Adsense Classic 1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SAFETY - SAFETY- SAFETY

In Memory of Toby Williams and other’s who have lost their lives in one of the most fascinating and rewarding jobs I know I want to refresh you on machine safety whether it be AMF or Brunswick.

Never enter the machine without disconnecting to main power, OSHA requires you to use the TAG OUT LOCK OUT PROCEDURE, and even tho many of you consider this to be a Pain in the ass it can save injury and or lives “yes even yours”.

DO NOT WEAR LOOSE FITTING CLOTHING, JEWLERY OR KEY/WALLET CHAINS, THE MACHINE CAN DRAW THIS TYPE OF ITEMS INTO THE GEARS ECT. AND IT’S ALSO POSSIBLE TO GET ELECTRICUTED WEARING THESE ITEMS.

DO NOT DISABLE ANY SAFETY DEVICE; again these can help save injuries and or lives. CHECK ALL SAFETY DEVICES INCLUDING WALL CIRCUIT BREAKERS ON A REGULAR BASIS, OR HIRE AN EXPERIENCED ELECTRICIAN TO CHECK THE HIGH VOTAGE CIRCUITS.

CHECK THE MACHINE ELECTRICAL WIRING ON A REGULAR BASIS REPAIRING ANY DEFECTIVE WIRING IMEDIATELY INCLUDING MOTORS.
    ON AMF EQUIPMENT KEEP ALL MOTOR WIRE TERMINALS COVERED EITHER WITH THE PROPER PLUG HOUSING OR METAL OR PLASTIC PLATE.

KEEP THE MACHINE AS CLOSE TO OEM AS POSSIBLE.

When it’s required to run a AMF machine while you perform maintenance “UNPLUG THE SWEEP AND TABLE MOTORS” you can still adjust the distributor with the motors unplugged. “ NEVER CRANK MOTORS WITH THE POWER PLUG IN THE MOTOR.

NEVER RUN IN THE BACKEND OR ON THE CATWALKS OF THE MACHINES.

KEEP THE MACHINES AND BACKEND CLEAN, WIPE UP AND GREASE OR LIQUID IMEDIATELY.

NEVER ALLOW AN INEXPERIANCED PERSON TO WORK ON EQUIPMENT EVEN IF IT MEANS YOU’LL NEED TO WORK AN EXTRA SHIFT.

I have studied what was written by Toby’s GM and have come to the conclusion that the following happened.
    “From his description it sounds like there was a pin jammed between the table and the bin and the table was probably a least ½ way up which means the table motor klixon “overload” would have kicked out stopping power to the motor. This means that even though the main power plug should have been pulled before entering the machine the table would have moved upwards a little without power being applied because of the counter balance springs on the torque tube. If I’m right in this assumption then to prevent this accident the table should have been cranked down until the pin was no longer jammed between the table and bin” the pin could then have been removed safely and power turned back on.

I’ve been in this great field for well over 50 years and I love everyone in the Bowling business and it brings me unbelievable sorrow to hear about anyone being injured or worse. I dedicate this page to TOBY WILLIAMS and wish that each of you would post this all over your backend to remind yourself and your team that SAFETY IS EVERYONE’S BUSINESS. I ASK EACH OF YOU TO ADD YOUR OWN SAFETY COMMENTS .

Sincerely “ The Old Guy”

Re: SAFETY - SAFETY- SAFETY

Great post Old Guy. Safety should always be the first priority.
    * this space left blank intentionally *

Comment

Great post... Saftey is the only way to go

Comment

That is a great post Old Guy. I've forwarded it to AMF's tech supervisor down here. A sad lesson is to be learned from Toby's mistake, but learn it we must.

Ray
        ps. hope to see you back at work soon :p
        Ray Jordan
        Cybernetic Solutions/tenpintec
        Australia

Comment

Ray:

Thanks for the good wishes, I have an appointment with my Cardiologist next Monday so I’ll have a better idea then when I’ll return to work.

I’ll email you as soon as I’m back.

Comment

Topic Starter RibbonScript

Collapse

Adsense Classic 2

Collapse
          widgetinstance 666 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.

Rake sweeping out of time, and pin launching onto lane.

I work on some nice old Brunswick A-2 pin setters. Most issues I've come across haven't been to problematic to figure out. But being I can't seem to get it to recreate the issue...

Strange sweep problem

I’m a rookie mechanic and have been working on pinsetters for 2 years. One of my lanes has a problem with a sweep possibly coasting. I don’t know what could be causing it...

GSX Distributor shaft bearings

Two part topic:
          1. Plastic bearing (#66) used in place of regular sealed bearing (#51) -- thoughts?

2. ANY of these bearings with the black support mount...

The Legacy of the A2

I was recently disheartened to learn that a bowling center that I once serviced was actively looking to replace their A2's. I understand that most military bases and educational...

Table turning on short stroke.

Hello dear Bowltech members.
          First let me say thank you for your time. am plagued by a big issue for three weeks now.
          our technician is working full time on another...

Another pivot bearing broke.

One and a half year old GSX machines. This will be the 5th pivot bearing that has broke. This one decided to take out a few things with it. Snapped the stroke limiter shock stud...
          Working...
          X