped moving before throwing next shot
                    HAVE FUN!!!!!!

We also have an expiration date of two weeks for each freebie and we change them out every now and then (free fries, free soda)

Another thing I am doing is labelling all switches and outlets with the corresponding breaker box and breaker number. Makes it a lot easier to find when you need to shut a breaker off!

Comment

I like airlines idea also,

Page numbers on products with book with msds sheets... I will have to admit thats something i need to improve in, I'm very very good with safety and all but pretty poor with the MSDS stuff.. What do you guys train your staff on with the MSDS sheets? Just communication ? I keep mine in a folder

Mike
                      DO A NEAT CLEAN JOB, AND FIX IT RIGHT THE FIRST TIME. THE ONLY WAY TO WORK.

Comment

All staff must be able to find the correct sheet, identify any hazards and what ppe should be used. I have a spot check sheet that they must fill out yearly.

Comment

way to go airlanes, i like everything i read and you gave me great plans for outlet numbering and msds info. great post!

Comment

Topic Starter RibbonScript

Collapse

Adsense Classic 2

Collapse
                          widgetinstance 666 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.

Well this is a first.

We all from time to time have one of those “wow I’ve never seen THAT before” moments. Well today was one of those for me when my night tech texts me to say lane 16 is out...

Ball return wheel guide roller removal.

Hey guys, i could just use a bit of advice trying to get this part out, first time I've had to do one of these. I got it to move a few turns but its come to a point where it has...

Even old mechanics find something new.

All my years working on these things I never had this happen…… until last week. ...

82-90XL Frontend Gearbox Parts - Rebuild Woes

We have 5 of the 088000365 replacement gear kits on the shelf, and I pulled two gearboxes off machines earlier this week, so I thought I'd try my hand at rebuilding them and save...

Prolane damage

Can this be repaired?

LED Ball Lights

Made an LED conversion for A2's and Frameworx masks. It can also be modded for the Harmony masks to accept 2 x 5mm led's and/or a 12v supply. Once I'm happy with the performance/design...
                          Working...
                          X