Adsense Classic 1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Death at bowling center ,Sad day for bowling

This story was in todays paper dont know if it was posted hear. deep feelings go out to the family

Death at Bowling Center CLICK HERE
    Last edited by Mike Wilson; 12-20-2011, 12:28 AM. Reason: cleaned up link

Re: Death at bowling center ,Sad day for bowling

Sad.

Pull the power plugs people.

Comment

My thoughts are with his family.

Comment

wow!!! he worked there 2 yrs to,,, 21 yrs.old damn thats a terrible shame,,,, condolences to his family

Comment

heard about this last night......

terrible tradgedy........ thoughts and prayers are with family.

i heard he was walking on cat walk when his long shirt got caught in a pulley........

pulled him down on top of the machine and the table crushed his throat area.... [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/frown.gif[/img]

sad ...sad...sad...
          Originally posted by 82/30/70 king:
          I will go ahead and make an ass of myself.

Comment

that's depressing. my heart goes out to the family. we all need to be safer at what we
            do. some times i get too comfortable around
            the pinsetter. stories like this reminds
            me to be safe. be safe guys.

Comment

This is very very sad. BDaddy…I don’t think this is possible as the only pulley on the catwalk is on the ball lift. The article said that he was trying to un-jam a pin. So he was probably stuck between the table and bin. This is the most dangerous place to be on a 70. I’ve always felt that AMF should have designed a switch to black out the machine if the bin was raised even as much as ¼”.

My condolences to the family.

Comment

Originally posted by triac:
                I’ve always felt that AMF should have designed a switch to black out the machine if the bin was raised even as much as ¼”.
                <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">That is an EXCELLENT idea, Triac. Maybe something as simple as hooking up a microswitch and lever (like the sweep and table cam levers), with two wires, and route it up to the A&amp;MC box or rear control box to have the machine turn off when it activates. Something along those lines.

My heart goes out to this young man's family [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/frown.gif[/img]

Comment

Double Post

Comment

Not again! So far it's the 82-70's doing all the damage, what about the famous mashers? I am becomming afraid of 82-70's now.
                    Old and obsolete? It's new to me!

Comment

Originally posted by triac:
                      This is very very sad. BDaddy…I don’t think this is possible as the only pulley on the catwalk is on the ball lift. The article said that he was trying to un-jam a pin. So he was probably stuck between the table and bin. This is the most dangerous place to be on a 70. I’ve always felt that AMF should have designed a switch to black out the machine if the bin was raised even as much as ¼”.
                      <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">I think Stahl's has something like this. Not sure exactly what it's called. Tuffy Parts Saver maybe? It is a microswitch setup so if the bin raises up the machine shuts off.

Pete

Comment

The GS machines will black out if the table cannot travel it's normal stroke. I've intentionally blocked the upwards movement to see how much restriction it woould take. It's pretty effective.
                        Too bad the AMF pinspotters don't incorporate the same safety style mechanism. In the years past, the original 70 had what was later known as the 'suicide bar' that could trap someone between the raising table and the distributor support cross bracket. After some asyphixiation deaths, AMF sent droves of technicians to retrofit that design. Some proprietors refused the update, I've seen a few - hair stood up on the back of my neck. It's truely scary.

The painted picture is all too vivid for us technicians, we all offer condolences.

Maybe this tragedy will encourage us all to be more conscious of the hazards - and be willing to verbalize the same danger to supervisory/management folks.
                        This post is not an unpaid promotion of my business.

Comment

where does it say it was a 70? or does parker know the place personally?

Comment

Originally posted by Homer:
                            where does it say it was a 70? or does parker know the place personally?
                            <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">they are amf's..... that is a fact.

bowled quite a few tourneys there.....

i am not postive if they are 30s or 70s but i am leaning toward the 70s........
                            Originally posted by 82/30/70 king:
                            I will go ahead and make an ass of myself.

Comment

Seriously doubt it could be a 30, those are some of the safest machines to work on. If a pin was jammed it just causes a pile up and is easily fixed. I suppose you could lose a finger to the ball lift, but the pin wheel stops if jammed (known from experience) Don't know why people don't just pull the R/S plug and then reach in and or crank. Guess that in a center the stress to fix fast causes slips in judgement. Whenever I go bowling and spot a machine problem I tell my friends to be patient, just remember safety comes first.
                              Old and obsolete? It's new to me!

Comment

Topic Starter RibbonScript

Collapse

Adsense Classic 2

Collapse
                              widgetinstance 666 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.

Rake sweeping out of time, and pin launching onto lane.

I work on some nice old Brunswick A-2 pin setters. Most issues I've come across haven't been to problematic to figure out. But being I can't seem to get it to recreate the issue...

Strange sweep problem

I’m a rookie mechanic and have been working on pinsetters for 2 years. One of my lanes has a problem with a sweep possibly coasting. I don’t know what could be causing it...

GSX Distributor shaft bearings

Two part topic:
                              1. Plastic bearing (#66) used in place of regular sealed bearing (#51) -- thoughts?

2. ANY of these bearings with the black support mount...

The Legacy of the A2

I was recently disheartened to learn that a bowling center that I once serviced was actively looking to replace their A2's. I understand that most military bases and educational...

Table turning on short stroke.

Hello dear Bowltech members.
                              First let me say thank you for your time. am plagued by a big issue for three weeks now.
                              our technician is working full time on another...

Another pivot bearing broke.

One and a half year old GSX machines. This will be the 5th pivot bearing that has broke. This one decided to take out a few things with it. Snapped the stroke limiter shock stud...
                              Working...
                              X